Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread 2017

715,550 Views | 3233 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sean98
agent-maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
12f Mane said:

IBombedTheMoon said:

It's a bit of a story, but that broken step is the reason I saw that *******. It was God watching out for me and my brother
Lol, I'm sure God is super glad you smote another one of his creations.

FIFY
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Something something "Enmity".

(That would of been funny had I been a bible scholar.)
12f Mane
AG
Smote... enmity... Got some scholars on here.

I'm not a smart man but I know what a snake is.
SabineAg
AG
Ptery83
Do people still fall for these pics? Seems like a fad that should have died out by now...
IBombedTheMoon
AG
My brother and I were doing some hog hunting, he's got a little bit of weight on him, so when he went up the stairs he broke that step. Those steps ar two years old and I've been up and down them no less than 200 times. So around midnight a storm with 40-60mph gusts was moving in and we decided to wait out the storm in the truck. My brother went down first, put his rifle in my truck, and was on his way back to grab my rifle and cooler. We were a bit drunk so going down those steps with a bunch of crap wasn't the safest way to go about it.

Anyway, because he had busted the step, I was going down face out to make sure I stepped over the busted step. Because of that, and by some miracle, I noticed the rattler 1-2' from the base of the steps, coiled, and head up. I screamed at him to back up, got back up in the blind, and shot the sum-***** with my 9mm, hitting him 4 out of 6 times.

The chain of events that went down that led me to actually seeing him was beyond extraordinary, which is why I think God was watching out for us.
12f Mane
AG
The Deer Blind Miracle. So it shall be. God is proud. Not like you could have let it go on it's way or avoid it.

Circumstances lead me to see snakes all the time. I am jesus.
IBombedTheMoon
AG
My blind it 16' to the base, 23' to the top, it's stable, but I wouldn't risk hunting in it during 40-60mph winds. That and the landowner has asked all of his hunters to shoot any hog, coyote, or rattler on sight. Safety is our first objective out here, staying in the landowner's good graces is #2.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
IBombedTheMoon said:

My blind it 16' to the base, 23' to the top, it's stable, but I wouldn't risk hunting in it during 40-60mph winds. That and the landowner has asked all of his hunters to shoot any hog, coyote, or rattler on sight. Safety is our first objective out here, staying in the landowner's good graces is #2.

Alright, not trying to pick on you but... you talk about being drunk in the post above, then mention the height of your blind and then mention how safety is your number one objective... I'm not going to criticize you for shooting the snake or drinking in the blind, but preaching about safety is a reach.

Glad you're safe though!
12th Man Ag
AG
Something doesn't compute...

Quote:

We were a bit drunk so going down those steps with a bunch of crap wasn't the safest way to go about it.

Quote:

Safety is our first objective out here

CowtownAg06
AG
Cuourtsy of ol_army12 on the GB

Badace52
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Yeah... no.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BuddysBud
AG
Hogenose
magnumtmp
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

That guys balls are bigger than his brain.
TheVarian
AG
My heart was pounding watching that
Mathguy64
AG
What I noticed was than none of the drawers have any sort of lock or catch. That seems unsafe. Just imagine coming in and seeing several open. Thats pee your pants time.
Ol Jock 99
AG
There have been several videos from that lab. I recall one floating around about 2-3 years back.
agent-maroon
AG
Why are people fascinated by videos of bored employees just doing their jobs?
tx4guns
AG
A whole room full of nope ropes.
ellebee
CowtownAg06 said:

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU I WANT A LIVE RAT"

Serious Lee
think those snakes being kept to farm their venom for medicine or is that the go to guy for snakes on a plane?
Courtesy Flush
AG
At the :39 mark, that snake missed his hand by inches
Tx-Ag2010
AG
**** THAT!!! I say nuke it from orbit just to be sure...
The Fife
Don't worry, those latex gloves will take care of everything!
raidernarizona
Snake ID help. Sorry, no pic but was recently driving through NM west of Fort Sumner on Hwy 60/285.

There was a beautiful red wine/purple colored snake (approx 3-3.5 ft in length) sunning on the highway. Some type of coachwhip or racer?
Badace52
AG
Probably a red color phase coachwhip
https://goo.gl/images/6kvXBU
txags92
AG
Are those also referred to as "pink racers"? I remember my dad talking about seeing them out in the big bend/marathon region.
Badace52
AG
Red racers... pink racers... whip snake. All synonyms for coachwhip.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
All synonyms for...

Oops wrong board nvm.
raidernarizona
Thanks alot! He was a brilliant plum purple in the sun. Gorgeous snake!
zooguy96
mathguy86 said:

What I noticed was than none of the drawers have any sort of lock or catch. That seems unsafe. Just imagine coming in and seeing several open. Thats pee your pants time.

The drawers are fine. They fit securely into each shelf, and the snakes can't move he drawer out. It actually is a very easy method to keep multiple snakes. Very common in the pet trade and in zoos and aquariums.
Cuterebra
AG
It is getting late in the year, but Texas is a snakey place. Who is going to post the last snake siting of 2017?
txags92
AG
Dammit, I knew I should have taken pictures. Just mowed the lawn for the final time this year and had at least 3 rough earth snakes in the grass along the edge of the driveway.
ellebee
You mean grass snakes?
Ol Jock 99
AG
ellebee said:

You mean grass snakes?
Darn right.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.