Landcruisers

522,651 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by AgCMT
Woods Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm so ready to get started...

My gaskets and seals just came in for my front/rear axles. The lift kit is on order and will be here the 21st. The tie-rod ends are in the mail... I just want to start tearing this thing apart, but.....

My 2021 F-250 DEF sensor went out and the sensor is on backorder - ETA 4 weeks. I will spare everyone the rant on our GD POS Gov EPA ****in the common man for no reason and making me pay for the experience...

So I am stuck with this 97 as my daily driver and can't risk tearing it apart.
mrmill3218
AG
Guitarsoup said:

I was looking at those but I'm glad that I got my 100. More room and you don't have to deal with the suicide doors

Yeah you're probably right. Really have the itch for a manual at the moment for some reason.
mrmill3218
AG
Woods Ag said:

I just don't like the look of the FJs. Not real sure on offroad capability.

I went 80 because I wanted solid front axle and factory lockers. Truth is, unless you're going on the far end of backcountry driving/offroading you'll be fine with whatever you choose. I'm just a dork.

No I mean 80 is the gold standard for me. Just don't know if I can afford one.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Ordered a dual seal speedometer housing from Valley Hybrids as well as a parking brake rebuild kit. I have a small leak in that area and this is the most likely culprit. Parking brake barely works so it's either smoked or covered in oil.
'03ag
Merus Adventure Park

Naveronski
AG
Made our first trip out there in January. Loved it.
'03ag
It was insane yesterday. Gusting winds had to hit 50+mph. Just soent a few minutes there and hit up a hotel. We're headed back today. It's cold but low wind. Should be a good day. Not going to push the LX too hard though. Maybe a mild blue. Just want to get in the canyon and scope it out.
'03ag

Naveronski
AG
Beautiful!

That's one of my recent/new/favorite parks.

Naveronski
AG
Also, are you staying out for the weekend?
'03ag
Naveronski said:

Also, are you staying out for the weekend?
No. Was planning on staying Thursday night and tonight. But we'd already spent a few nights at caprock, and by the time we got to Merus we had no desire to spend the night on a rim site. The wind out there is just dumb. All the canyon sites were booked. We'll be back though. Amazing place
Naveronski
AG
Ahh, gotcha. Apparently there is an event this weekend; a few friends are up there too.
'03ag
Member event
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Took my family to Dinosaur Valley State Park, but no one wants to ride in the 80 for that long. So we took my wife's expedition. Lame.

I'm hoping once my kids get a little older, they'll be me interested in what it is capable of, and that will justify buying all the overlanding stuff I have on my list.
'03ag
Ended doing a couple of mild blue sections. Only had real trouble once or twice. This is really only our 2nd time on trails of any kind

This isnthe stickiest situation we got in and I don't even have a good pic.

And of course all my video sucks but hey we tried. We spent a lot of time just feeling the car out making sure we knew what was trouble and what wasn't. I have a skid plate on the way and sliders getting ordered soon. 35s probably sometime this year

Naveronski
AG
The diversity is part of why I like the park. Everything from calm trails to crazy dock crawling.

What part of Texas do y'all call home?
'03ag
DFW/Colleyville
drumboy
AG
'03ag said:

Ended doing a couple of mild blue sections. Only had real trouble once or twice. This is really only our 2nd time on trails of any kind

This isnthe stickiest situation we got in and I don't even have a good pic.

And of course all my video sucks but hey we tried. We spent a lot of time just feeling the car out making sure we knew what was trouble and what wasn't. I have a skid plate on the way and sliders getting ordered soon. 35s probably sometime this year

What lift or suspension mods do you need for 35s? I got an LX570 recently and want mild ATs but the stock tires rub when turning if it's the low mode.
'03ag
There's some good writeups on mud, but some wheel well liner timing is all that's needed. A sensor lift isn't a bad idea, but it doesn't do anything for clearance at full articulation.

My 33s(275 width) probably rub a little in low too. It's really only meant for highway cruising.
Naveronski
AG
Should come out to a TTR or LSLC meeting; both clubs are on mud. LSLC is more active on there, TTR is mostly on FB.
'03ag
What those letters mean?
Aggietaco
AG
Texas trail riders
Lone star land cruisers
Naveronski
AG
Sorry, looks like AggieTaco helped me out though.
'03ag
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fitting-full-fat-35x12-5-on-an-lx.1227030/

There's more but this is s good start
Woods Ag
AG
Ironman 4" FCP Stage 2 Suspension kit is in.

I am new and inexperienced with anything automobile, but I've got the tools I need (so i think) to do this myself; however, after watching this video I got real nervous...

Called the local 4x4 shop and it'll be a month before they can do it themselves.

2 Questions:
- If I have the time to do this myself, do you think I can manage to get this done myself?
- If I cannot - what is your best guess as to what it would cost to have this installed a local shop?
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Yes. You can do it yourself. If it's the original suspension you are replacing, start hitting all the nuts and bolts with PB Blaster to get them loose. I sprayed mine everyday for a week before I even attempted to remove the old suspension. It still took a lot of leverage to brake some of them loose. Thankfully, I never stripped any. Give yourself a solid weekend to do the job. I know it is commonly said you can do the job in a few hours, but go ahead and plan on it taking longer.
Naveronski
AG
Yes, it can be done DIY.

Where are you?
Woods Ag
AG
Southern Missouri
Naveronski
AG
That severely impacts my offer to help install the lift.
Woods Ag
AG
Haha! I appreciate the thought.
ATL Aggie
AG
Do you guys have any good sources for finding hard to find parts?

I am having trouble sourcing door moulding for my 40th anniversary. The '97 40th anniversary and Limited Edition moulding did not have the "Four Wheel Drive" lettering. A previous owner of mine replaced the moulding and I am trying to go back to the original look.
Woods Ag
AG
What do you guys think of Nitto Ridge Grapplers 315/70x17 for a 97 LC?

It's been my favorite tire on my truck. Wondering how the LC would handle them..
aggiepaintrain
AG
ATL Aggie said:

I am having trouble sourcing door moulding for my 40th anniversary. The '97 40th anniversary and Limited Edition moulding did not have the "Four Wheel Drive" lettering. A previous owner of mine replaced the moulding and I am trying to go back to the original look.

there is no limited edition, there's collector's edition though

american models (regular 97s) do not have 4 wheel drive on them either, those molding used to be available from
the dealer as of a couple years ago.

ATL Aggie
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

ATL Aggie said:

there is no limited edition, there's collector's edition though

american models (regular 97s) do not have 4 wheel drive on them either, those molding used to be available from
the dealer as of a couple years ago.

Right, I meant collectors edition.

That is interesting about regular models not having the lettering on the mouldings, I didnt realize that. You would think that it would be easier to find, but its not. The toyota parts guy I spoke to said it will have the lettering, maybe I was talking to the wrong guy.
reddog90
AG
ATL Aggie said:

Do you have the part number? Try partsouq or amayama. Can also use partsouq diagrams to find the part number.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.