Landcruisers

522,453 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by AgCMT
Centerpole90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Between this thread and watching season 3 of Narcos- I spent last night pricing Vintage Air units for the C-10 AND FJ40.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Narcos sports the vintage Toyota's alot.
Great show.
reddog90
AG
Why is that?
reddog90
AG
I owe you a call...
Centerpole90
AG
No worries mate. I just know that you are having the EXACT same hunger pangs I had about 3 years ago. I just just wanted to share some of what I'd learned in my journey.
Centerpole90
AG
I vote we put whoever does Narcos in charge of every television program made henceforth. That series ranks number freakin' one in my book.
Corps_Ag12
AG
mrmill3218 said:

Here's my 80 for sale.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/toyota-land-cruiser-1996-fzj80/6306943208.html

Based on what i read on MUD, you either have wiring issues with the injector harness, need new a new injector(s), or a new computer.
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

mrmill3218 said:

Here's my 80 for sale.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/toyota-land-cruiser-1996-fzj80/6306943208.html

Based on what i read on MUD, you either have wiring issues with the injector harness, need new a new injector(s), or a new computer.

Undiagnosed misfire with all new cooling system. Sounds more expensive than wiring.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Yea, been there done that with a Jeep. Never again.
Street Fighter
AG
reddog90 said:

Why is that?

You dont want to deal with someone elses screw ups.
mrmill3218
AG
The mechanic checked it out briefly and said it was the wiring. I have my doubts about that, however.
Corps_Ag12
AG
mrmill3218 said:

The mechanic checked it out briefly and said it was the wiring. I have my doubts about that, however.

He may be onto something, actually. If you feel like messing with it this weekend, check the wiring for the harness behind the glove box & make sure everything is nice & tidy and well insulated back there.
BigPuma
AG
what motor you got in it?
mrmill3218
AG
I know how to do absolutely nothing on these vehicles.
AG
Well theres only one way to learn, and a half torn apart land cruiser will probably fetch the same amount as it would right now.

Is it losing coolant? Smoking or steaming out the exhaust? Does the oil look like gravy? Do you know how to replace spark plugs? If so, look for one thats cleaner or dirtier than the other 6.

mrmill3218
AG
robertf03 said:

Well theres only one way to learn, and a half torn apart land cruiser will probably fetch the same amount as it would right now.

Is it losing coolant? Smoking or steaming out the exhaust? Does the oil look like gravy? Do you know how to replace spark plugs? If so, look for one thats cleaner or dirtier than the other 6.

Not losing coolant, not smoking or steaming, oil does not look like gravy. I do know how to replace spark plugs.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Pop the top on the computer, Make sure it's not fried up inside.
Streetfighter 02
AG

It hauls bikes ok.
reddog90
AG
Is that lake bryan? And is that a 43?
Centerpole90
AG
Very nice. Your patience paid off - we should get together for a drive. /greensthebest
ILikeTacos
AG

Looks great!
Streetfighter 02
AG
@reddog90 It's Gateway Park in Fort Worth where you can ride a mountain bike and proposition a male prostitute for favors afterward. It's a 43.

@Centerpole90 - Anytime. I may drive it to a game after it cools off. It will be a slow ride with lots of fuel stops.
reddog90
AG
Where'd you find that gem? Did you buy it restored or do the work?
Complete Idiot
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Complete Idiot said:

I have a built 80 with lockers but yet recently find myself obsessed with getting a 2006/2007 UJ100.

Look, I really need your help. Can you jot down some 80 pros, or 100 cons, to keep me from being a complete idiot?
texrover91
AG
That's a sweet rig SF02!

Anyone have a line on a fiberglass top for a 40? I'm in need of a replacement
reddog90
AG
I like a nicely restored 40. But after reading through the pikachu, project patina, and MS delta beast build threads on mud, I have a new appreciation for a mechanically sound rough cruiser. I showed the wife pics and she shut down the idea of joy riding in a rusty car.
Centerpole90
AG
Show her this. If she doesn't see the beauty in it... you may be in trouble.

https://instagr.am/p/BKwOg8FAP_l
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Complete Idiot said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Complete Idiot said:

I have a built 80 with lockers but yet recently find myself obsessed with getting a 2006/2007 UJ100.

Look, I really need your help. Can you jot down some 80 pros, or 100 cons, to keep me from being a complete idiot?
LOL Do you need some counseling?

You got my email?
aggiepaintrain
AG
1997 was the last year of the world market land cruiser meaning the same vehicle is made for Africa that's made for USA market.

that should do it
The Wonderer
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Complete Idiot said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Complete Idiot said:

LOL Do you need some counseling?

You got my email?

Prepare your checkbook
Streetfighter 02
AG
I bought it this way. It's been painted maybe once. No rot. It's a Colombian truck I got via Dallas. The odometer reads 77,000 ish kilometers. Even if that's 177,000 km it's not that many miles on it. I'm working on a no top solution right now. I bought some barn doors for it that are supposed to bolt straight on but they may not. I haven't had time to open the box yet.
RVAg02
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

https://imgur.com/a/KQQb8

08 Amazon on 285 KO2's with illegal tint
plan is to sell this and buy or build the baddest 80 you have ever seen.
to be continued.........

285/60 or 65?

Lift or stock?

I have a '13 200 and about to buy new rubber. Thinking about going 275/70 KO2 or Revo 2
aggiepaintrain
AG
285 65 18
after much thought decided I didn't want to sacrifice width even if was just half an inch.

no lift
RVAg02
AG
The downside is it's pricey.

Any rubbing?
aggiepaintrain
AG
no rubbing
you can't take it with you
I thought the 70's are too tall imho
KO2s are awesome tires

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.