Landcruisers

522,461 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by AgCMT
MR Gadsden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks. I went with the Walmart specials. Some Forceum M/T 08's. They had good reviews and were $458 for 5 tires, delivered. I found a place in town to balance them and put them on.

beats the $1017 discount quoted.

Of course I don't have the warranty that discount gives, but hell I could buy another set if I need to and still break even.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
So which one of you lives near Jaycee Park? Nice looking vintage LR with an A&M sticker on the back.
drumboy
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

So which one of you lives near Jaycee Park? Nice looking vintage LR with an A&M sticker on the back.

Sir, this is the LandCruiser thread but if you're talking about a green Defender then that's my neighbor on the East side that's moving across the bayou near Jaycee.

It's a nice RHD Defender.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Oops. I didn't get a close look and assumed I'd seen a vintage LC. Can't think of the last time I saw a Defender in the wild.
drumboy
AG
How bad is the 100 series LX AHC delete? I saw one for sale that needs AHC work and it's tempting.
Streetfighter 02
AG
How have y'all been able to remove door pins on the 40-series without damaging the paint or denting your door?
Centerpole90
AG
I didn't remove my doors because of this when I had the top off. I took a look at it and tapped on one and it didn't just just jump out so I aborted the mission. Of course, I had a high school age driver as the second most common operator - so I didn't really put much effort into getting them off. I feel your pain.
aTm2004
AG
Ran across this. Dude is a weird guy but damn that's nice.

https://instagr.am/p/B7G6Sz8hgdN
Centerpole90
AG
I'll be dang. I had forgotten about Tom Green. He had some serious health issues about the end of his 15 minutes - glad he's still kicking and into LCs. If he was in any movie, series or other outlet besides his IG since " the Chad was great" scene.... I haven't seen it.
bbry81
Finally got it back and cleaned up. Any ideas on its value?

https://imgur.com/a/IxM9M56
drumboy
AG
bbry81 said:

Finally got it back and cleaned up. Any ideas on its value?

https://imgur.com/a/IxM9M56

Are those sweet slides included?
Aggietaco
AG
I think you're in the $5k range on the LC. Maybe could stretch it some more with some better cleaning and seat covers.
bbry81
Is there a good carpet cleaner that you would suggest? I was hoping no less than 5k
Mumbo Jimbo

Y'all have any idea what it takes ($) to bring that back to life ? More than $5k
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Diesel, nice
Streetfighter 02
AG
I got the passenger side off with a punch and sledge. No damage to door. Driver side I got the top pin to move about 1/2" and the bottom about 1/8". Luckily the bolts aren't painted over so I pulled the bolts. Most folks recommend using an air chisel. I will probably try this at a buddy's house sometime later to get the pins off the driver side. I'm considering getting the quickhinge things from the guy on mud and a can of matched spray paint.

I also bought the OEM side view mirrors. There is not quite enough movement on the passenger side to get the angle needed. I'm going to need to bend the arm where the mirror connects and see if it helps. I need a vice and I don't mean another addiction.
aTm2004
AG
Diesel and manual. Haven't seen too many of those.
reddog90
AG
I used a brass drift and a small sledge. Just be sure to swing carefully. Then put antiseize on the pins when you reinstall, and install the top pin upside down. Or get the quick hinges.
reddog90
AG
Detailed the 40 over the weekend. My PO did not take care of the paint but it cleaned up well enough for my liking. The hood was in pretty poor condition but M7 rehydrated the paint well.

aTm2004
AG
I really hate you when you post pics of that thing. And by hate, I mean have an uncomfortable jealous rage.
MTTANK
AG
You ready to get rid of that thing yet??
GIG 'EM
reddog90
AG
Ha, thanks guys. She's a labor of love. Not quite ready to let go of it yet. We had a baby a couple months ago so I need a forward facing rear bench now. Or a 60...
MR Gadsden
55 is a good option.
Complete Idiot
Local Land Cruiser shop gave me a quote for $9K in repairs on my 100 series yesterday. Just wanted some fluid flushes and cold A/C man! A/C quote was only $320, that was good news.
drumboy
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Local Land Cruiser shop gave me a quote for $9K in repairs on my 100 series yesterday. Just wanted some fluid flushes and cold A/C man! A/C quote was only $320, that was good news.
What else needs to be fixed?!
meggy09
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Was it Frisbee? They wanted to charge me $3500 for a timing belt replacement and said they wouldn't touch it if I didn't agree to a lot of other work because they new what was best for 100's.
Centerpole90
AG
Child protective services for LCs.
Complete Idiot
I wanted brake fluid, power steering fluid, MAF cleaned, PCV replaced, Yoke lubed and shaft bolt tighterened, and coolant replaced, as well as cold A/C.

On top of that they said front rotors need replacement, steering rack needs to be replaced ($$), new front CV axle and boot($), rear main seal leak repaired($$), and since they think the oil pump is leaking and due to the fact it's difficult to get to they recommended full timing belt/water pump service in addition to new O Ring on the oil pump($$$$). I just had new timing belt/water pump/etc 15K miles ago.
Complete Idiot
No, a Central Texas shop. THey are good, but my cynical side makes me wonder if the 15% off coupon makes them recommend more than is needed.
meggy09
AG
It was nuts. I was just trying to get it where I was comfortable driving it from Dallas to Denver since the timing belt hadn't been done in 140k. I even ended up talking with their mechanic and told him all I wanted was the timing belt, water pump etc. Refused to do just that and went through a laundry list of stuff they would require be done. Wtf.

Got a part time mechanic to do it for $1,200 and now 30k miles later all is just fine.
meggy09
AG
What's your mileage? I'm not looking forward to messing with the steering rack.
Complete Idiot
214K for mine.

It's been running great, no complaints until A/C blew hot. I even found where freon was leaking (line to rear a/C where it enters the cab near rear bumper), I was happy to hear they would just try some new o rings and recharge the system - that would be great if that's all it is. It's never left a drip on my garage floor so I don't care about rear main seal or oil pump at this point. I told this guy my old 80 leaked and dripped a lot, my "new" Cruiser is perfect as long as nothing hits the garage floor.
Centerpole90
AG
CPjr and I went all in this afternoon on something we should have done years ago. The PO of our FJ40 put a very nice carpet kit in it. It was an aftermarket kit and he did a nice job of putting it in, even if he left about half the bolts out of everything when he put stuff like the roll bar and seats back in. Regardless, the carpet just sucked the 40ness out of the 40. We took the roof off a couple summers ago but the carpet filled up with dirt and it was a hassle so we discontinued the practice. This year we decided to that all the stuff we've got planned and prepped to do to make the engine bay original should extend to the inside...

we unleashed the beast by pulling the carpet out and are getting ready to paint he floor and put in the rubber mat; like Toyota intended. We were happy we didn't find any unpleasant surprises we weren't already well aware of under there. Floors are solid; so that was good.

Now CPjr will become well acquainted the next couple days with his new best friends: acetone and GoofOff while he tries to get all the carpet adhesive off.

tamu05ag
Anyone know much about the Elite Landcruiser company out of Katy, TX that does complete rebuilds?
Cuterebra
AG
Any opinions on the severity of undercarriage rust on this fzj80?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-toyota-land-cruiser-8/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.