Landcruisers

507,237 Views | 3457 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by reddog90
Centerpole90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Centerpole90
AG
It always bites me in the ass when I try to plan things in spring because work always seems to mess up my plans. However, we've talked about doing this so long I want to see it finally happen.

Therefore, if it's meets the groups desire - let's try to have a get together that weekend for the Florida game series. The Olsen field parking is limited to season ticket holders but Reed is a pay lot for games and certainly big enough to let us all congregate. Those who want to go to the game are a few yards away, and those who don't have plenty room to hang out.

I have a tailgate kit there in CS; it if all works out I'd be happy to throw up a tent and some chairs - weather and time permitting.

ETA: Reed parking, $5. https://transport.tamu.edu/parkingmap//tsmap.htm?map=bsb
Streetfighter 02
AG
Yesterday said:

Streetfighter 02 said:

I've transferred quite a few firearms through your shop.

Nice! Let me know beforehand and it's free! Sweet ride!

Will do! Thanks!
Streetfighter 02
AG
Centerpole90 said:

I'm road worthy enough to get down there and back!
reddog90
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Any of yall taken your LCs on the primitive roadside camping in Big Bend? Thinking about taking my 8yo and LC100 there for a few days this year.
I'm headed there in a couple weeks for a few nights at primitive roadside sites. Maybe half of them can be reserved online like 6 months in advance but the rest can only be reserved in person up to 24 hours before the start of your reservation. I don't pay for TA so PM me on facebook or get my number from CP and I'll pass along some good sites.
reddog90
AG
Got my case back together!

Streetfighter 02
AG
I just booked a hotel room on campus.
MTTANK
AG
Any notable wear?
GIG 'EM
Centerpole90
AG
Awesome. We'll be hauling in on Friday. I don't want to over-promise because so much depends on weather and work and stuff; but I told reddog that if my plan works out I'll go get the Bus that morning and we can have a pretty cool setup/tailgate. I didn't haul it home yet for a reason!
Dill-Ag13
AG
Do you need a land cruiser to come?
Centerpole90
AG
Of course not!
AggieGunslinger
AG
Anyone on here installed a ProSpeed Rack? Looking to update the rack on the LX470 and really liked how theirs looks.

Link
cruiserag2020
Wonder if they'll let me camp in the parking lot with my rtt
Centerpole90
AG
Why parking lot? We have a new spacious campground on campus.

texrover91
AG
Ever pulled a 30' bumper pull with an LC?

Someone hold my beer….
reddog90
AG
MTTANK said:

Any notable wear?
None that I saw and I didn't even bother swapping in a long spline input gear. The truck only has 129k on it. The tcase was leaking slightly from both output seals before my trip to Colorado last summer. I swapped those seals and then it started leaking badly at the case half during the trip. The truck has been down since August because the clutch started slipping a couple weeks after I got back. Clutch job meant trans and tcase needed to come out. Tcase needed rebuilt anyways so I thought about maybe buying a 5 speed. But it sat for months and I never had the extra $3k for the trans and I was tired of not enjoying it so here we are. I can cruise ~72-74 easily around here with 3.73s, true 33s and H42 so it's not all that bad on the highway and it's a pleasure to drive around town. I think a diesel swap is in the future for this truck and engine choice will determine trans input shaft which was another reason I was a little hesitant to buy a H55f right now.
reddog90
AG
AggieGunslinger said:

Anyone on here installed a ProSpeed Rack? Looking to update the rack on the LX470 and really liked how theirs looks.

Link
No but reminds me of Prinsu and Bowfin. I saw lots of Bowfin racks at SAS and they are fantastic. The owner is a cruiserhead on mud and supports that event as well.
Centerpole90
AG
reddog90 said:

... I thought about maybe buying a 5 speed. But it sat for months and I never had the extra $3k for the trans and I was hounded and shamed by CP90 who thankfully pushed me to do something because that's the kind of friend he is, plus he was tired of me not enjoying it, and after helping sort through eleventy billion possible scenarios he and another friend water boarded me demanding power moves, so here we are. I can cruise.....

fify.
AggieGunslinger
AG
Thanks for the info, I first saw them on Mud so I figured they were legit if they were still active on the site.

I would love to make the meetup but travel baseball calls and we are in the Metromess that week.
Streetfighter 02
AG
This setup can be replicated if you don't want to wrangle with the bus.
AggieGunslinger
AG
Is it okay to mix drinks without an apron? just checking for those of us new the the LC world.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Only if you're in a quarter-zip. Otherwise it's the apron.
MTTANK
AG
AggieGunslinger said:

Is it okay to mix drinks without an apron? just checking for those of us new the the LC world.
Apron-less if you forgot your rape whistle.
GIG 'EM
MTTANK
AG
reddog90 said:

MTTANK said:

Any notable wear?
None that I saw and I didn't even bother swapping in a long spline input gear. The truck only has 129k on it. The tcase was leaking slightly from both output seals before my trip to Colorado last summer. I swapped those seals and then it started leaking badly at the case half during the trip. The truck has been down since August because the clutch started slipping a couple weeks after I got back. Clutch job meant trans and tcase needed to come out. Tcase needed rebuilt anyways so I thought about maybe buying a 5 speed. But it sat for months and I never had the extra $3k for the trans and I was tired of not enjoying it so here we are. I can cruise ~72-74 easily around here with 3.73s, true 33s and H42 so it's not all that bad on the highway and it's a pleasure to drive around town. I think a diesel swap is in the future for this truck and engine choice will determine trans input shaft which was another reason I was a little hesitant to buy a H55f right now.
Really nice of that clutch to wait until you were to back to throw in the towel!
GIG 'EM
texrover91
AG
I think you just need to wear something that says "ProFlex" (?)

(I'm still learning myself)
reddog90
AG
Tell me about it. I was very thankful.
reddog90
AG
Back on the road. Dropped the trans and case on Dec 17 and drove it to work today. This job would have taken a good shop maybe two days of labor. But I'm happy with this considering how little free time I have these days.

cruiserag2020
Centerpole90 said:

Why parking lot? We have a new spacious campground on campus.

Looks like a solid water crossing opportunity!
Streetfighter 02
AG
Anyone with an older truck have a battery preference? I think my battery is going and I'll be in the market soon. Currently have a red top optima but considering the cost and reviews I'll probably steer clear.
Complete Idiot
I love X2 Power batteries but also stupidly expensive
reddog90
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

Anyone with an older truck have a battery preference? I think my battery is going and I'll be in the market soon. Currently have a red top optima but considering the cost and reviews I'll probably steer clear.
I am leaning towards a yellow top next time I buy a battery for my 60. Odyssey makes great batteries too.
TxAg20
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

Mud seems to like Odyssey batteries. I have 2 in my diesel 80, but they're not old enough to give a solid review.

I have an Optima blue top in my 200 and won't be buying another one. It's 2 or 3 years old and week enough that it needs the occasional jump start after sitting several weeks, but not weak enough to warrant a replacement yet. With the little I know now, I'll probably replace it with an Odyssey when the time comes.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I would really prefer something with posts on the top and sides so I can run the winch to the side terminals. That will wind up narrowing my choices quite a bit.
Naveronski
AG
reddog90 said:

Streetfighter 02 said:

I am leaning towards a yellow top next time I buy a battery for my 60. Odyssey makes great batteries too.
I have a yellow top and like it.

Hard to be a battery "fan", but it does what a battery should - even with a winch, fridge, and all that junk - plus it's a daily driver.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
So yeah…it was time for a new suspension.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.