Landcruisers

522,586 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by AgCMT
reddog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I stopped by there yesterday. Truck is looking good!
K Bo
AG
Love to hear that. Valdimir sent me a walk around video last week and I'm very excited to get it back.

ETA: What are they doing for you, if anything?
MTTANK
AG
Was out delivering watermelons to some clients the other day and creeped on a cool 40:

'03ag
TKO sliders going on today, with Land cruiser rockers. Just plastidipped the rockers for now until I decide how I like the two tone look.

New globes on and system bled.

K Bo
AG
Back in my possession but going back to LC of H Monday to address some brake problems. I'm not sure my plans, yet, but it's sure awesome looking and much more of an adventure driving vs my 200.

This particular truck sold on TA in 2017 via 1Ags to WaltonLoads08 who DD'd it for a bit before parking it for a year and a half or so. 233k mi and running strong.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/377Y4Vbq/1991-toyota-land-cruiser-vx-limited

Back on the chopping block. No reserve.
'03ag
All done. Sitting high mode

drumboy
AG
Did you do the sensor lift? I need to figure that out.
'03ag
Not yet. Probably will in the next couple of weeks. Wanted to wait until I had the globes and fluid changed out. FYI it moves from N to H a lot faster now.
AggieDruggist89
AG
2025 Land Cruiser

Smaller and cheaper? So....on Forerunner platform??
'03ag
drumboy said:

What is it you need to figure out and what are you hoping to gain from a sensor lift?
drumboy
AG
'03ag said:

drumboy said:

What is it you need to figure out and what are you hoping to gain from a sensor lift?

Put slightly bigger tires on the LX570
'03ag
drumboy said:

'03ag said:

drumboy said:

Put slightly bigger tires on the LX570

It's a common misconception with double A arm IFS, but a sensor lift isn't going to change what size tire you can run. Theres way more to it than that. If it rubs before the sensor lift, it will absolutely rub after. If you want to clear bigger tires you gotta start cutting.

But you can go quite a bit bigger with minimal effort.

33s (275/70/18) can be done with no modifications. This is what I have.

34s (295/70/18) are really popular on these. You'll need a wheel spacer(or lower offset wheel) and some wheel well trimming. This will be my next set.

Good info in these

https://overlandoutfitters.ca/blogs/news/the-myths-of-lifting-an-ifs-vehicle

'03ag
Spliced in some LED strips to replace the lights lost from removing the factory steps.

Furlock Bones
AG
looks good. if you will actually be using them offroad, then rattlecan black is the best way to go. that way when you scrape them on the rocks, you can easily wire wheel the spots and repaint.

that's what i do on my Jeep. granite in Mason isn't soft.
'03ag
Sorry that was worded badly. The sliders are powder coated black, and yeah they'll get used.

The rocker panels have been dipped black. And it's already not holding up well. I may attempt a rattle can paint match next. We'll see.
K Bo
AG
Finally got some pictures while in my possession. Back at LC of H getting the brakes dialed in and a few other things buttoned up.

This thing looks awesome, rides great, and is a lot of fun to drive (not so much trying to get to speed on the highway, ha) but we'll see how long I can keep two LC's. I don't have storage for 3 vehicles so ultimately I think this or the 200 will have to go. I'd love to think I would DD this, but I think with the decent amount of highway driving I do that's not the reality. In any event, I'm looking forward to getting it back, digging in to it a little bit more (replacing small things like hood struts and air vents), and enjoying it if even only for a short time.

reddog90
AG
Boo this man.
Keep that truck. Drive it to CO and make some memories in it. Meet me at SAS next summer.
Centerpole90
AG
Year?
K Bo
AG
Centerpole90
AG
Awesome. She's a beauty. You'll be sad to see that 200 go.
K Bo
AG
There's still a small chance I keep both but, if I'm forced to cut one, the 200 wins.
Aggietaco
AG
It's the 1995 that 1ags had a while back.

ETA - whoops, didn't realize that I hadn't refreshed the page in a while.
aggiepaintrain
AG
actually I owned that one before 1ags
K Bo
AG
She gets around
aggiepaintrain
AG
I saw those wheels, and thought it looked familiar. Good job on that build. Looks fantastic.
Centerpole90
AG
Thanks for the reply. Also - that CPjr internship is continuing to go really well. I think it's been both ways too; I know he's learning tons and the feedback he gets inficates they are pleased too.
aggiepaintrain
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

actually I owned that one before 1ags

now I have his 'old' 2021 Ford F150 that he tricked out, while my 2025 Land Cruiser is enroute
Naveronski
AG
Triple locked?
K Bo
AG
if you're asking about the green 80 above, no lockers.
Aggietaco
AG
Glad to hear, have him reach out when he's back on campus if he wants to know more about the commercial side.
reddog90
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CuWn3TZttRN
As suspected, the shadow of the new LC looks remarkably similar to the new GX and the rendering from the recent motortrend post.

https://instagr.am/p/CuICEneO8LB

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/project-fauxverlander-200-series-land-cruiser-build-thread.888823/page-21#post-15027134

This post from Cruiser Kurt also shows the LC DNA in the new GX.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Seems like they're just going to have the Prado be the new US Land Cruiser since it shares the same platform with the GX. Makes part interchangeability easy.

If that's the case I wouldn't be surprised to see the LX600 phased out eventually.
Aggietaco
AG
Don't see that anytime soon with as hot as they still are. Everyone that purchased 22 and 23 MY are still able to flip for more than MSRP. I test drove a white 22 with 14k miles that the original owner sold back to the dealer for $10k over what he paid when his preferred color was finally available that the dealer had then marked up another 15%.
Naveronski
AG
Found a place outside of DFW to escape the heat this week, lot of nice LC's (and other Toyotas) running around.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.