Landcruisers

521,969 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by AgCMT
Complete Idiot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The past few summers I had taken the 80 down to the part of Padre Island National Seashore north of Port Mansfield, the 80 was decked out with bumpers, sliders, OME lift, winch, 35" tires. Sold that 80 about 6 months ago and got a 2006 100 series, took it down to Padre Island south of Port Mansfield for a 5 day weekend last week. Hit 200K miles on the odometer on the trip, it runs like a top of course. Put 33" tires on it and have some sliders in my garage I still need to install, but stock otherwise. Not as cool as the 80 but drives better - I use it more often than I did the 80.

HBCanine08
AG
Complete Idiot said:

The past few summers I had taken the 80 down to the part of Padre Island National Seashore north of Port Mansfield, the 80 was decked out with bumpers, sliders, OME lift, winch, 35" tires. Sold that 80 about 6 months ago and got a 2006 100 series, took it down to Padre Island south of Port Mansfield for a 5 day weekend last week. Hit 200K miles on the odometer on the trip, it runs like a top of course. Put 33" tires on it and have some sliders in my garage I still need to install, but stock otherwise. Not as cool as the 80 but drives better - I use it more often than I did the 80.

Complete Idiot
HBCanine08 said:

Complete Idiot said:

That reply always makes me laugh.

You can see photo here: and click on it (in the new window) to make it ENHANCE. then scroll L/R and Up/Down.
Centerpole90
AG
What day was this? Wind guru said 3 footers all last week... I think it was lying.

I was going to ask how close to mansfield, but I see the condos on SPI when in enhance mode.
Complete Idiot
Centerpole90 said:

What day was this? Wind guru said 3 footers all last week... I think it was lying.

I was going to ask how close to mansfield, but I see the condos on SPI when in enhance mode.
That photo taken on the 20th. Only a mile or two north of Beach Access 6, basically where the adventure park is. My kids are young and screaming at me to stop as soon as they see a big stretch of sand - I'd love to go another 10 miles. Even going that short distance at high tide weeded out a lot of visitors, went around a couple stuck vehicles. Needed four wheel drive and common sense to get that far at high tide, at low tide anyone can get way up on the beach on the hard packed sand.
Centerpole90
AG
That looks awesome. It was blowing pretty good inland last weekend, I'm surprised the Gulf looks that flat, but on a 16' skiff it doesn't take much to run me off. I frequent the beach on flat days (from the water) from the Mansfield jetties to about 6-8 miles south. I seldom get within view of the condos on my poling skiff unless it's uber flat and calm - I really like to be able to run back in quick if the wind gets up or a thunderstorm brews up. I like 1.5-2 footers or less and frequent close enough to the beach I have to keep an eye out for shark fishermen lines in the water.
Centerpole90
AG
Import 80 w 5 speed

[url]https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/d/1992-land-cruiser-fj80-with-5/6642611440.html[/url]
reddog90
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BmBQGBCDDGz
HBCanine08
AG
Centerpole90 said:

Import 80 w 5 speed

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/d/1992-land-cruiser-fj80-with-5/6642611440.html
HBCanine08
AG
Complete Idiot said:

HBCanine08 said:

Complete Idiot said:

That reply always makes me laugh.

You can see photo here: and click on it (in the new window) to make it ENHANCE. then scroll L/R and Up/Down.
Thanks. Nice looking LC
Centerpole90
AG
LX450 in RGV... not normal Valley fare, looks pretty clean!

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/d/1997-lexus-lx450-land-cruiser/6660634097.html

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Those door panels are LOL
Centerpole90
AG
Like I said, it's not normal RGV fare. That the armrests aren't out of a John Deere tractor is a surprise.
vin1041
AG
Brakes completely failed on the '97 LX450. I guess it's off to the mechanic we go...
TxAg20
AG

Complete Idiot
I generally think 200's look a bit bloated and soft but you've made yours look really nice - looks like a great trip. How difficult is the drive up and down from the top?
TxAg20
AG
I ascended from Telluride and descended into Ouray. The Telluride side is pretty mild. There are a few tight spots next to steep drop offs, but otherwise nothing notable. The Ouray side is pretty hacked out with plenty of rock ledges. I scraped my rear bumper a couple of times on the descent, but it wouldn't be an issue with a better departure angle.
drumboy
AG
Need some more pics of that land cruiser.
Complete Idiot
TxAg20 said:

I ascended from Telluride and descended into Ouray. The Telluride side is pretty mild. There are a few tight spots next to steep drop offs, but otherwise nothing notable. The Ouray side is pretty hacked out with plenty of rock ledges. I scraped my rear bumper a couple of times on the descent, but it wouldn't be an issue with a better departure angle.
Sounds nice - total round trip time? Maybe someday I'll stop being a wimp and take that on.

As far as mods to your 200 - front and rear bumpers (ARB?), lift (something from Slee?), looks like you removed fender flares as well. Anything else?
TxAg20
AG
Arb front bumper. RLC welding rear bumper. Arb BP-51 suspension with SPC UCAs. Rock Warrior wheels.

No fender flares. I've seen some on 200s, but I don't think Toyota offers them.
Complete Idiot
TxAg20 said:

Arb front bumper. RLC welding rear bumper. Arb BP-51 suspension with SPC UCAs. Rock Warrior wheels.

No fender flares. I've seen some on 200s, but I don't think Toyota offers them.

I thought they came with bulgy OEM flares I didn't care for, and I was guessing you removed those for the squared cleaner look. Either way, I like the overall look of yours.

At a Toyota dealership today for airbag recall on my 100, I see a new Sequoia costs $62k.
reddog90
AG
Just missed you!
reddog90
AG

Drool-worthy Proffitt's 40 in Ouray on Tuesday.
AG
TxAg20 said:

Were you one of the hundred LCs clogging Imogene yesterday?
dhharder
AG
TxAg20
AG
No. I was in the LC 2 days ago. Were you in a Land Rover clogging Imogene yesterday? If so, I saw some soccer moms in Rzr's pass you like you were stranded.
AG
Was that you we were talking to at the mineshaft on the ouray side?
TxAg20
AG
Wasn't me. I wasn't actually on Imogene yesterday, but I believe soccer moms in Rzrs are a daily occurrence on Imogene.
AG
Cool. Talked to no less than 6 east texans with rzrs

reddog90
AG
I need that in my life.
reddog90
AG
https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1971-toyota-land-cruiser-fj55/6650857952.html

Don't see these for sale very often.
reddog90
AG
https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1983-toyota-land-cruiser-fj60/6660131527.html

Pretty nice 60 too.
drumboy
AG
My buddy is selling a nice FJ40.

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/2966493
ILikeTacos
AG
reddog90 said:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1971-toyota-land-cruiser-fj55/6650857952.html

Don't see these for sale very often.
because it takes a special person to love an iron pig.
Centerpole90
AG
I see it hit $9k. Appears to have made the minimum, is that right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.