Landcruisers

516,268 Views | 3492 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TxAg20
DeadCiv
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tk for tu juan said:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-toyota-land-cruiser-fj62-34/
This auction is about to close in an hour or so, and it's still sitting under $10,000.

Non-original color, new radio, some rust is keeping the price down it seems.

Would be a great driver IMHO
tk for tu juan
Not wanting to mess with transferring it from Canada into the US probably kept some from bidding on it, even with the 25 year old exemption
MR Gadsden
I can speak from experience, it's a giant pain in the ass.
reddog90
AG
https://www.iseecars.com/longest-lasting-cars-study

Quote:

Full-size SUVs led by Toyota models are the longest-lasting vehicles that are most likely to reach 200,000 miles or more, according to a new study by automotive research firm and car search engine iSeeCars.com.

iSeeCars analyzed over 15.8 million cars sold in 2019 to determine which models have the highest percentage of cars that reached 200,000 miles.
aggiederelict
I got 210000 on my 4Runner. Would love to get 300000. It will take me a while since I only put 10000 a year on it as my daily driver.
Complete Idiot
213K on my '06 Cruiser, but I don't daily drive it.
fwag04
AG
Close to 235K on my 05 that I DD, but I bought it with 199k. Bought it with the hopes of making it to 500K, but that's going to be a long, long time.
MR Gadsden
I have 101000 km. Whatever that equals
reddog90
AG
I have 82 on my '76. Is that 82, 182, 282? Oh well.
meggy09
AG
255k on my '00 LX
Aggietaco
AG
Lots of cruisers on Auto trader with over 300k on the clock.
reddog90
AG
Quote:

Toyota Land Cruiser

The Land Cruiser will reportedly receive changes many have been crying out for. Namely, it will be a dedicated off-roader, instead of a luxury yacht. The next generation will allegedly have just five seats and be significantly cheaper. The report did not provide a launch date.
https://gearpatrol.com/2020/02/18/new-toyota-land-cruiser-tundra-details/

Furlock Bones
AG
reddog90 said:

Quote:

Toyota Land Cruiser

The Land Cruiser will reportedly receive changes many have been crying out for. Namely, it will be a dedicated off-roader, instead of a luxury yacht. The next generation will allegedly have just five seats and be significantly cheaper. The report did not provide a launch date.
https://gearpatrol.com/2020/02/18/new-toyota-land-cruiser-tundra-details/

please lord let this be true.
SteveA
AG
Wouldn't that just be a 4Runner?
Greener Acres
AG
Or the Prado

eta - read the rest of the article and it appears the Land Cruiser/LX will be unique from the GX which is the Prado.
GrapevineAg
AG
Next LC Could Replace the V8 with a Hybrid V6:

Quote:

We reported last year that a trademark filing suggested Toyota could be upgrading the Land Cruiser and its Lexus sibling to the twin-turbo V6 found in the slinky LS sedan. But the Japanese report (which was dug up by Motor Trend) suggests that it won't be the solo performer that makes 416 horsepower in the LS 500, but rather the naturally-aspirated V6 attached to a pair of electric motors that's found in the LC 500h and LS 500h.

Even more controversially, that powertrain will reportedly send that power to all four wheels via a continuously-variable transmission, better known (and widely loathed) as a CVT. Four-wheel-drive with low range will still be available, according to the report.
reddog90
AG
All I can say is they better do this right and offer versions like the rest of the world gets. Don't just give us FJ Cruiser redux.
Centerpole90
AG
If they did, Can you imagine what the already crazy market of used land cruisers would do?

remko12
AG
Looking for one or possibly two, 2016-2017 land cruiser in the Houston area with less than 85k miles. Text me 713-447-seven one 39
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
remko12 said:

Looking for one or possibly two, 2016-2017 land cruiser in the Houston area with less than 85k miles. Text me 713-447-seven one 39
TxAg20
AG
I have a '17 LC with 30,000 miles. Not really looking to sell unless you're paying enough to buy a 2020.
remko12
AG
New ones go for $50K right? If so we got a deal!

All jokes aside, I've got a lead on a '16 that I'm considering and a dealer looking for another one. Fingers crossed.
remko12
AG
Still on the hunt for a '16/'17 previous one had too many miles. Looking for a '16/'17 with <60K miles.
bbry81
I have an 01 LC with about 250k miles on it. I am getting the water pump replaced this week then I am looking to get rid of it. I have no idea how much it is worth. The interior is in pretty rough shape. The exterior is not too bad. It does have some dings in it but nothing super bad. Any idea what I should ask for it? Thanks for any help
drumboy
AG
bbry81 said:

I have an 01 LC with about 250k miles on it. I am getting the water pump replaced this week then I am looking to get rid of it. I have no idea how much it is worth. The interior is in pretty rough shape. The exterior is not too bad. It does have some dings in it but nothing super bad. Any idea what I should ask for it? Thanks for any help
No clue, but post pictures.
MR Gadsden
I took the FJ55 to discount tire today because I've got her running good and been driving her more often. I noticed a shake at around 55 and figured it was a good idea to get the tires checked out and discount said they were open and weren't busy. So off I go.

I get there and the guy tells me my tires are 11 years old and they won't service them. Well, crap. I didn't have time to get new tires today and I wanted to do some research on what to buy.

Im not planning on putting a ton of miles on the truck maybe drive it a couple times a week at most. So at first I was thinking about getting some BF Goodrich AT's but they are around $150 a tire. Then I looked at some Crosswind M/Ts for around $100 a tire. But I've never had any experience with that brand.

I'd like a pretty aggressive tread tire, I think they look better. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Centerpole90
AG
What size is on there now? We need to send up the reddog90 bat signal - he researched every tire made when he was shopping for his 40... well, every tire that was black and round anyway.
MR Gadsden
235/75/R15 now. I'm sure RDog will be by this thread soon enough. I think he runs his rig more than I probably will run mine, but who knows. Since I got the fuel issue straightened out I've had it out the last 3 days for one reason or another.
Centerpole90
AG
He bought Maxxis RZR M/T in 33x10.5 r15 and then I bought some just like them on a New Year's sale that netted me almost getting the 5 tires for the price of 4 (haven't put them on yet). That tire is pretty meaty and even if its in the ballpark of 'tall and skinny' its not really s k i n n y. My 40 currently has Cooper Discovers 31x10.5 r15 and they are a 27.5" tire even though they're nominally 31s. The RZR are nominal 33 and they're true diameter is 32+". These new tires are going to be a big jump for me.

I mainly jumped in here to give you guff for worrying about $30, $40, or $50 a tire when you just freaking bought an iron pig half the world away!!! Too late to get cheap now!!
MR Gadsden
Good point. But oil was at $65 a barrel then so we are cutting back expenses just in case me or my wife end up unemployed at some point. Sad reality right now.

But I do "need" the pig running in case the SHTF and zombies and all.
Centerpole90
AG
Cotton is no different.

We are all same my friend.

On a more pleasant note, I pray we can all look back on this and maybe smile a little at the 2021 Annual Texags Land Cruiser Aggie Baseball Game Meat-Up
MR Gadsden
Got the Pig some new kicks

*edit because I can never get the damned image thing correct on here the first time

Centerpole90
AG
What roof rack is that?? Is the something you added??
MR Gadsden
It came with it. I'd have to look closer and see if I can find a brand.
Centerpole90
AG
Looks good, I was just curious. Roof racks are an acquired taste but when they are done right they look good.

Truck looks awesome! Well done on the tires.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.