Landcruisers

522,565 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by AgCMT
'03ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Finally broken in

MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Well, the search has begun to get the wife a low mileage 200 series. One of the coolant hoses on her Expedition went out, and we were stranded for a bit on the way back from a Florida trip. The whole time, I was thinking, "I bet if we drove the 80 series, this wouldn't have happened."

So…if anyone knows somebody or sees a good deal, let me know. I'm willing to get it from anywhere in the country. Looking for a '21, white, with less than 20k miles.
'03ag
LX or LC.?
Centerpole90
AG
Is that all it takes????

/cp90 slowly slinks out and pokes a hole in wife's Tahoe radiator hose.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
LC. Sorry for not clarifying that.
TSJ
AG
vmiaptetr said:

Well, the search has begun to get the wife a low mileage 200 series. One of the coolant hoses on her Expedition went out, and we were stranded for a bit on the way back from a Florida trip. The whole time, I was thinking, "I bet if we drove the 80 series, this wouldn't have happened."

So…if anyone knows somebody or sees a good deal, let me know. I'm willing to get it from anywhere in the country. Looking for a '21, white, with less than 20k miles, heritage edition.
Aggietaco
AG
Mitchel Buick in San Angelo and Toyota of Richardson both have 35k mile options. The one at Mitchell is silver though. I got them down to 83,9 before I stopped dealing with them.

Sub 20k gets you into the flipping market, it seems.

Poe in El Paso has a white 21 with 23k miles. Sergio Saucedo was helpful when I was interested in one of their previous offerings. 915-615-2248
Aggietaco
AG
Also, fingers crossed, I can add something to this thread soon.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna look into the one in El Paso. I'd love to drive that thing around Big Bend before I bring it back home.
Aggietaco
AG
Aggietaco said:

Also, fingers crossed, I can add something to this thread soon.
I lied. Apparently my deposit was 10 minutes after someone else's.
drmwvr
AG
SOLD before I listed it. sorry folks!
Aggietaco
AG
I don't see any pictures of your LC?
drmwvr
AG
Aggietaco said:

I don't see any pictures of your LC?
Soon
drumboy
AG
drmwvr said:

Fyi, we will be putting our '15 LX up for sale next week (located in Houston). 105k miles, one family car. Let me know if interested. Making room for a sweet '19 LC we just picked up.

Nice How much? Love my newish to me 2011.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
vmiaptetr said:

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/377Y4Vbq/1991-toyota-land-cruiser-vx-limited

Back on the chopping block. No reserve.

Sold for $33,250. That's that RHD discount.
'03ag
This is a great deal for someone

https://www.facebook.com/groups/233690338388958/permalink/807640270993959/?sfnsn=mo&ref=share&mibextid=VhDh1V

Naveronski
AG
There have been a ton of scammers pupping up in FB groups recently. They'll often reuse photos and descriptions from other listings but offer the option to ship.

Please do not send people money; meet them in person instead.
stevopike
AG
this guy looks legit, have mutual friends on FB, and looks like he works at an independent Lexus car shop.
ILikeTacos
AG
Spotted this 200 series up here in Colorado used properly… I should tell him about this concept called "sliders"
PharmD4
AG
I missed the first ten thousand or so posts on this thread, so this is probably beat to death. Is there a general consensus for GX460 (2017) cross bars?

Maybe I need to internet better, but having looked around forums etc, I'm not seeing any that stand out as being the widely accepted choice.
'03ag
What exactly you looking for?
Bob Kelso
AG
Interested. Hoping to see more pics and history if available - I have a 2015 4Runner, but may need to go a bit bigger with a growing family.

Htownautodetail@gmail.com
Grown Pear
AG
I'm so bummed we can't get a new 70 series in the U.S. I would love the 5-Door with 4.5L Diesel V8.

Grown Pear
AG
To follow that up, and I know it's stupid… but I would pay LC 200 prices for the outdated "new" 70 series.
PharmD4
AG
Just basic crossbars that fit factory rails…not a roof rack etc (I know you secretly want this to turn overlanding bro lol)

Critical:
- strong enough to hold luggage, kayaks, etc
- aftermarket support for attachments etc
- proven quality

Preferred:
- reduced wind noise, drag
- reasonable cost

If I'm missing a consideration, let me know. Total n00b with roof accessories.
'03ag
The quietest bars will be the factory bars, and they'll certainly hold a kayak. Need to determine just how much stuff you want/need. More mounting options will necessarily add wind noise.
CenterHillAg
AG
They would be sold out for 5 years straight. Looking at the manual transmission and AC controls makes me jealous.
Chef Elko
AG
CenterHillAg said:

They would be sold out for 5 years straight. Looking at the manual transmission and AC controls makes me jealous.
It really blows my mind how the USDM gets screwed when there is such a huge want for these kind of vehicles.
380sl
https://imgur.com/a/HtDoSLj
aggiedata
AG
In the app, hold the picture down and select Copy Post Link then paste

Shumba
AG
Agreed. My wife's family lives in South Africa, and every time we visit I just drool over the old-school Landcruisers I see over there. And soooo many diesel vehicles. My Father-in-Law has a diesel Ford Everest that is really sweet, but it's not as sweet as those diesel LCs.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Did I see this rig driving down FM 2154 today?
380sl
Negative. I'm in Canada for vacation. That is where the bear pic was taken yesterday when I went out to my LC.
Jason C.
AG
Shumba said:

Agreed. My wife's family lives in South Africa, and every time we visit I just drool over the old-school Landcruisers I see over there. And soooo many diesel vehicles. My Father-in-Law has a diesel Ford Everest that is really sweet, but it's not as sweet as those diesel LCs.

Just get one that's 1998 or older and import it!
'03ag
Fresh oil/filter. Engine and cabin air filters. Got all my bro-verlanding gear reattached so someone can start a thread about how baskets make them feel weird.

Headed to Silverton in less than a week.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.