Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread 2017

715,479 Views | 3233 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sean98
Spotted Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Spotted Ag said:

Screw it can't get the pic to upload.

I'm right there with you. TA seems to be constantly changing the ways to add pictures. For me, I was using the "insert an image" button a couple weeks ago when I was told that you don't need to use that, but just paste the link into your text and it will pop up. That works for me, but I still don't understand why you have the stupid button if you don't need it, or if it won't work with certain links. There's got to be a better way to post images!
I used to use photobucket but photobucket broke all their links and are now charging to be able to link pics. Not TA fault on this one.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Still not working
Spotted Ag
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Still not working
This crap is pissing me off.

Can't even link a google photo
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
AgEng06
AG
Spotted Ag said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Still not working
This crap is pissing me off.

Can't even link a google photo
Google photos have issues sometimes. Imgur works, all the time. Use Imgur.
Spotted Ag
AG
AgEng06
AG

Edit to use larger pic version for ID.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Hognose!
Spotted Ag
AG
AgEng06 said:

Edit to use larger pic version for ID.
Thanks for your help!
Your Friend
Hoggies
Spotted Ag
AG
It was found in a school library and after careful examination by the superintendent, maintenance guy, and 2 principals it was determined to be as dangerous as a black mamba so they dealt it with accordingly....smh.
AZAG08
AG
library mambas are the worst
Spotted Ag
AG
Spotted Ag said:

It was found in a school library and after careful examination by the superintendent, maintenance guy, and 2 principals it was determined to be as dangerous as a black mamba so they dealt it with accordingly....smh.
Found another one this morning in cafeteria!

"I've had it with these monkeyfied snakes in this monday to friday school!!!"
Spotted Ag
AG
The principal just told me they thought the one they found this morning was cobra! LOL, oh what I would've given to have been there.
AZAG08
AG
Spotted Ag said:

The principal just told me they thought the one they found this morning was cobra! LOL, oh what I would've given to have been there.
Don't forget just last year in Needville
BuddysBud
AG
The first time I saw a hognose, cobra crossed my mind. Too bad they did not let it get to its playing dead mode.
Badace52
AG
Almost every time someone in Texas tells you they saw a "cobra" or a "puff adder", it's a hognose. Poor little guys get a bad rap cuz they puff their necks out and hiss to scare off predators. In my experience, they rarely bite even if picked up and would rather play dead.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bushman
AG
Caught another canebrake at the lease this past weekend. That makes 3 this year, been seeing more and more of them. Since photo bucket sucks now, can't post pics, but it was around 40" long, and incredibly dosile.
txags92
AG
bushman said:

Caught another canebrake at the lease this past weekend. That makes 3 this year, been seeing more and more of them. Since photo bucket sucks now, can't post pics, but it was around 40" long, and incredibly dosile.
Imgur is your friend.
DDSO
AG
Where are you located? We have seen 3-4 at our place in the past year as well. I have always heard they were there but never saw any until this year.
Log
AG
Red River County, IIRC.
The Fife
BuddysBud said:

The first time I saw a hognose, cobra crossed my mind. Too bad they did not let it get to its playing dead mode.

"I am dying from your stinky touch!"
12th Man Ag
AG
What is this?

Found in Fall Creek in Humble, TX.
bushman
AG
Correct, Red River, north of Clarksville.
OnlyForNow
AG
Escaped pet.
Sean98
AG
Found this today. Interesting little macabre scene...
jgh85Ag
AG
Corn snake?
OnlyForNow
AG
Looks like a big o'fat mossican
jgh85Ag
AG
Pregnant or over indulged like the scene from the meaning of life? It's wafer thin!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Looks like a big o'fat mossican

Judging by the pattern on the young, I'd say Northern water snake but not positive. Not a moccasin though.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Looks like a red variation of a garter snake but I have never seen one that color before in person.
agent-maroon
AG
jgh85Ag said:

Corn snake?

Patterned somewhat like a corn snake on the sides but I've never seen stripes on one
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sean98
AG
We don't have any moccasins up here. Some variation of non-ven water snake. She was reasonably deteriorated, and I already suck at IDing the various water snakes.
Bottlerocket
AG
Me wife saw this guy stuck in a bale. She pulled it out and set it free.

Kansas, right? You have like two species, maybe three. Come on man!
12th Man Ag
AG
What about this one? Baytown, TX

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.