Landcruisers

515,840 Views | 3484 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Naveronski
Aggietaco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JB said:

Sup fellas

Just picked up a new ride. 01 LX470 with 185k. Will get some better pics when I get home.

What all do you have in the stable these days? Super duty, new old Bronco, TJ, this?
Complete Idiot
Land Cruiser Heaven - https://www.lch4x4.com/land-cruiser-heaven-100-series-leather-seat-covers/
JB
AG
Aggietaco said:

JB said:

Sup fellas

Just picked up a new ride. 01 LX470 with 185k. Will get some better pics when I get home.

What all do you have in the stable these days? Super duty, new old Bronco, TJ, this?

Lots of new projects In the works. Been traveling the country for 6 months in the 5th wheel buying up cheap stuff as I go. We got a a1960 FAN camper last week in Kerrville, a 97 K1500 Burb in San Antonio and picked up this Lex in Boerne on OfferUp a few days ago. Got the Bronco in Montana.

No TJs currently. But I have a super clean YJ going to BAT in the next month. Found a good little 07 popup camper in FW are going to update too
Aggietaco
AG
You got rid of Busas old rig?
JB
AG
I did. It went to another kid in TAMOR about 1.5 years ago and he has treated it well. He brought it to Clayton with all of us a few weeks back and is getting pretty good at driving it. That rig straight up works. In a group that liked to hammer down up obstacles, it would just crawl right up. Fun to watch and to be able to spot him knowing exactly what that Jeep was going to do.

Love that it has stayed in the club
reddog90
AG
I guess it's true? I still haven't seen something straight from Toyota.

https://instagr.am/p/CJXB6SMhG0U

The bits about why Toyota sells so few was interesting. I always assumed it was solely because most people don't want to drop $90k on something with Toyota badging.

https://instagr.am/p/CJXhvqtBKLX

ETA guess you have to open the posts to see the text.
Aggietaco
AG

Quote:

The King is Dead. The Land Cruiser is no more in America. 2021 is it's last year on sale. Why dead? At basically $90K, ToMoCo would rather you purchase a Lexus LX570 for a little bit more. Forget everything else you read. Toyota would rather sell 8,000 (or more) LXs than 4,000 Land Cruisers and 4,000 LX570s. Lexus needs the revenue on its books. The new global Land Cruiser will arrive in 2022 and we think the chassis will be called J300. The new LX570 will be on the J300 platform. Land Cruisers will soldier on everywhere else on earth. I'm sad about this decision. I love Land Cruisers. Here's me snow drifting the piss out one in Colorado back in 2016. I broke the story about Toyota North America pulling its oldest nameplate out of the U.S. back in 2019 and Toyota... I'll tell you the whole story in my memoirs. Anyhow, today they're admitting it. I hate saying I told a sew, but I effin' told a sew. #toyota #landcruiser #thekingisdead @toyotausa by @williamwalker
[url=https://www.instagram.com/williamwalker/][/url]

Quote:

One Land Cruiser clarification I'd like to make. The price has nothing to do with sales volume. Yes, the mostly hand-built U.S. spec Land Cruisers cost $86K. Or $88K with the single option (rear seat screens). Or, about $90K for the Heritage Edition pictured here. Toyota sold something like 3,900 LCs this year. However, almost every unit is sold before it gets to the dealer. The average time an LC spends on a dealer lot is a couple days. Other Toyotas are measured in months. There aren't more Land Cruisers to sell. Because of a variety of reasons, the factories lack the capacity to produce more. If 50,000 people suddenly wanted a new one, it wouldn't make any difference. The supply is capped and the two factories can't be expanded. That's why Toyota hasn't spent a dime on marketing the Land Cruiser in the U.S. in decadeswhy would they? There literally aren't more to sell. As for the price, sure that's not cheap. But as a friend at Porsche told me when I mentioned to him that the 911 Turbo S's base price of $205K seems a bit highthe average yearly income of a Porsche owner in the U.S. is $600K. Average. 911 owners? More than $700K per year. Per year. So, to the 4,000 people buying Land Cruisers, the price isn't a big deal. RIP #toyota #landcruiser #thekingisdead @toyotausa

Aggietaco
AG
The only real downside to the LX, IMO, is the Lexus front clip and badging.
JB
AG
remko12 said:

LC in AZ for mule deer hunt for a week... rough country but the cruiser has done great minus the 1,000 new pin stripes. Loading up and heading back to Texas on Thursday. Anyone know a good detailer in the Houston area?

These are the wheels I think I want to replace the flaky chrome clad wheels on the 01 LX. Is iH8Mud the best place to find these?
remko12
AG
JB said:

These are the wheels I think I want to replace the flaky chrome clad wheels on the 01 LX. Is iH8Mud the best place to find these?
Oddly enough I found a set on CL today with some KO's.

https://houston.craigslist.org/wto/d/cypress-bfg-ko2-toyota-wheels/7227618085.html

JB
AG
remko12 said:

JB said:

remko12 said:

LC in AZ for mule deer hunt for a week... rough country but the cruiser has done great minus the 1,000 new pin stripes. Loading up and heading back to Texas on Thursday. Anyone know a good detailer in the Houston area?

Oddly enough I found a set on CL today with some KO's.

https://houston.craigslist.org/wto/d/cypress-bfg-ko2-toyota-wheels/7227618085.html

Ha. I've emailed him a few times since Saturday with no response
aggiepaintrain
AG
I've got a set a 18" Land Cruiser wheels and Bridgestone tires that fit 98-07
Tires are 75%
$850 for all

$600 for rims
FJB
JB
AG
That another question. Can I find Lexus center caps to go I the LC rims?

Text me a pic

got it thanks
Dumpster Fire
What size and kind of tires? Can you send pics?

bobcatag06 at gmail
JB
AG
Remko,

What tire size are you running?
remko12
AG
JB said:

Remko,

What tire size are you running?

BFG KO2's 285 65 18
Complete Idiot
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/834924127/overview/

Here we have a 14 year old car with 305,000 miles on the odometer for sale for $20,000.
MR Gadsden
and no pictures.
Complete Idiot
Richline said:

and no pictures.
None needed. "I know what I got".
Centerpole90
reddog90
AG

https://www.hagerty.com/media/valuation/toyota-land-cruiser-wagons-do-nothing-but-go-up-in-value/
JB
AG
Anyone know if these Lexus caps will fit the rims APT posted above?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-center-caps-hubcaps-wheel-LX470-2003-2004-2005-74163-SET-OF-4/402221397883?fits=Model%3ALX470&hash=item5da643777b:gDYAAOSwbAhehBLX
SpiderD02
AG
What a great thread. I found a 2013 that looks to be in good condition, higher mileage, but mechanically sound. However the cd/dvd player is broken. Looking around online it looks like this part is at least $5000 from ebay or higher from parts house. Does anyone know of a different source for parts? I am in Austin if it makes any difference.
Complete Idiot
SpiderD02 said:

What a great thread. I found a 2013 that looks to be in good condition, higher mileage, but mechanically sound. However the cd/dvd player is broken. Looking around online it looks like this part is at least $5000 from ebay or higher from parts house. Does anyone know of a different source for parts? I am in Austin if it makes any difference.
2013 is a nice year due to the updates rolled out in that model. I only use Bluetooth and wouldn't spend a single cent getting CD/DVD working, but that's just my opinion.
drmwvr
AG
SpiderD02 said:

Curious on why you would even need it? I have a '10 and have not used my CD player in probably 5 years (no DVD) and have good functionality utilizing either the USB or BT connection. Obvious answer is to play CD or DVDs but that would not be a big deal to me and I would use that fault as a negotiating point to get the sales price reduced. Are there any other vehicle functions impacted by the CD/DVR being broken? I wouldn't think so.

Good luck with your purchase! I would have it checked out by a knowledgeable shop before you purchase. I have a good contact in Houston and Dallas if that helps.

RVAg02
AG
SpiderD02 said:

I have a 2013 and it is great. Nice updates from the prior year.

I have not used the CD player once.

My DVD player "works" and it's a huge pain. Just gave the kid an iPad instead.

Don't spend a cent on it.
aggiepaintrain
AG
use the repair as negotiation tool, does radio and bluetooth work? If so who cares about the DVD and CD player, get a ipad and use hot spot for the kids. They want the internet more than just a movie.
SpiderD02
AG
Thanks for the quick replies. Don't care about the cd but it does have the rear entertainment system and this is where the dvd goes. Have four kids and they use the dvd all the time in our MINIVAN, which we are keeping as the primary kid hauler. I wanted to use LC for Colorado ski trips so having the movies is important for my sanity. But can aftermarket for way less than $5k? I did have a PPI by a service here in Austin. Anything else to be warry of? It has 185K so I would think that is just a lot of highway miles, underside didn't look abused at all.
Complete Idiot
SpiderD02 said:

Thanks for the quick replies. Don't care about the cd but it does have the rear entertainment system and this is where the dvd goes. Have four kids and they use the dvd all the time in our MINIVAN, which we are keeping as the primary kid hauler. I wanted to use LC for Colorado ski trips so having the movies is important for my sanity. But can aftermarket for way less than $5k? I did have a PPI by a service here in Austin. Anything else to be warry of? It has 185K so I would think that is just a lot of highway miles, underside didn't look abused at all.
Let's cut to the chase: PICS
SpiderD02
AG
Will do if I get it. Trying to figure out if this is deal breaker or not.
link
drmwvr
AG
SpiderD02 said:

link
Couple of quick observations:

No roof rack
No running boards
Trailer hitch cover is missing. Used for towing?
Rear emblem (only) is blacked out.
Those wheels look really nice for the age and have the OEM tires. Check the date on them...was this 200 built and then retrofitted back?

I'd personally never buy black but that's my sole opinion. That paint looks rough on the hood so you should see how swirly it is in person if you haven't already.
Complete Idiot
SpiderD02 said:

link
Decent price, looks clean, Texas owned only, dealership servicing - that all looks good. I prefer one owner but that's nitpicking. Miles on odometer wouldn't concern me too much, you can go to 300K fairly easily. I like the black on black but prefer a silver exterior and black interior (I was shopping 200's a lot a few months ago).

You can get aftermarket solutions for the kids for much cheaper than $5K. Maybe on the IH8MUD website there is some common fix of the CD/DVD issue as well (seems doubtful, but worth a search).
SpiderD02
AG
Thanks guys.

What you you mean by retrofitted back?

I would prefer white but limited selection and all that. I have been pouring over IH8MUD but nothing yet. Figured I would put something better than stock running boards and roof racks are somewhat easy to come by?
The guy that did the inspection said that Toyota put a clear bra on the hoods as a standard and that this was the original hood. I think most of that rough paint is because of the this.
drmwvr
AG
SpiderD02 said:

Thanks guys.

What you you mean by retrofitted back?

I would prefer white but limited selection and all that. I have been pouring over IH8MUD but nothing yet. Figured I would put something better than stock running boards and roof racks are somewhat easy to come by?
The guy that did the inspection said that Toyota put a clear bra on the hoods as a standard and that this was the original hood. I think most of that rough paint is because of the this.

Meaning the PO put a lift kit on it (and new wheels and tires) while keeping the original parts and then put them back on it when it was returned or traded in.

It's just odd that both the running boards and roof rack are missing. Do you have any undercarriage photos? should be able to tell if the springs look new (suspension work), if it had rock sliders or if it was wheeled hard. I'd also focus on how the roof rack connection points are sealed as that was done after the fact as all US 200 came with roof racks (I believe).

BTW, they show the roof racks and running boards as "present/checked" on the vehicle description. I'd ask for a few dollars off for that.

aggiepaintrain
AG
create account here

https://www.toyota.com/owners/

add VIN#

click on service history, and you can see how it was equipped from the factory

you can see detailed service records

you will need a roof rack in Colorado

Tires are expensive

check radiator for cracks on top

I prefer the 100 series all day to those 200's

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.