Landcruisers

520,061 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by AgCMT
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
robertf03 said:

reddog90 said:

https://instagr.am/p/BcK-i_fF0yX

I wouldn't mind renting this.

So open flame. Wooden drawer. wooden drawer above it. Operated in a territory without a flat spot to park anywhere. Designed to haul a weeks worth of essentials hundreds of miles from civilization.

Solid design
"Those arent burners, they're uh, turntables for a mobile DJ station....yeah...thats the ticket...."
reddog90
AG
I don't see a problem.
Ham Slice MRE
AG
Thoughts?

https://collegestation.craigslist.org/cto/d/1989-toyotal-landcruizer/6422967719.html
Texas300Mag
AG
I saw it too but seems like it should be 9-10k? pictures arent great
aggiepaintrain
AG
All FJ62 transmissions fail around 200k, unless it's been rebuilt it's a ticking time bomb.

Ham Slice MRE
AG
What's the ballpark $ on that?
aggiepaintrain
AG
used $2500-3k

rebuilt more $$$

Ever driven one? they are slow, and handle awful, get a FJ80 95-97, or 98-05.
Ham Slice MRE
AG
I have not. Thanks for the insight.

Looking for a daily driver candidate/semi project that i can learn on. My daily commute is very short.
RickSawyer
AG
I don't care how short your commute is, buying an almost 30 year old vehicle with over 250k miles is going to make your daily driver / project car a daily project pain in the ass.
reddog90
AG
RickSawyer said:

I don't care how short your commute is, buying an almost 30 year old vehicle with over 250k miles is going to make your daily driver / project car a daily project pain in the ass.
Dreams crushed
RickSawyer
AG
reddog90 said:

RickSawyer said:

Dreams crushed
Oh, I don't mean to crush dreams but more of a follow what I say, not what I do (did). Trying to make ends meet by making your dream project your daily driver is doable but its not without the drawbacks, and, at some point you will hate the project. When all you need is to go get groceries or take a child to soccer practice and your daily driver project decides to act like what it is, a moody, 30 year old vehicle.

Or I could just be an old(er) grouchy guy who now understands the benefits of a reliable daily with the project / fun vehicle parked safely in the garage. I just don't feel like wrenching on the daily, on the daily basis.

reddog90
AG
Yeah I've decided I'll have a 40 someday as a project/weekend rig, not my daily driver.
Centerpole90
AG
So is this a thing?

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-toyota-landcruiser-fj45/6397269459.html

[url=https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-toyota-landcruiser-fj45/6397269459.html][/url]
Complete Idiot
Centerpole90 said:

So is this a thing?

No, this is.

ILikeTacos
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Centerpole90 said:

So is this a thing?

No, this is.

*golf clap*
Complete Idiot
Being serious, I think the FJ45 extended cabs are all aftermarket, don't think it ever came with a big cab from Toyota. Between that and the 5.7L it's not really a Land Cruiser anymore but an interesting vehicle to own for sure.
longeryak
The bandeirante variant is Brazilian and legit. I don't think it was ever offered in the US.
Streetfighter 02
AG
It's a Bandierante. Brazillian import that had a longer run than other Land Cruisers. Stock would be a Mercedes diesel I think.
Complete Idiot
That's pretty cool, hadn't heard that branch of the fjs existed
Centerpole90
AG
I'd never seen one before. I was surfing CL and when I first spotted it I thought it was an FJ45 home-hack job but the branding made it seem more legit. I learned something!

My daughter just got back from 3 weeks in Brazil on a study abroad with AGLS group; she sent me pictures of cattle, wildlife, farmland, all sorts of vegetables, cotton, soybeans, John Deere assembly plant, ranch houses, beaches, everything BUT FJs!
Streetfighter 02
AG
Just a hack job on the V8.
reddog90
AG
That one is pretty ugly imo. Here are some others:

https://expeditionportal.com/la-aduana-two-1989-bandeirante-fj45-land-cruisers/
Centerpole90
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Bd2iYeeBHqP
Centerpole90
AG
Friend of mine in Alabama just brokered a deal for another guy to buy this 40 from the original owner. It'll be for sale more than likely. The man was asking $12k firm but I don't know what the settle was or what the new price will be. Pretty solid '72.

https://instagr.am/p/BeOfph_hv0Y

hatchback
AG
I hope that the front half was included in the sale, too.
Complete Idiot
Selling my 80 this weekend, the 100 series experience will begin. I'm sure I'll regret it on some level but I like to try new vehicles.

I'm like someone giving a dog up, I need to find a good home. I had some optional buyers but decided to sell to a guy in Colorado - he used to have an 80 and missed it, so he's buying mine. I like that and I like the fact it will be put to use on trails it is meant for, Colorado is full of them and this guy is into wheeling.
KY AG
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Selling my 80 this weekend, the 100 series experience will begin. I'm sure I'll regret it on some level but I like to try new vehicles.

I'm like someone giving a dog up, I need to find a good home. I had some optional buyers but decided to sell to a guy in Colorado - he used to have an 80 and missed it, so he's buying mine. I like that and I like the fact it will be put to use on trails it is meant for, Colorado is full of them and this guy is into wheeling.

I hear ya. I sold my 80 to a church member who already had/has 2 80s; now he has 3.
KY AG
AG
And bypass the 100s and skip to the 200, because UR>>UZ.
Complete Idiot
KY AG said:

Oh, I'm much to cheap to do that. And the LC's keep getting bigger and bigger, I think the 80's look better than the 100's and the 100's look better than the 200. But the 200 is an impressive beast, no doubt.
aggiepaintrain
AG
post your 80s for sale on here next time

TxAg20
AG
Complete Idiot said:

KY AG said:

Oh, I'm much to cheap to do that. And the LC's keep getting bigger and bigger, I think the 80's look better than the 100's and the 100's look better than the 200. But the 200 is an impressive beast, no doubt.

Wrong on looks. 80>40>200>100>60
KY AG
AG
In modified form it's a different argument, but bone stock I would go 40>70>200>80>60>100>55. A modified 80 moves up several spots.

But then again, it's dependent on generations. Round headlight 60 >> Square 60, 200L>>200, etc.
ILikeTacos
AG
TxAg20 said:

Complete Idiot said:

KY AG said:

Wrong on looks. 80>40>200>100>60
the **** is wrong with you? 80 greater than 40???
ILikeTacos
AG
KY AG said:

In modified form it's a different argument, but bone stock I would go 40>70>200>80>60>100>55. A modified 80 moves up several spots.

But then again, it's dependent on generations. Round headlight 60 >> Square 60, 200L>>200, etc.
And the hell is wrong with you??? Ranking the Iron Pig behind a 60 and 100?!?!
reddog90
AG

http://www.myfj40.com/For_Sale/77_FJ40_BLU_2.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.