Landcruisers

521,830 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by AgCMT
fwag04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This popped up on FB marketplace today

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/189532596495323/

Edit: That went pretty fast. It was on 02 100 for $5,995.
reddog90
AG
Working on getting Marge's fuel tank replaced under the recall from '91. Let's see how this goes....
JB
AG

My wife's 01 LX in Blue Vapor vs my buddies '18 LC in Dark Blue Mica. Looks black most of the time. Its in my shop now and about to get some Icon suspension, some Slee parts, and a ARB compressor. I've driven it some this weekend and it is very nice.

Unrelated to that, I found a burb for my wife to drive, so the 100 series is for sale. Link to CL ad coming up.
JB
AG
https://collegestation.craigslist.org/cto/d/bryan-2001-lexus-lx470/7376536014.html
Dill-Ag13
AG
So much want. Love that paint scheme
K Bo
AG
Been almost a month, this thread needs a bump. Ordered an Ironman premium bumper for the 200. Should be here next Friday!
reddog90
AG
Nice!

I finished my oil galley plug fix on Marge a while back. Just had to be patient and drill the botched screw and plug out carefully. I tapped and plugged it just fine.
Still hunting down an occasional fuel delivery type issue. Life has been upside down and the truck sat with a full tank for probably 2 months. I ran that tank out along with some MMO, then filled up with corn free with a heavy dose of seafoam. I did a seafoam hot soak last week as well. Truck is running great after that hot soak so maybe that fixed it somehow. Still working with corporate on a new tank under the recall from '91.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
I need to get some new pictures posted of my 100. I spend the first few days of my covid lockdown installing OME torsion bars, shocks, and Slee rear coils. The 17 year old 150k mile suspension was getting a little tired.

ARB front bumper is next.
Complete Idiot
I've been daily driving my 220K mile 2006, my other car has been at the dealership for six (6!!) weeks for repairs. Runs like a top, no problem - just gulps gas.
cruiserag2020
Same. Daily driving my 2000 LC with 258k on it. Need to look at a new rack and maybe upper ball joints soon but that's more preventative than anything telling me to do it now

Love driving this thing so much I'll find an excuse to run an errand or do something around town!
Complete Idiot
Was fun to see an older Land Cruiser Prado running circles around modern souped up Range Rovers in the new Bond film (yes, Bond is driving the Prado).

Turned to my wife and said "Land Cruiser", as if she would appreciate it and do anything other than roll her eyes as she does whenever I talk about cars.
reddog90
AG
LX 600 revealed tomorrow.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37907038/2022-lexus-lx600-reveal-announced/
Aggietaco
AG
Wood
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37940433/2022-lexus-lx600-revealed/

Of course everyone will beetch about the grille, other than that I think it looks great.

Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Side profile looks like a bigger RAV4
txcincinnatus
AG
Don't think US version is getting a locking center or rear diff. Big disappointment. Japan off road version getting lockers in front, middle, and rear from factory. Don't mind the looks. More refined than current gen. Glad to see third row folds flat. No split tailgate also a bummer.
kyledr04
AG
The rear seats in the Ultra luxury model looks awesome. Makes me want one with a chauffeur.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Strong chance this is my next vehicle. Wish you could get the super premium 2nd row with a small 3rd row to use in a pinch. Only options are 4 pass or 7 pass? Cmon man! At least the 3rd row folds flat with the regular 2nd row now.

Edit: Apparently the base model is a 5 passenger configuration but not interested in that either.
K Bo
AG
Ironman bumper is on, next up is a much needed wash!

reddog90
AG
Looking good. Were you happy with the service there?
K Bo
AG
Yes, all things considered, I have been pleased with the service. I'd always prefer to do my own work but the reality is I don't have the time or space to do a bumper install right now. It helped that they gave me a loaner while they had my truck in the shop. Their communication was very good and they were on schedule to receive my truck and finish the job. The bumper was damaged in shipping and Ironman has already shipped a replacement bumper, which is overkill since it was only scuffed paint / exposed metal.

They also previously installed the Slee slidersteps on my truck and I was satisfied with that job, as well.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Heads up, went to order OME torsion bars and they are backordered.
Also ordered some 275/70-18 KO2's.
stevopike
AG
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ome-torsion-bars-100-series.1267196/

not mine
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Oh dang! Thanks!!
K Bo
AG
https://www.thomasvilletoyota.com/new-vehicles/#action=im_ajax_call&perform=get_results&search=land+cruiser&page=1&order=ASC&orderby=price
reddog90
AG
A stock '20 with dumb wheels and 21k miles for $103k is bananas.
RVAg02
AG
Umm...did you look at the others? Talk about bananas.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
UPS has an extra set of mine floating around somewhere.

Backordered at Slee, so I ordered through 4wp. Became backordered through 4wp after placing my order with an ETA of 6 months. So I canceled and went back to Slee, where they had come back in stock. I received the "canceled" torsion bars from 4wp a few days after getting the bars from Slee. Then UPS lost them while returning to 4wp and I'm dealing with a claim with UPS...
reddog90
AG
MTTANK
AG
If anyone wants a cheap cruiser, snatch this one up. Might be a good flip for paintrain?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1165175264304174

I went and looked at it with cash in hand to buy. Bad- 290k miles, interior smells and carpet and seats need redone. No timing belt history, only sticker shows it was done at 96k. Power steering leak, probably the hoses but could be a rack I guess.

Good- paint is good and body is straight. One family owned cruiser. One of the better colors with the best interior color. I just could not get over the smell, and am looking for something a little cleaner with better maint records.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Didn't last long
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
reddog90
AG
Yukon Kit is starting an official Bayou City chapter of TLCA. First meeting tentatively 12.8.21 in the evening at St. Arnolds. Let me know if you want me to forward his email.
reddog90
AG
4th Annual Surfside Cruise 12.4.21

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/4th-annual-surfside-beach-cruiser-run.1268097/
K Bo
AG
Gonna miss it again this year due to being out of town.
ILikeTacos
AG
I just bought a "pre loved" GX460, that's a Land Cruiser Prado right? Still counts to be in the cool kids group right???

Build thread will happen I am sure...
Aggietaco
AG
Let me know when you sell it in 6 months. Wife wants one, just unmotivated to go shop.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.