Landcruisers

522,659 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by AgCMT
Woods Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heck - This one is right down the road from most of you.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-toyota-land-cruiser-fj80-47/

Triple Locked - 80k Miles - Turbodiesel - LHD import - CLOTH SEATS!!!

One of you probably bidding on this thing right now with fingers crossed no one else on the board sees it!
'03ag
Centerpole90
aggiepaintrain
AG
should not have shown me that
Woods Ag
AG
It's the holy freaking grail of Landcruisers. If I didn't just buy one and dump a bunch of money into it I would be bidding this thing hard.

Would be hard to keep it stock and just garage it but imagine what that is worth in 10-20 years if you just let it be and maintained it.... edit: changed my mind. This baby needs to be let free on some backwoods roads and enjoyed.
Corps_Ag12
AG
No way it goes that cheap. They'll pull it since it's not no reserve.
Woods Ag
AG
The serious bidders won't start until there's an hour to go. Should be a fun one to watch finish.
reddog90
AG
TxAg20 said:

I have a maroon FZJ to HDJ swap (1HD-FTE) done by Ian and an emerald FZJ (staying restomod that has been at Ian's shop for 18 months (nearly done).

It's going to be much cheaper to find a nice HDJ than have a swap done by Ian. This one sold on BaT for a fraction of what the previous owner spent on the HDJ swap in the truck I own.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-toyota-land-cruiser-177/

Ian told me the wire harness work (outsourced to an expert in Australia) was about $25K on the FTE swap.

Great intel, thank you. FTE is big money.
Woods Ag
AG

Lift, Wheels, Tires done. I'll throw the bumper on tomorrow and then I'm taking it to toyota on Monday to troubleshoot the elockers and an oil leak.
Centerpole90
AG
Much like!!!
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Sold for $31.5k. I expected that to go a little higher.
Woods Ag
AG
I did too.. there's one with similar miles, stock, not triple locked near me that went for $65k. Market has really come down I guess.

Hey, is that LC meetup still open to sign up? I may try to talk wife into going down to enjoy a baseball game.
Centerpole90
AG
There is no sign-up. It's just an informal meet up and we look forward to seeing you.
Aggietaco
AG
Maybe I'll be in the cool kid crew by then, going to look at an LX and LC tomorrow for Mrs. AT to see if they're big enough for our needs. She still really wants a GX, but I don't think it's going to work.
Centerpole90
AG
Since it's been brought up...

Here is the on-screen-graphic again. This is just a casual thread meetup. Reddog90 and I have threatened for a few years to do something like this and now that he's on LCs 2 & 3, I finally got my 1 back together, several folks seemed interested, and there was a buzz around Aggie Baseball - it seemed like a good year to try to do it. Everyone is welcome to join, there are no big plans in the works other than hanging out.

Woods Ag
AG
That's perfect.. wife and I are big Astros fans. I haven't taken her to an Aggie baseball game yet, so she'll love that. We go to Springfield triple A games here to get our fix so Aggieland will be a huge step up!

We're probably 80% in tonight. If I'm coming down family demands visits so I need to workout logistics but I'm looking forward to meeting all of y'all.
FamousAgg
I added some Bison Gear Molle panels and a shelf to the GX today. Need to figure out what all I'm going to mount to it. Shipped from Poland on Monday night and got here this afternoon. Well made product but shipping is high.

Guitarsoup
AG
That looks great, I've been wanting to do the same thing on my 100.
FamousAgg
https://bison-gear.com/en/23-land-cruiser-100

Shipping was way faster than i expected, assembly wasn't too bad, seems sturdy, no big obnoxious logo
drumboy
AG
Do any of yall w/ 200 series have some basic storage solutions? I know I know.....I should get something like that Bison Gear (which look badass) but what about a basic cover to hide my laptop bag in the back when I run into CostCo?

I love my new (to me) LX570 but missing the storage in my Tundra.
drmwvr
AG
This is what the back of my 200 looks like right now. Got no time for fancy storage stuff!
Guitarsoup
AG
UninformedInternetBlogger said:

https://bison-gear.com/en/23-land-cruiser-100

Shipping was way faster than i expected, assembly wasn't too bad, seems sturdy, no big obnoxious logo

Yeah, I've been looking at Bison specifically because the other options seem overpriced and Victory's logo is super annoying.

Did they send you a referral code or anything? I'll probably order this weekend
FamousAgg
Their website lets you sign up for marketing emails. You may get a discount through that but I didn't use any coses
txcincinnatus
AG
Canvasback has third row seat covers that you can option storage pockets for. May be an option for a little storage if your third row is always folded up
Aggietaco
AG
Am I crazy for being willing to pay more for an LC than similar vintage LX? Something about the LX doesn't do it for me like the LC does. Having the motorized 3rd row, motorized 2nd row, hydraulic suspension, and that joystick thing all seem like expensive liabilities to me.
'03ag
The LC is certainly better looking(to me at least) and has the name plate, but none of those are common failure points on a 200 LX. AHC is pretty robust and offers more out of the box capability.

Up to a certain point I'd also argue it's easier to lift/add capability. Aftermarket support is larger for the LC... kind of. A lot of stuff fits both, and they sold way more LXs so the aftermarket is growing.

But it's your money and you have to be happy with it.

Guitarsoup
AG
I just found the right deal on the right LC on MUD. I was looking at both.

It is nice to just say "I drive a 25yo Toyota, though.
RED AG 98
AG
Gorgeous old FJ out towards Dripping today. Looked to be in fantastic condition and was in a great color

MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Had a rear brake light bulb go out on my 80. Using it as an excuse to replace front and rear lights with either LED or HID. For those who have made the swap, what did you go with, why did you go with it, and are you happy with your decision?

EDIT: I should clarify that I'll be changing out the entire headlamp and tail lamp enclosures.
Woods Ag
AG
Got the LC back after the 4" lift and tires/wheels. It was making a grinding noise in the front and I noticed they didn't add the lower control arm drop brackets for the lift. So after church I decided I'd make the "quick" fix..........

as soon as I pulled the bolt I knew I ****ed up. whole car shifted. I continue on unfazed. I lowered the front axle to create some space for me to add the brackets - it preceded to move forward more... shocks, struts, all quite a bid sideways (OH ****). Front drive shaft almost all the way out (Oh *****)... The brackets - of course - really don't fit. I'm beating them into place to try to get the bolts in. Still have 1 bolt to go.

I'm in for a long day. I think I need to remove the front sway bar, the shocks and struts. try lowering the axle a little more. The panhard bar isn't adjustable on the car, so I am goign to have to remove it so I can realign the control arms to the new drop brackets. Put a strap on the axle an the frame and rachet the axle back underneath the car so I can bolt up the control arm and then never fuggin touch those control arms again.

If I can do all of that by 1pm then I can make my Toyota appointment where they're going to try fixing the E-Lockers but I am not hopeful.
Centerpole90
AG
Hey, at least you're getting an early start. Be careful when hurrying!!
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Control arms are a real PITA. I had to change the bushings out when I did my lift, and it took a 30-ton press to get the original ones out. And then getting the holes lined back up to put the bolts through…good times. At least the torque specs are less than what it was on my Jeep. Labor of love.
Woods Ag
AG
I was able to get it together this morning and it seems to be good. I just needed a night of obsessing about it and thinking it through. After I got that sway bar detached, it freed up the axle alot to be able to maneuver it into position with a rachet strap attached from the front axle to the hitch in the back and slowly ratchetting/guiding it into place.
Aggietaco
AG
Just thought I'd drop in to share an update on my auto search.

After looking at new Yukons, Expeditions, Explorers, Tellurides, Tahoes, Tundras, Sequoias, and GX460s, and used LC200s, GX460s, Sequoias, and LX570s...

Mrs. AT has narrowed down her choices to a 200 series, 2nd gen Sequoia, or LX570 in that order and told me to pull the trigger when I find the right deal.

I may be bad at a lot of things, but I feel like I'm doing something right here.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Yeah, I'm ready to sell my wife's expedition and get her a 200 series.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.