Landcruisers

520,274 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by AgCMT
reddog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like he's got some of them city racer LED lights.
TheVarian
AG
I'm between the GX460 and the 4Runner at the moment. But then I saw this post...

https://imgur.com/gallery/yEX66Zj
WildcatAg
AG
TheVarian said:

I'm between the GX460 and the 4Runner at the moment. But then I saw this post...

We were in the same place ~1 month ago. I was leaning towards the 4Runner but the wife preferred the GX. We got the GX and while there is nothing wrong with the 4Runner i am glad she won out. I am trying (unsuccessfully) to convince her that she needs to drive the F150 and I drive the GX.
Garrelli 5000
AG
TheVarian said:

I never had a purpose in life before. Now I do.
Take the trash out staff.
Centerpole90
AG
Spotted in Lewisville... someone's Christmas gift with Colorado plates arriving a little late.

FC12
This may be blasphemy, but how does an 04-06 year model 4x4 Sequoia stack up here? I've had two 2wd versions and they were solid. Seems it would be better than a GX470 since you can get them without the air suspension. Plus, they are much cheaper.
reddog90
AG
Not a LC, but I recently spent some time in Thailand and noticed a lot of Toyota Fortuners. They are about the size of our 4runners, but they are styled much nicer imo and have a diesel engine option. They are based off the Hilux platform and were originally designed in Thailand. I really wish we could get them here.

aggiepaintrain
AG
FC12 said:

This may be blasphemy, but how does an 04-06 year model 4x4 Sequoia stack up here? I've had two 2wd versions and they were solid. Seems it would be better than a GX470 since you can get them without the air suspension. Plus, they are much cheaper.

I would not get an old Sequoia, they are money pits.
Coin
aggiepaintrain said:

FC12 said:

I would not get an old Sequoia, they are money pits.

Compared to a Landcrusier, GX, 4Runner, they aren't the same.
However, you can get them cheap,they have the same V8, will be Toyota reliable, and have plenty of room.
If you have a hardon for a Landcrusier,,don't buy a Sequoia. Only disappointed you will be.
HBCanine08
AG
Who's buying this?

https://www.japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1993-toyota-land-cruiser/

sts7049
AG
one of my coworkers drove one of these (the SW4). it looks nice, but i was never really impressed sitting inside. it's pretty cramped and a little dated.

it took quite a beating though and never seemed to have an issue.
TxAG-010
AG
Maybe the wrong thread..but y'all know way more about cars than I do. What's the deal with this Land Rover?
Seems it would be more expensive.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-land-rover-santana-defender/
reddog90
AG

40/60 work day at a fellow cruiser head's epic garage.
Centerpole90
AG
That blue 40 is Sbc conversion, correct?

His Ig video had me back looking for the mint green one in Victoria. Thankfully it is gone.
AggieMPH2005
This thread has me shopping for a 100 series.
reddog90
AG
Yes it's got a sbc and original 3 spd. REALLY clean body. He's installing an OME lift and 33" KO2s on steelies this weekend.
reddog90
AG
AggieMPH2005 said:

This thread has me shopping for a 100 series.
Good.
AG
TxAG-010 said:

Maybe the wrong thread..but y'all know way more about cars than I do. What's the deal with this Land Rover?
Seems it would be more expensive.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-land-rover-santana-defender/

Its not a defender, and its not even really a land rover

See the leaf springs towards the end of the gallery, defenders are all coil sprung.
TxAG-010
AG
Interesting..thanks for info! I stumbled across it the other day and saw the price was $8k. However it ended up selling for $22.5k today so it gained traction.
AG
reddog90
AG
Thread bump with some work on my 40. Changed motor oil (w/ big toyota filter) and all gear oil, all new drain and fill plugs (magnetic hex key in axles, trans and TC), new oil pressure sending unit and wiring harness from my mud parts guy, removed air rail and did a proper plug and cap kit, new aftermarket water temp sender, valve adjustment, checked timing, rebuilt center arm, new OME steering stabilizer, new TREs, rebuilt drag link end. Tie rods, center arm housing and arm, pitman arm and drag link parts were scraped, wire brushed, cleaned with simple green, scrubbed with CLR and green scotchbrite, treated with rust converter, then a couple coats of rustoleum pro. Healthy doses of fluid film inside the steering rods. I will probably replace them if/when I do a power steering conversion in a year or two. I'm about to rebuild my knuckles and warn hubs, go through my brakes, then it's on to suspension and tires, then get the damn thing to the desert.

Wondering where 1ags has been with his cool mustard 40...
KY AG
AG
Beautiful
reddog90
AG
Thanks it's fun!
reddog90
AG

Started on knuckles over the weekend.
mrsemilyanne
Looking for a good Land Cruiser mechanic in or around Bryan/College Station. Any suggestions?

Thank You
OlArmy01
AG
Reddog getting after it. I like. Well done sir.

Anytime you are in North Austin, stop on by and feel free to get dirty on my FJ
Centerpole90
AG
You're behind me in line.

ETA - anyone who wants to get their late model Land Cruiser fix... watch the new Amazon Prime series 'The Widow'. The story is great, the star is hawt, and RHD late-model Land Cruisers & LC pickups abound.
Complete Idiot
Got sideswiped on I-10 while going 80 in my 100 series over the weekend. Bent fender a bit but easy to retain control, I guess the weight helped.

Car that hit me went sliding sideways and spinning on I-10 in fairly heavy traffic - somehow no further collisions (I'm assuming because only I and a car stuck in median stayed on the scene). I called the cops and was thinking the car in median was the one that hit me - nope, the one that hit me fled so accident report reflects a hit and run. Car in median had only tried to avoid spinning car.

I was two car lengths (probably too close at 80 MPH but it was heavy traffic) behind car in front of me in left lane, car flew up on right and tried to shoot in the gap, incredibly misjudged it I guess. Or under the influence, it was really ridiculous driving and could have hurt many people.
Centerpole90
AG
Dude. That sucks.

So you PITted him?
reddog90
AG
OlArmy01 said:

Reddog getting after it. I like. Well done sir.

Anytime you are in North Austin, stop on by and feel free to get dirty on my FJ
Thanks it's a lot of "fun"
Centerpole90
AG
reddog90 said:

Thanks it's a lot of "fun"
That's how OlArmy described working on the top for his40...

" *fun* "
Complete Idiot
Centerpole90 said:

Dude. That sucks.

So you PITted him?
Not truly, but I was telling people that.

In a true pit I think the car you are pitting would kind of go across the front of your car. In the case of my incident, his car hit mine in the right place for a pit but I was moving away, not "through" the pit maneuver. And they overreacted after being hit, jerked right, slammed on brakes, and slid due to that.

Ah **** it, I pitted that *******!
Jrod05
AG
If your in north Austin I am too I'm happy to help I'm breaking down mine this offseason again after finishing the motor swap. I'm doing suspension changes and then paint.
meggy09
AG
Anyone got recs for a PPI in Dallas? Got a deposit down on a 2000 LX 470.
aggiepaintrain
AG
this 06 LX470 is in College Station, it's nice

https://www.pittstopautotx.com/mobile/mdetails.aspx?vid=26567481
FJB

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.