Landcruisers

520,160 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by AgCMT
reddog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RVAg02 said:

Streetfighter 02 said:

RVAg02 said:

reddog90 said:

My 60 smelled the snow and started rusting from inside the garage.

Details on your lift please?
Not enough to keep the water out.

Ah so you got jokes now.
What happened?
Centerpole90
AG
Yes. This sounds interesting.
Aggietaco
AG
K Bo said:

https://houston.craigslist.org/wto/d/montgomery-toyota-tundra-trd-wheels-and/7276184685.html

If any Houston area LC peeps are looking for RW's. I'd be all over it but have funds directed elsewhere at the moment.
He's pretty proud of those, though I suppose the tires have some value if you can use the size.
RVAg02
AG
reddog90 said:

RVAg02 said:

Streetfighter 02 said:

RVAg02 said:

reddog90 said:

Ah so you got jokes now.
What happened?

Lost my 100 in Harvey when I thought there was no way I would flood by 3 feet.
K Bo
AG
No chance he's going to get $1800. I'd guess $1200. The tires look too worn to be of much value. That said, 285/70/17 is what I'd be going with if running 17"s on my LC.
Centerpole90
AG
Dang it. That' no vale verga.
RVAg02
AG
Centerpole90 said:

Dang it. That' no vale verga.

Yeah. My 200 is a wonderful daily driver but my 2007 was true love.
reddog90
AG
I texted the guy with the rock warriors and it's a set of 4. I'm assigning no value to the tires, and $450/wheel seems ridiculous. I know they are almost unobtanium but they can continue to take up space in his garage at that price imo.
K Bo
AG
Yep, at $1800 that's a bad deal. We've exchanged a few emails and he's sent over a couple better pics. He told me if I brought $1200 cash this weekend he'd sell the wheels and tires. At $300/wheel it's very tempting but it's just not in the budget right now.
JB
AG
Just finished up the 180k timing belt service/water pump on our 01. So many bolts! But everything went smoothly. No leaks thus far. Did plug at the same time. YouTube was a big help.

reddog90
AG
Bravo
Naveronski
AG

drmwvr
AG
Some teasers for early next week reveal

AggieGunslinger
AG
I am a few k from needing to do my 00, how hard was it, did it take much time or need any special tools?
reddog90
AG
Which one of yall is this?

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/houston-tx-2001-tlc-168k-built.1215949/
reddog90
AG
K Bo
AG
"early next week" has passed!
drmwvr
AG
Ha, you are right! I'll get some better pics this weekend as I'm out of town for work.

K Bo
AG
Yes! What perch did you end up on? SPC UCA's, as well? What do you think so far?
Streetfighter 02
AG
RVAg02 said:

Streetfighter 02 said:

RVAg02 said:

reddog90 said:

Ah so you got jokes now.
I'm still keeping eyes out for your 40 series purchase. They come with factory drain holes.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/austin-tx-1977-fj40-freeborn-red-patina.1242417/#post-13684994
RVAg02
AG
Always!
reddog90
AG

Cruiser Kurt!
Overland Journal Podcast has a recent episode with him as a guest as well.
mts6175
AG
drmwvr
AG
Cross post from Mud

Adding a few pics now that I've had the lift for a week and it's settled some. Specs- Installed by Duggy's Garage in houston. Great to work with as always. 4th perch, SPC UCAs, OME medium .75" rear springs, 285/65r18 BFG with NO spacers.

I pull a boat so 1.5" rake. Measurement to highest point of roof rack on level ground is 6'-7". I wanted to be below 6'-8" for parking garages.

I like the way it handles and rides. The ride is stiffer but way more controlled. E rated tires contributes to this as well. Changed suspension at 165k (owned since 50k) so I'm sure the OEM suspension was worn out. Doesn't feel anymore top heavy than before.

I'll post then alignment numbers later but it is really dialed in with the new UCAs.

Entire setup is highly recommended so far. I'll be pulling my boat to the coast later in the month so I'm interested to see how that goes. With the stiffer rear suspension, I'm betting it's going to pull better than before (which wasn't bad to begin with except for squat).

Other notes- added the running boards back until I pick a slider option. Still need to reinstall the front mud flaps. Will install front replacement bumper in near future.

fwag04
AG
How heavy is the boat you're pulling? I have a 100 series and am potentially looking to upgrade to a 200, I have a ~7600 lb boat to pull potentially once a year
Naveronski
AG
Howdy, friends.

drmwvr
AG
fwag04 said:

How heavy is the boat you're pulling? I have a 100 series and am potentially looking to upgrade to a 200, I have a ~7600 lb boat to pull potentially once a year

Probably 3.5k at most. No issue with power but the rear squats significantly with the stock suspension. I don't have trailer brakes but would recommend for the weight you are contemplating. I also have a 100 and the 200 will out pull it all day long.
Post removed:
by user
Three Seasons
AG
Letting the local CTE automotive students have some fun - but not too much fun - having a local shop rework the engine then seeing how far the students want to go with this project.

84' FJ60 235,XXX

Centerpole90
AG
Win.

And win for the kids.
reddog90
AG
Sorry if I missed it but what size tires?

I am really thinking about taking my rig to Duggy's for a new alignment. I think they will do a better job of fine tuning the specs to get rid of my rub on the KDSS arm and passenger sway bar.
drmwvr
AG
K Bo said:

Yes! What perch did you end up on? SPC UCA's, as well? What do you think so far?
4th perch. Yes on SPCs. OME Medium load .75 springs. So far, I love it. Will be towing my boat tomorrow to the coast so am looking forward to seeing how it performs with a heavier spring setup.
drmwvr
AG
reddog90 said:

Sorry if I missed it but what size tires?

I am really thinking about taking my rig to Duggy's for a new alignment. I think they will do a better job of fine tuning the specs to get rid of my rub on the KDSS arm and passenger sway bar.
It's in the original post but the tire size is 285/65r18

Duggys did the alignment too with some lifted 200 Series tweaks

AggieGunslinger
AG
Anyone replaced their a/c compressor on a 100 series. I got the flashing a/c light last year and replaced the suspect relay which mostly alleviated the problem but it is back now and looks like it might be time to do the compressors. I haven't priced what the local indy shop will charge but my guess is it will be much higher than what I can buy the parts and gauges for and learn a new skill.
Dumpster Fire
AggieGunslinger said:

Anyone replaced their a/c compressor on a 100 series. I got the flashing a/c light last year and replaced the suspect relay which mostly alleviated the problem but it is back now and looks like it might be time to do the compressors. I haven't priced what the local indy shop will charge but my guess is it will be much higher than what I can buy the parts and gauges for and learn a new skill.

No but I'm probably going to need to do this as well. I haven't checked mud but that's where I'd go for help on anything

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.