Landcruisers

522,663 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by AgCMT
'03ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
my brother sent me this, from somewhere in the Italian Alps.

K Bo
AG
This just popped up around the corner from me
Furlock Bones
AG
I was running in the Heights in Houston 2 weeks ago and there was a gorgeous blue 60 series. I should have stopped and gotten pics. Unfortunately I don't remember what street it was parked on. So I've been randomly running in the general vicinity hoping to find it.
Centerpole90
AG
We'll need the deets on that…. You know…. For market research.
K Bo
AG
I'd planned on texting them this morning. I'll revert with the deets. In passing this morning it looks pretty clean.
reddog90
AG
K Bo said:

This just popped up around the corner from me

Goodbye 80
K Bo
AG
lol, my wife texted me the same this morning.
'03ag
This guy sittin' around wondering how he suddenly got 100 texts on his cruiser.
K Bo
AG
Response from the seller of the above '85:

He's asking $12k. He bought it in 2015. Odo reads just under 240k. The engine was rebuilt by Javier's about 15k mi ago. He says mechanically it's in great shape and he drives it often. He does mention it needs some work, as most '85s likely do, but doesn't say what that is. Cosmetically, it needs some TLC. Typical gutter "rot" on passenger side and there's a spot below the gas cap that needs attention.

He's out of town this week back Sat, at which point I plan on walking over to get a better look. I'll try to get more info/pics for anyone that might be interested.
drumboy
AG
Furlock Bones said:

I was running in the Heights in Houston 2 weeks ago and there was a gorgeous blue 60 series. I should have stopped and gotten pics. Unfortunately I don't remember what street it was parked on. So I've been randomly running in the general vicinity hoping to find it.

If it has the orange Ivan Stewart rainbow then it was Alexandra Mealers
Furlock Bones
AG
That was it!
K Bo
AG
Is that really her 60 or was it borrowed/used for her commercials?
drumboy
AG
K Bo said:

Is that really her 60 or was it borrowed/used for her commercials?

I saw her driving in the Kroger parking lot a couple weeks after the election. Didn't check registration
K Bo
AG
awesome!
Furlock Bones
AG

Centerpole90
AG
Nice. Someone with taste who is willing to sweat their *ss off, hold up traffic, and risk being occasionally stranded; all to nab that coveted Compact Car spot.
Furlock Bones
AG
the guy daily drives it. i'm going to assume he lives close to downtown.
Aggietaco
AG
I'm still in the market for a '16-up LC if anyone has friends or family looking to sell.

Lots of almost deals, plus one deal where car was double sold, but still on the hunt.
drmwvr
AG
I have a '10 with no rust what will be for sale later this year
DDSO
AG
drmwvr said:

I have a '10 with no rust what will be for sale later this year

Details please.
Aggietaco
AG
Keep it and sell me your new 19.
K Bo
AG
Came home at lunch to find the neighbor's 60 parked in front of my house. He sent me a text and said he needed to get it out of the way while the moving truck was there and he figured it wouldn't be a problem in front of my house as it'll likely end up there, anyway. LOL!

My wife is out of town so I sent her a picture of it in front of the house. She was not amused.

Anyway, I got a better look at some of the rust on the 60. Pics below.

Aggietaco
AG
lol at your text to the wife. That rust at the drip rail is intense. Hope you're up on your tack welding skills.
K Bo
AG
yeah, that's pretty gnarly. I don't even know what to guess the cost would be to repair that.
Centerpole90
AG
The underside doesn't look too bad at all. Shame it's so rusty up top. The fix would be a lot cheaper if you got good at cutting and bending sheet metal, but that is NOT the kind of tinkering I enjoy. I can do, but very much dread: bodywork.
RED AG 98
AG
Two cool Cruisers on my commute this afternoon:

1. No pic but spotted a black 100 series with an ATM decal and custom TX plate "92 MESH" in Oak Hill on Hwy 71. Maybe a big Air Raid guy / coach?

2. Nice looking 40 for sale down the road on 290 towards Dripping Springs. Definitely laughed and hopped back in my car with the quickness at that price though!

drmwvr
AG
So, after 200,000 miles on my '10, my horn stops working when the steering wheel was turned approximately 45 degrees from dead center. Works perfectly the rest of the rotation. After some quick internet sleuthing on IH8Mud and YouTube, I figured out that the steering wheel clock spring had worn out (sometime causes the airbag light to go off even though mine didn't). Should I have my trusted mechanic fix it? Boring…. working with a live airbag sounded like fun so after educating myself on a few how to videos and ordering a new Toyota clock spring, I was able to fix the issue in less than an hour! If this happens to you, I recommend fixing it yourself as it was easy if you follow the instructions and the Clockspring was just over $200. Who knows what a mechanic would charge.

reddog90
AG
RED AG 98 said:

What a joke
reddog90
AG
I'm guessing there is a fuse or some way to disable the airbag before tackling this? Not sure I'd have the brass to do it otherwise.
Centerpole90
AG
I did it on my F350 a week ago.

Disconnect batteries and wait 30 minutes is the protocol I followed. That said - I never got in front of it when plugging and unplugging it and kept pretty good discipline with my screwdriver and other tools. I didn't want to be the guy whose skull was in the Smithsonian with a screwdriver run through his eye socket.

edit for atrocious grammar error
drmwvr
AG
reddog90 said:

I'm guessing there is a fuse or some way to disable the airbag before tackling this? Not sure I'd have the brass to do it otherwise.
All I did was disconnect the battery before starting the project. I did not wait any significant amount of time before I started disassembling the steering wheel. I did however, after reconnecting the battery, start the car by essentially laying on the floorboard and holding down the brake peddle and pushing the start button. That way, at least from my perspective, the air bag would go off over me if starting the car triggered anything!
FamousAgg
2 ratchet straps crossed the steering wheel will do it
reddog90
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CwafbpPAGE9

Our very own cstav86
Centerpole90
AG
Wow. What a cool series of photographs!!! If I had cool shots like that of my rig I'd rent a billboard in my hometown and subject the whole community to them.

ETA - and hats off to cstav. It's hard to believe that truck didn't have a top and he was patient and lucky enough to find one that matched - or could be made to match - PERFECTLY. That's not easy to do with a patina truck.
cstav86
Appreciate that @reddog90 and @Centerpole90 that was a great trip and Chris took some incredible photos.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.