Landcruisers

522,647 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by AgCMT
drmwvr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

https://pakmule.com/product/pakmule-bronco-hat/

A nice hat for those of y'all who have a pakmule.

Must be one of those rare 41.37 series Land Cruisers built in England!
Centerpole90
AG
I'm going to pose this question to streetfighter, but it's really for everyone on the thread with older trucks. His comment on the award car thread prompted the question.

What are you guys doing for insurance? I currently have it on my personal auto policy, but I effectively self insured for loss or damage. I should do something about this.
reddog90
AG
I have full coverage on my 60 with an agreed value stated up front. This is just with a normal carrier that our other vehicles are on but it's a classic auto policy. I supposedly have a 5k mi/yr limit but they have yet to ask me what the current mileage is and I don't know how they keep up with this. Hagerty would have been similar coverage with no mileage limit but it was much more expensive for some reason. I just switched auto carriers so how this works out is TBD.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Honestly I need to refresh myself on the policy. I recently switch my home and auto over to All State which is saving me a not insignificant amount of money annually but the agent suggested I leave the cruiser with State Farm because of the way their coverage works. All State would provide a market value for replacement which would lead to a huge headache. I remember providing State Farm with a replacement value number when I got the policy. It is a full coverage policy and not a classic or antique vehicle policy since those have mileage and usage restrictions.
Guitarsoup
AG
Hagerty was really expensive for a truck I barely drive. I put it on my Progressive with the other cars.

I use Lemonade for my HO insurance and they added car insurance, but wouldn't cover 2/3 of my cars.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Interesting. I just moved my policy from State Farm because they told me they would only insure my LC for a KBB value (which is incredibly low), and not the value I was requesting. I'm with Progressive at the moment, but I'm still shopping for the right policy. Texas Farm Bureau wouldn't even place a policy on it at all.
reddog90
AG
I had our DDs and the 60 with Texas Farm Bureau as well and they would only do liability on the 60. I moved all the vehicles to SafeCo earlier this month. I got full coverage on the 60 with an agreed value (not stated or actual cash value) and it was still a net savings over my TXFB premium. If I actually hit 5k mi on the 60 and they actually start tracking that I'll figure something else out.
Aggietaco
AG
FYI, Safeco does ask me to confirm my mileage every year on my truck's limited mileage policy.
drmwvr
AG
200k on the 200! Just hitting her stride.
Guitarsoup
AG
Another weekend making memories in the book.

aggiedata
AG
Jrod05
AG
I know everyone in this thread knows this about CP90 here but damn the dude is a genuine as they come. If he ever offers help he means it. Appreciate your help again CP

I'll post some pics of the 8274 rebuild when all done
Naveronski
AG
Anyone headed to Mega Run this weekend?
Centerpole90
AG
I'm glad I was able to help! and alway enjoy catching up. I can't wait to see the finished winch pics - like I said maybe someday I'll undertake rebuilding mine.

Also as a reminder on the thread - I'll post this again every few weeks as we go along - You guys try to make plans for a meetup in May. It would be real cool to see the parking lot behind the Dixie Chicken full of Land Cruisers after the game...

Guitarsoup
AG
I'll be close by, but that's my son's camping weekend at Lake Somerville
Naveronski
AG
Darn, that's also Lone Star Toyota Jamboree @ BMRA. It's the biggest Toyota event in this part of the US.
ILikeTacos
AG
Naveronski said:

Darn, that's also Lone Star Toyota Jamboree @ BMRA. It's the biggest Toyota event in this part of the US.

Spoken like a true TTR member.
Naveronski
AG
ILikeTacos said:

Naveronski said:

Spoken like a true TTR member.
Yep, you got me.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Centerpole90 said:

I'm glad I was able to help! and alway enjoy catching up. I can't wait to see the finished winch pics - like I said maybe someday I'll undertake rebuilding mine.

Also as a reminder on the thread - I'll post this again every few weeks as we go along - You guys try to make plans for a meetup in May. It would be real cool to see the parking lot behind the Dixie Chicken full of Land Cruisers after the game...

Is that lot dirt again?
Centerpole90
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

Is that lot dirt again?
Negative Ghost Rider. Unless we are talking about different lots. I'm talking about directly behind the Chicken where it's pay/parking. Are you old enough to remember mud lot?

And as far as the date - if ya'll have a better one, make it happen. I just want to get together. I only checked it against A&M related dates; staying away from graduations, ring days, and family weekend to cut down on the craziness Aggieland becomes on busy weekends.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Centerpole90 said:

I'm in. I bought the wife a new car (Expedition) last week that won't easily fit in our little garage, so now I can get my 100 back down here from my parents' place.
Shane431
AG
I'm assuming LX's count for the meet up On May 6?
Centerpole90
AG
As far as I'm concerned, Ford trucks count if you post on this thread and want to hang out! Of course LX count!
Centerpole90
AG
Hey, so kinda good news? maybe.... If Aggie baseball doesn't get it together soon we can get block tickets at the Circle K down the street and sit in our own section together. Dang. This season is NOT starting off like anticipated.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Every time I look a this thread I end up on Craigslist looking at 200 Series.

In regards to Aggie baseball, Schlossnagle needs to quit blaming everyone else for the poor performance on the field. Until he does that the ride will be on the downhill slope.
tlepoC
AG
Wrong thread
Centerpole90
AG
Question for the 2F guys... what muffler are y'all using?

My truck has a Cherry Bomb brand muffler that came with it. It's not a glass pack or flow master style, it's just a regular ol' muffler. I never really thought much about it until I had the engine out and changed manifolds, but now I don't like the sound of it. I notice it when accelerating on the highway it makes a farty sound... like the tailpipe is undersized, which might actually be the case. I don't want it to sound aggressive, but I don't want it to sound wimpy either.

I need to do some measuring and deeper dive on mud... but I'm open to suggestions.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I do not believe the lot was paved when I started school. I didn't get to spend much time there so I might be confusing things 25 years later.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Mine is something rusty and Colombian. I haven't looked into what options are out there to have an opinion.
texrover91
AG
What's a triple locked '96 100 80 series with 150k worth

Paint is good but a few rough spots, some rust underneath but not terrible. AC is cold and electrical looks good (signals/indicators). OD and ECT work. T-case shifter heavy. Interior is stellar for its age but front seat motors need help and seats were recovered in PU.

Pretty bone stock and good mechanically but it was used on a ranch to carry hunters around in OKLA

Lockers check out but did notice a clunk on rough pavement at speed under the tunnel

texrover91
AG
One item - driver side passenger rocker has rust creeping in and the rear door bottoms need to be addressed
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
I bought my triple locked '90 back around October, and paid $8050 for it. It had 147K miles on it. FWIW, it's RHD and the color of a banana, so go ahead and factor that in.
ILikeTacos
AG
96 is an 80 series is it not?
texrover91
AG
Oops - I have a LX470 so must have been on my mind lol
texrover91
AG
That's a good deal (I think - yellow leaves room for improvement)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.