Landcruisers

522,662 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by AgCMT
mrmill3218
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some sweet (and rare) Cruisers I came across walking around Bozeman, MT.

Two 70 series and one diesel 80. All LHD.

Guitarsoup
AG
My wife is going to have to drive my Landcruiser tomorrow.

allMondjoy
Got a 2000 LC with 200k.
ABS and Trac lights came on recently.
Then intermittent braking incedents started where front brakes grab and let go with me having foot on brakes. WTF?
CaptnCarl
AG
Rented a 200 and took it camping in Colorado this past weekend. Great vehicle. Biggest drawback was no downhill braking assist, so the vehicle accelerated down the passes without braking.

Grown Pear
AG
Love them! Spill the beans on the 70's… years? Have they been renvovated to look newer? Kept on a property they don't need emissions and registration?
drmwvr
AG
I just put the shifter in sport mode and downshift to keep the transmission in a lower gear with no issues in Colorado. Assuming you mean at highway speeds. If slower, that is what crawl control is for. Glad you enjoyed it!
drmwvr
AG
First "mod" on my new to me 200. Tinted the front windows. Ceramic coat is next. Went with the same tint as my '10.

RVAg02
AG
Who is doing the ceramic? My 2013 need a full-on detail, clay, wax, the works.

Wondering if I should do that and then ceramic?
'03ag
drmwvr said:

I just put the shifter in sport mode and downshift to keep the transmission in a lower gear with no issues in Colorado. Assuming you mean at highway speeds. If slower, that is what crawl control is for. Glad you enjoyed it!
yeah never had any trouble on the highway using manual shift.

And down off road passes 4L + S1 gets down A LOT of stuff without the need for braking or crawl control.
Shane431
AG
allMondjoy said:

Got a 2000 LC with 200k.
ABS and Trac lights came on recently.
Then intermittent braking incedents started where front brakes grab and let go with me having foot on brakes. WTF?

Ih8mud.com is your friend. Could be brake MC going out.
drmwvr
AG
Fabian at MBC Tint Pros. A TexAgs Houston forum endorsed vendor for years.
reddog90
AG
drmwvr said:

Fabian at MBC Tint Pros. A TexAgs Houston forum endorsed vendor for years.
He tinted my 200. I need to have him do a full detail on the 200 and tint the 60 as well. He does great work.
reddog90
AG
mrmill3218 said:

That 76 series with the alucab thor is the *****
drewser95
AG
CaptnCarl said:

Rented a 200 and took it camping in Colorado this past weekend. Great vehicle. Biggest drawback was no downhill braking assist, so the vehicle accelerated down the passes without braking.

Where do you rent something like that - Turo?
DatTallArchitect
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Two cool Cruisers on my commute this afternoon:

1. No pic but spotted a black 100 series with an ATM decal and custom TX plate "92 MESH" in Oak Hill on Hwy 71. Maybe a big Air Raid guy / coach?

2. Nice looking 40 for sale down the road on 290 towards Dripping Springs. Definitely laughed and hopped back in my car with the quickness at that price though!

My dad had a '68 in that paint scheme. That brings back a lot of memories. Learned how to drive in it with its 3 on the tree
CaptnCarl
AG
Yes, used Turo. First Turo experience and went smooth.

Turns out another poster has this exact same cruiser booked tomorrow.
drumboy
AG
This seems like someone got a great deal for $20,500.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3gDMvYGy/2008-lexus-lx-570

Centerpole90
AG
I know this may not be as big as deal for you >80 series guys, but for we older series dudes - seeing this on the porch is cause for celebration. Time to turn some wrenches!
'03ag
Damn. That one is in my neck of the woods. Seen it a few times. Someone got a good deal.

Also I took my 4yo to Red River NM this weekend. Just me and him in a tent. Someone was renting my trailer. He loves the tent. Maybe when it cools off we'll hit LBJ this fall.

Didn't do much trail but I did play around with this tripod a bit.

davido
AG
mrmill3218 said:

That 80 hood bulge makes it move. Good looking rides.
reddog90
AG
What is it?
Centerpole90
AG
Clutch master
Clutch slave
Fuse box w/ cover

I'm going to take some voltage readings around the truck and verify my voltmeter before I buy a voltage regulator.
Aggietaco
AG
Finally.

MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Hey-o! Congrats!
Shaggie 05
AG
Ran across this guy sitting beside the road in Hamilton Montana. Looks like a very clean dash/inside as well. Trying to convince my wife we need it, with my FIL as a backup plan. Already told him I'd find a way to get it home.
drmwvr
AG
Congrats!
Idiot Savant
AG
Congrats, I'm sure your patience will be justified. Details?
Aggietaco
AG
Been looking for one for the wife and growing Taco family for a while now. Almost had one similar but a 2018 model from OK about 2 months ago but dealership sold it to a local buyer after I placed a deposit. Called this dealer the day they listed it as a 2021 non heritage CPO in my wife's preferred colors and haggled with them the entire month of August until we got where I wanted to be on the last day of the month. Used my lemon squad credit from the failed OK purchase and this was a CPO with extensive records at the dealer, so I flew out Wednesday morning to NO, dropped off a check, picked up some macarons for the wife and women in the family, grabbed a few char-grilled oysters and red beans, and made the 8 hour drive back to Austin with a stop at Bucees in Baytown.

Would like to build this LC out a bit, but it will be the wife's for the next several years. Plan to keep and eye on the secondary market and see what I can acquire in the mean time. Garage is pretty tight at our current place, so no height changes for a while and the tires only have 2-3k on them, but I'm keeping my eye out for some black TRD pro bbs wheels from the 2nd gen Tundra for when I can put some mild A/T's on.
Idiot Savant
AG
Solid. My wife's driving "our" 2019 LC for now, too. Hope yours doesn't love driving it as much as mine does! Love the Tundra TRD wheels, but we're rolling the 20" Tundra TSS wheels and A/Ts.
stevopike
AG
Congrats! Twins!
KY AG
AG
Aggietaco
AG
Damnit stevo, didn't know you had the bbs wheels too. Let me know if you see some pop up.
Aggietaco
AG
This is definitely her ride for the next several years. I still have my Tundra (for now) and my company wheels. When shes ready to move on, I'll keep it.
Bones97
AG
I may have a set of black pro bbs wheels for sale. I did a little upgrade a few weeks ago:
'03ag
I could be in line behind Taco

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.