Landcruisers

507,388 Views | 3457 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by reddog90
reddog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who wants a diesel 80

https://instagr.am/p/CnPzA-stDnv
TxAg20
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

If you want four you have to get the super duty double or whatever it is. It's built for two as the base setting. I've never had more than two so I can't speak to how four would perform. Not many tray racks can be rock solid with that type of moment so far from the receiver. The upright ones move just as much, though.

I have the super duty double with 2 add-ons.The 1up is awesome for 1 or 2 bikes. 3 or more bikes, a vertical probably works better. With 4 bikes it's a noodle, sticks out too far rearward, and takes lots of little adjustments to get the all saddles and handlebars/brake levers from rubbing each other.

The most popular vertical rack in Park City is Velocirax. I was planning on buying one of those, but it's quite a bit heavier than the Recon rack from 1up. I borrowed a friend's Yakima vertical rack last summer to haul 6 bikes and wasn't impressed with it. Anyone tried the Velocirax and Recon? Wasn't Recon another rack company that 1up acquired?
drumboy
AG
Y'all wanna sell one of those 1ups?
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
reddog90
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnNN-PwjB7n/
Streetfighter 02
AG
That defender going endo was wild.
reddog90
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CnAOAcOjLoA

#ahmedtuned
Streetfighter 02
AG
I do think 1up made the acquisition but can't find anything on the web. As far as flex is concerned I think you're trading the direction based upon the rack style. Tray systems will have a lot of up and down flex. The upright systems are going to get more side to side because of the pivot point of the moment. I don't know that I'd feel better one way or the other. The upright racks are supposed to provide a better departure angle offroad.
texrover91
AG
What did they do, a 2-stroke swap?
drumboy
AG
Trying to get used to not having a truck, how much firewood can I stack on here with a couple tie downs?
AggieGunslinger
AG
not as much as you want, best option is to find a small utility trailer. You can easily move a 5x10 around the yard by hand. Also, since everyone on this thread is a TexAgs monied up baller, Yakima makes a large buggy that is made to slip into the receiver hitch, one of the families on our baseball team has one and it is pretty cool. This, and towing, is the reason I can't ever give up a truck.
drumboy
AG
I know....I like to buy a lot at the start of the year and got a watermelon pallet full from Diorio Farmers Market in Brenham on the way to CS for a game last year. Lot tougher now but I can just get 20 or so sticks at a time now. Or borrow a friend's truck.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Guess I'll copy this and post it on Best License Plates I've ever seen thread.
BoerneGator
AG
drumboy said:

Trying to get used to not having a truck, how much firewood can I stack on here with a couple tie downs?

About two nights worth. Trailer is definitely your best option.
reddog90
AG
Maybe if you bought the $1000 pakmule you could fit more
Streetfighter 02
AG
You can fit three yetis on the pakmule.
Centerpole90
AG
I can't fit three yetis in an FJ40 .
MR Gadsden
I can't afford three yetis, I have an FJ55.
drumboy
AG
This rack is very sturdy. My dad, a welder that has always favored function over form, made it for me around 2001 when we needed to pile 6 in a Durango for a college ski trip.

Hitch haulers were a lot more expensive then as you couldn't get one for $30 from Harbor Freight or WalMart.
Guitarsoup
AG
Any of yall taken your LCs on the primitive roadside camping in Big Bend? Thinking about taking my 8yo and LC100 there for a few days this year.
tlepoC
AG
Haven't ever taken LC but have a 4runner and Xterra. One of my favorite camping trips ever and I've done a lot. You won't regret if you like stars, seclusion, and amazing vistas.
Guitarsoup
AG
Thanks, I'm excited to do this so hope the boy doesn't mind driving all day to get there

Do you have a recommended camp site? I was looking around on recreation. Gov
tlepoC
AG
I did a lot of research and don't think I got any of my preferred sites. Last time was when you had to be in person only to get primitive sites booked.

I think Roy's peak was my favorite due to the extreme feeling of being in BFE without another soul for miles. Nothing special other than that and the views.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Any of yall taken your LCs on the primitive roadside camping in Big Bend? Thinking about taking my 8yo and LC100 there for a few days this year.
I've driven the entire river road in my 1997 F350 and camped at several of the primitive sites. I haven't taken the cruiser, yet.
Yesterday
AG
Took this picture the other day. Sorry about the quality as I was driving and eating a Turkey leg. This was in Fort Worth.
Centerpole90
AG
Are y'all buddies or was this a legit random TexAgs meatup?
cruiserag2020
I'm taking mine to Ernst Tinaja in a few weeks with the kids. I'll report here when we return
Streetfighter 02
AG
That's me! I was reupping my coffee at Rodak's on Pafford.
MR Gadsden
I'm kind of getting excited for the LC/Baseball meetup weekend. My oldest wants to rent and RV and stay next to Olsen. I told her I'd see what I could work out.
cruiserag2020
I haven't heard of this. What are the details?
MR Gadsden
I believe that we have settled on the weekend of the Florida series for this group to get together. I think centerpole is working out the details.

That's a Friday - Sunday series starting May 5th
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
I believe it's being referred to as "Cinco de Toyo."

It's me. I'm calling it that.
Yesterday
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

That's me! I was reupping my coffee at Rodak's on Pafford.

Ha! Had no idea. I own the pawnshop on McCart. Glad I didn't comment on your sweet handlebar mustache
Streetfighter 02
AG
I've transferred quite a few firearms through your shop.
Yesterday
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

I've transferred quite a few firearms through your shop.

Nice! Let me know beforehand and it's free! Sweet ride!
MR Gadsden
Another successful Texags hookup

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.