Landcruisers

522,381 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by AgCMT
reddog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jefe95 said:

Texags really knows stuff. This thread is amazing. Been trying to decide on a toy to buy myself. An LC has my attention.

What's the scouting report on the JDM Diesels?

For example.

https://www.japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1992-land-cruiser-4-2td/

Come join the cult. Depends on the importer and your appetite for RHD. They can be cool though.
Guitarsoup
AG
reddog90 said:

Guitarsoup said:

His first time to camp two nights in a row. Last night's thunder storm was pretty cool on the tent.

Where'd y'all go?
Just Lake Houston Wilderness Park. It was his scout pack's fall camping trip.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
reddog90 said:

jefe95 said:

Texags really knows stuff. This thread is amazing. Been trying to decide on a toy to buy myself. An LC has my attention.

For example.

Come join the cult. Depends on the importer and your appetite for RHD. They can be cool though.

After having mine for a few weeks, RHD takes like 5 minutes to get used to. It's not a big deal at all. Mine has the straight 6 though, and I've already been doing engine swap research and shopping for more power.
Aggietaco
AG
Dont know if you noticed, but there's a child standing on your hood.
reddog90
AG
Guitarsoup said:

reddog90 said:

Guitarsoup said:

His first time to camp two nights in a row. Last night's thunder storm was pretty cool on the tent.

Where'd y'all go?
I'm looking forward to this with my boys. Does he sleep in the RTT with you on these trips or does he have to pitch a ground tent with the other kids?
reddog90
AG
vmiaptetr said:

reddog90 said:

jefe95 said:

For example.

After having mine for a few weeks, RHD takes like 5 minutes to get used to. It's not a big deal at all. Mine has the straight 6 though, and I've already been doing engine swap research and shopping for more power.
The 1HD-T will be worlds different than the 3FE. Importers of LHD rest of the world trucks tout their superiority. Everyone that actually owns a RHD trucks says the same thing as you though.
Guitarsoup
AG
reddog90 said:

Guitarsoup said:

reddog90 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Where'd y'all go?
I'm looking forward to this with my boys. Does he sleep in the RTT with you on these trips or does he have to pitch a ground tent with the other kids?
He sleeps in the RTT with me. We have a regular tent, but the RTT is easier/more comfortable.

At least at his age, most kids stay with family members. This RTT is about the size of a queen bed.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Might need to take another flight to New Hampshire and pick this up from the place I just got my Landcruiser from. One of these just sold on Cars and Bids for $310k.

https://northeastautoimports.com/263807/1996-Toyota-Megacruiser
Centerpole90
AG
Is your 80 what you intend to put that LT4 in?
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Yes.
Centerpole90
AG
Should be plenty.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
I'm hoping to get 500 at the wheels after it's all said and done. Doing some reading, it looks like quite a loss power on these things when doing engine swaps. I had to order a special adapter for the transmission. It's coming from a place in Washington that does frame off restorations on landcruisers. They usually only offer the part to people who ship their vehicles up there, so I'm thankful they were willing to manufacture one for me and ship it down here.
reddog90
AG
Torfab?
MTTANK
AG
Pretty sweet!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1983-toyota-land-cruiser-fj60-47/
GIG 'EM
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Yes. It's Torfab.

EDIT: I got an email from them this morning that they'll be making it available as a kit on their website soon.
MR Gadsden
Who's rig is this? It's pretty nice, I like it.

Midland, TX.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
That Allstate sign in the photo reminds me to ask a question. Who do ya'll insure your older Landcruisers through? State Farm will only insure mine up to KBB, and since mine is a Japanese market one, let's just say they are only willing to insure it for a lot less than current market values. I want higher coverage before I throw a brand new engine in there.
Streetfighter 02
AG
https://www.grundy.com/

I'm through State Farm but a friend with many classics and hot rods uses Grundy. They won't insure me because I don't have an enclosed garage to store the truck in. There are also some restrictions on usage and daily driving, however they were much cheaper than Haggerty. You can state your replacement value and have it insured higher than KBB for a higher premium.
aggiepaintrain
AG
vmiaptetr said:

That Allstate sign in the photo reminds me to ask a question. Who do ya'll insure your older Landcruisers through? State Farm will only insure mine up to KBB, and since mine is a Japanese market one, let's just say they are only willing to insure it for a lot less than current market values. I want higher coverage before I throw a brand new engine in there.

new engine ?
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
LS swap, obviously.

Technically speaking, it's an LT swap in this instance.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I think it was for sale a while back and on Ih8mud.com
reddog90
AG
Some day

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1992-troopcarrier-bend-or-55k-obo.1298199/
drumboy
AG
I'm interested in a 2011 LX570 w/ 175K miles from a friend's in laws. Single owner since 2013 and serviced at the dealer.

Radiator hasn't been replaced and no issues w/ air suspension.

Anything else I should ask about? I've seen it in person in passing but they're 4 hours away so need get get most details over the phone.
'03ag
You should ask when and why they converted to air suspension
drumboy
AG
Lol. I thought the AHC was air controlled.
Complete Idiot
drumboy said:

Lol. I thought the AHC was air controlled.
hydraulic fluid, not air

'03ag
Thankfully it's not. Way more sophisticated, capable and durable than air. The system is pretty solid but at that age and mileage I would want to know the service history of it. Check the color of the fluid for sure, and how it rides.

If you're planning to wheel it at all I'd keep a very close eye on it. If it were completely original and I was going to take it off road, I'd likely be replacing the globes and fluid at a minimum. Maybe even the shocks. Not cheap.

Mine is a 2013 with half those miles and it's great, but I suspect it's already not performing 100% like it should
drumboy
AG
What's a decent price for the 2011 LX570, 175K miles, and very good service history. New radiator, starter, belts in the last few months, regular oil changes and dealer maintenance....near mint condition.
JB
AG
drumboy said:

What's a decent price for the 2011 LX570, 175K miles, and very good service history. New radiator, starter, belts in the last few months, regular oil changes and dealer maintenance....near mint condition.

Mid 20s?

Check Autotrader
cruiserag2020
Short trip to Kickapoo Caverns SP. The cave is amazing so if you go definitely sign up for the guided tour (can only access the cave with tour reservations)

reddog90
AG
Love seeing guys out with their kids. Mine are tiny and we had to cancel our first camping trip with them this weekend due to freezing weather.
reddog90
AG
Can't remember if this one has been cross posted here but here is a cool 80. Euro poverty pack with barn doors, turbo'd 1HZ with 5 speed. Well respected PO in Austin area.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/for-sale-betty-white-1992-hzj80-land-cruiser-in-austin-tx.234974/
cruiserag2020
I didn't grow up camping but love it now so I am taking kids often so they get to experience this world off a screen!

It was cold this weekend but we did great with our gear. Kids will go with me to Big Bend in February for our next trip.
reddog90
AG
cruiserag2020 said:

I didn't grow up camping but love it now so I am taking kids often so they get to experience this world off a screen!

It was cold this weekend but we did great with our gear. Kids will go with me to Big Bend in February for our next trip.
You doing the river rd or more of a basin experience? Let me know if you need any ideas. I'm not an expert but I've been there a few times.
Centerpole90
AG
reddog90 said:

Can't remember if this one has been cross posted here but here is a cool 80. Euro poverty pack with barn doors, turbo'd 1HZ with 5 speed. Well respected PO in Austin area.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/for-sale-betty-white-1992-hzj80-land-cruiser-in-austin-tx.234974/

This is so cool.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.