Landcruisers

516,293 Views | 3492 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TxAg20
TxAg20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Land Cruiser #3 was delivered to me this weekend. Not the normal US-Spec 80:

reddog90
AG
WTF man... where do you live??
Complete Idiot
Looks like someone else already did all the fun upgrades - anything left to do? Looks like a great rig.
reddog90
AG
TxAg20 said:

Land Cruiser #3 was delivered to me this weekend. Not the normal US-Spec 80:

And is this the 80 Ian was doing a full resto on keeping the 1fze-fe? Did you decide on an FTE swap last minute?
TxAg20
AG
I live in Midland.

The full resto is still going with Ian on the '95. Keeping the 1FZ-FE in that one.

This one was also done by Ian for jomelo on mud. There's a big build thread on this titled 1997 FZJ80 to HDJ80 1HD-FTE + H152F

After reading the build thread I decided I wanted a diesel powered 80. I talked to Ian about sourcing a LHD HDJ80 for a full resto and he said we would be better off starting with a US-spec FZJ80 and doing the FTE conversion. He likes the FTE a lot better than the FT that came in late model HDJ80s. Meanwhile, I reached out to jomelo to see if he had any interest in selling this one. He waxed and waned, but ultimately needed room at home for a couple of Land Cruiser builds/acquisitions and decided to part with his diesel 80. I went to his place in Florida in late June to look at it and drive it and we made a deal. I was in Utah most of July and planned to make it back to Florida in early August to drive this one back. My schedule didn't work out for a Florida trip, so I just had it shipped.

I'll drive this one regularly until Ian finishes my '95. At that time, I'll take this one back to Ian for a good repaint (this one still has original '97 paint) and some other small changes.
reddog90
AG
That's incredible. Nice work.
Aggietaco
AG
TxAg20 just slangin' D all over this thread.
Centerpole90
AG
Ya, thread took a turn.
MR Gadsden
Can't wait to see that thing around town!

If you see a dude in an 78 FJ55 trying to chase you down, it's just me stalking you.
reddog90
AG
Random SAS6 pics

Complete Idiot
Great photos, awesome scenery. Love Cruisers being used, not just collected or garage queens (like mine has been, other than a beach trip).
Centerpole90
AG
You ever get out to take a picture, look back, and think "I hope that mf'er don't roll away." ??
cstav86
Pretty much every time!
Centerpole90
AG
cstav86 said:

Pretty much every time!
Holy smokes amigo, good to see your lurk game is still strong!

You popped in to see Marge doing things... Last week of Sept, throw a 5 weight in Carl and let's head north...
reddog90
AG
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-toyota-land-cruiser-177/

No reserve, 37k miles, '97 HDJ80, LHD, 1HD-FT, H151, triple locked

This is the holy grail 80 series.
MR Gadsden
I'm not as good as documenting nor was my trip as scenic as CenterPole or Reddog's trips but my Pig made it back from Rowlett to Lake Brownwood to Midland this weekend without issues. The AC blew cold and I didn't pass a single vehicle because I cruised right around 100Km/hr (62-65mph)

reddog90
AG
reddog90 said:

Bid up to $80k in the closing minutes.
GeeBee
AG
I drive by this place all the time on Blvd 26 NRH. At any given time there's 30 plus Toyotas sitting out there. FJ40, FJ60, 80's pickups, FJ80's. A few for sale. Real nice red FJ60 sitting out for sale. Lots of imported LC's sitting there as well.

Just passing along in case someone was looking for parts or a shop. Based on the cars sitting around it may be one of those places that take forever.

https://dajdasautocare.com/
TxAg20
AG
reddog90 said:

reddog90 said:

I don't know what it takes to get that from Tenerife to the US, but $80K is a steal.
reddog90
AG
TxAg20 said:

reddog90 said:

reddog90 said:

I don't know what it takes to get that from Tenerife to the US, but $80K is a steal.
LOL
Streetfighter 02
AG
GeeBee said:

I drive by this place all the time on Blvd 26 NRH. At any given time there's 30 plus Toyotas sitting out there. FJ40, FJ60, 80's pickups, FJ80's. A few for sale. Real nice red FJ60 sitting out for sale. Lots of imported LC's sitting there as well.

Just passing along in case someone was looking for parts or a shop. Based on the cars sitting around it may be one of those places that take forever.

https://dajdasautocare.com/
I've been there. The owner is very proud of himself. Recent feedback on his shop is if you want to drive your vehicle any time soon you should take your business elsewhere.
TxAg20
AG
reddog90 said:

TxAg20 said:

reddog90 said:

reddog90 said:

LOL

I take it you disagree?

I briefly looked for a clean, LHD, HDJ80 to import. I was looking at $40-$50K for decent, but worn, examples before import costs. You'll be well into 6 figures to make one as clean as the BaT model. Ian (SNLC) said we would be better off buying the cleanest US FZJ80 we could find and converting it. Fortunately, someone else had already done just that and was happy to sell to me for a healthy loss.
aTm2004
AG
I do not want to being politics into this thread, but I think there's a part of this ad that you'd like to see.

drmwvr
AG
aTm2004 said:

I do not want to being politics into this thread, but I think there's a part of this ad that you'd like to see.

I'd say she is financially stable.
Centerpole90
AG
I could have saved myself hours of reading a Jack Carr novel and just watched that political ad; it had it all, military, Land Cruiser, corrupt government...

Did ya'll catch the blinking message she was sending with her eyes?
"I wish I had started with a 40. FJ40 are the best." /repeat
MR Gadsden
Centerpole90 said:

I could have saved myself hours of reading a Jack Carr novel and just watched that political ad; it had it all, military, Land Cruiser, corrupt government...

Did ya'll catch the blinking message she was sending with her eyes?
"I wish I had started with a 40. FJ40 are the best." /repeat

I think you might need to brush up on your Morse code.
Centerpole90
AG
In my defense. That's a LOT of blinking.
Guitarsoup
AG
Somehow water leaked into the back of my 98 LC100 when it rained yesterday. Pulled out the big plastic toolbox the previous owner built, which was kind of a cluster.

Going to build my own in the next couple weeks (months?)

Probably just going to have drawers for now, but may adjust more for camping as my son and I camp more (when it is cooler, because no way I can sleep in the heat.

Haven't decided if I am going to go with 8020 or wood framing.

I've looked at a lot, but do like this guy's build for my needs.

MR Gadsden
One to watch on BAT

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1999-toyota-land-cruiser-55/
MTTANK
AG
Would not mind owning that one. Wish it had grey interior though.
GIG 'EM
reddog90
AG
TxAg20 said:

reddog90 said:

TxAg20 said:

reddog90 said:

reddog90 said:

LOL

I take it you disagree?

I briefly looked for a clean, LHD, HDJ80 to import. I was looking at $40-$50K for decent, but worn, examples before import costs. You'll be well into 6 figures to make one as clean as the BaT model. Ian (SNLC) said we would be better off buying the cleanest US FZJ80 we could find and converting it. Fortunately, someone else had already done just that and was happy to sell to me for a healthy loss.
Oh I have no idea. I thought you were poking fun at yourself at your recent acquisition and/or your project at Ian's. I agree that the -ft 80's I've seen come out of the Canary Islands are in the $40-50 range. But I have no idea how hard they've been run and they are much higher miles than the BaT one.
reddog90
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Somehow water leaked into the back of my 98 LC100 when it rained yesterday. Pulled out the big plastic toolbox the previous owner built, which was kind of a cluster.

Probably just going to have drawers for now, but may adjust more for camping as my son and I camp more (when it is cooler, because no way I can sleep in the heat.

Here are some other nice ones

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1993-hdj80-platform-diy-build-camping-daily-hybrid-use.1282795/
Guitarsoup
AG
reddog90 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Here are some other nice ones

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1993-hdj80-platform-diy-build-camping-daily-hybrid-use.1282795/
Thanks. I've looked around Mud some. Like his use of t-track and that bottom plate of plywood. I am debating taking the carpet out, putting in deadener, then putting something else in the cargo area rather than carpet. I'd like to store some of my boating stuff and camping stuff in there, but be able to use it for cargo (doing a lot of remodeling right now) and I need the back seat for the kids.
Street Fighter
AG
Centerpole90 said:

You ever get out to take a picture, look back, and think "I hope that mf'er don't roll away." ??

This actually happened to me.
Centerpole90
AG
aaaaaaaaaannnnnddd.............

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.