Landcruisers

507,400 Views | 3457 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by reddog90
Naveronski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looked over the photos again; looks like a really nice truck.
fwag04
AG
What do you guys expect the 200 series pricing to do? Are they inflated because of the industry as a whole is inflated or because they're discontinued? Seems like 2016s with under 100k miles are going for 60k+, or at least that's asking.

Was wanting to get into a 200 series, but I think I may have missed the window on it.
TxAg20
AG
I'm not an expert by any means, but I do own a 200 series. I think prices are currently inflated mostly because all car prices are inflated. A small percentage may be FOMO with the 200 LC being discontinued and new ones hard to find. I think once the current shortage of all vehicles has passed, 200s will continue to depreciate for ~20 years at which time they'll bottom out and start appreciating just like all previous generations of the Land Cruiser.

Personally, I would have a hard time paying $60K for a 200 with 100K miles. If I didn't need a new vehicle right now, I would wait for prices to return to normal or for the chance to buy a new 300 series. I don't love the 300 yet, but I would argue that every subsequent series of the Land Cruiser has been better than the one it replaced and I doubt that ends with the 200.
K Bo
AG
I didn't realize how inflated prices have gotten and just saw Joe Myers has a '21 base (in extended inventory) listed for $103K!!!

I bought my '21 LC in Oct of '20 for just under MSRP (and got what was then a silly trade-in number for my F150). I think that Ed Martin Toyota is still able to offer decent prices on new LC's, if you're willing to travel.

I'd have to agree that some of it is FOMO pricing but mostly I think it's just that the car market, in it's entirety, is inflated right now.

I'd also agree that waiting is the best strategy. I can't see how these prices are sustainable.
fwag04
AG
A guy just posted on Mud that he paid 52.5K +TTL for a 2 owner 2013 with 54k miles. That just seems insane.

I should probably just stop looking at them altogether until the supply chain corrects itself. My wife is pretty supportive of my dumb ideas (see pic a few posts up), but I can't justify paying such a premium for a 200. I guess I'll keep my 100 and hope the 300s come to the states eventually or look at the new Tundras if I wind up needing the extra towing capacity more often than I do now.
aggiepaintrain
AG
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-toyota-land-cruiser-fj80-24/

1,000 miles

may hit $150k
FJB
Naveronski
DeadCiv
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

1,000 miles

may hit $150k
Cra. Zy.
TX_AG_10
AG
This supercharged 100 Series in Maroon:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-toyota-land-cruiser-20/
JB
AG
Love that color.
RVAg02
AG
Me too. I want that but it will go for a ton in that shape with the SC.
aggieforester05
AG
They stopped making the 4.7L superchargers because the engines wouldn't last. Very rare to find one, but I wouldn't buy it without the cash to drop a built motor in when the original goes boom. On the other hand, a 5.7L LC with a supercharger would be one of the greatest things you could possibly own.
Coin
aggieforester05 said:

They stopped making the 4.7L superchargers because the engines wouldn't last."
aggieforester05
AG
Coin said:

aggieforester05 said:

I had a supercharged 2007 5.7L Tundra, so I did a lot of research on these things back in the day. Here's an archived version of a thread on the 4.7L supercharged.

4.7L Supercharged Catastrophic Engine Failure

Another discusses the weak connecting rods:

4.7L rods

I've put a rod through the block of a mustang engine that was also known for weak connecting rods utilizing a supercharger. Not fun!
drmwvr
AG

300 Series official reveal in 15 minutes
drmwvr
AG
Too bad it's not coming to the states (yet). The GR Sport looks awesome!

K Bo
AG
Yep, I dig that GR Sport
reddog90
AG
TxAg20 said:

I don't love the 300 yet, but I would argue that every subsequent series of the Land Cruiser has been better than the one it replaced and I doubt that ends with the 200.
Coin
aggieforester05 said:

Coin said:

aggieforester05 said:

I had a supercharged 2007 5.7L Tundra, so I did a lot of research on these things back in the day. Here's an archived version of a thread on the 4.7L supercharged.

4.7L rods
I choose not to believe you and will continue to dream of having one on my 100.
Complete Idiot
Coin said:

aggieforester05 said:

Coin said:

aggieforester05 said:

4.7L rods
I choose not to believe you and will continue to dream of having one on my 100.
I have headers and exhaust on my 100, and dream of taking it to DAP Tuning up in North Texas for a custom tune - it's enough. A supercharger isn't really needed (sounds like blasphemy on an auto board I guess).

I have a 2003 Corvette Z06 and while a supercharger is available and certainly is appealing, it's not needed. It struggles to cleanly put down the power it already has.

Blasphemy I guess but superchargers aren't needed to make these particular vehicles great.
Coin
Complete Idiot said:

I have headers and exhaust on my 100, and dream of taking it to DAP Tuning up in North Texas for a custom tune - it's enough.
What at year is your 100? Mine is an '03 LX and I love it, but man it could use a few extra ponies.

I really like that it's very quiet, not sure I would go the headers and exhaust route.
K Bo
AG

RVAg02
AG
That looks great. It's a little photo/movie magic, because the other still shots don't look as good as the proportions and lines in that video.

I'd still buy one in 2 seconds if it came to the states.
Complete Idiot
Coin said:

Complete Idiot said:

I have headers and exhaust on my 100, and dream of taking it to DAP Tuning up in North Texas for a custom tune - it's enough.
What at year is your 100? Mine is an '03 LX and I love it, but man it could use a few extra ponies.

I really like that it's very quiet, not sure I would go the headers and exhaust route.
I have a 2006 LC, which already had an additional 40 HP over the 2003 LX/LC due to the addition of VVT-i to the 4.7L.

With the headers and exhaust, it has plenty of get up and go. It is difficult/costly to install the headers and I could never really tell someone else the investment is worth it. It's like building a pool.
K Bo
AG
Same. Initially I did not like the styling of the 300 from the spy pics I had seen but I think the GR Sport is changing my mind.
Serotonin
AG
K Bo said:

Same. Initially I did not like the styling of the 300 from the spy pics I had seen but I think the GR Sport is changing my mind.
100% agreed.

For the life of me I do not understand Toyota's strategy of building/shipping LX's over here rather than LC's for the 300 series.

Just look at the used market, there is WAY more demand for LC's. Many people end up buying an used LX because it's cheaper and what's available, but they'd prefer an LC if they could get one.
K Bo
AG
I think you answered your own question - the market for buyers of pre-owned (fully depreciated, yet "barely broken in") LCs is much deeper than that of new LCs. Most folks aren't willing to pay $80-$90k for a Toyota. I assume Toyota cares only about primary sales and LX's sell much easier and in more volume than LCs.
WildcatAg
AG
Serotonin
AG
Yep, great point.
aggiepaintrain
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

1,000 miles

may hit $150k

$136k hammer price, with fees, taxes, shipping I was pretty close
FJB
Serotonin
AG
What was MSRP on that brand new? $30k?
aggiepaintrain
AG
around 45
FJB
remko12
AG
Friend of mine has a set of bestop full fabric doors (not 2 piece) for an FJ40 that he wants to sell. They're in great shape. He's asking $250.

You can text me at 713 four four seven 7139
MyNameIsJeff
AG
I'll try to get some pics posted, but I just bought a 2004 100 series off my parents that they purchased as a demo in 2005. Pulled the steps and added the custom fit Weathertechs so far, and I have Icon Rebounds and KM3s being installed tomorrow or Monday. ARB front bumper and WKOR/Slee sliders will be next.

Wave if you see me around CS.

https://imgur.com/a/yDfwDlD

I apparently can't post pics yet.
K Bo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.