Landcruisers

507,418 Views | 3457 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by reddog90
meggy09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
meggy09 said:

Anyone got recs for a PPI in Dallas? Got a deposit down on a 2000 LX 470.

Got this taken care of, family picking it up tomorrow. Need to get the timing belt done before driving it back to Denver. Any recs? Preferably near Midlothian. Anyone done business with Frisbee?
Dr. Venkman
AG
Just got my first Land Cruiser yesterday. 1993 FZJ80 with front/rear lockers. 200k on the clock. All stock and in remarkable shape.

Waltonloads08
AG
Nice.

Head Gasket and small heater hose done? Fan clutch? Radiator? Brakes?

Welcome to the 80 series clurb. We are all idiots.
Dr. Venkman
AG
No on head gasket. Didn't get any service records, but plan to call the shop where it was maintained. $5500 and it ran well so I didn't ask many questions.
Complete Idiot
CEL on my Land Cruiser (2006) today, one day before planning to take it to Big bend. I hate the timing! Running fine, haven't pulled code yet.

Nice score on the 93! Sold my 96, with 242k miles on it, to a guy in Colorado. Hopefully it's still climbing hills up there.
StringerBell
AG
About to inherit my parents 2007 gx 470. Had to drop in on this thread as I figure stuff out.
aggiepaintrain
AG
I sold my 80 last week
Waltonloads08
AG

Fresh polish.
AggieGunslinger
AG
We are in the market for a '06 or '07 LX470, when we find the right one our gold '00 will be up for sale.
aTm2004
AG
StringerBell said:

About to inherit my parents 2007 gx 470. Had to drop in on this thread as I figure stuff out.

That's a pretty awful vehicle. I will give you $1,000 for it right now so you don't have to deal with the headache.
StringerBell
AG
aTm2004 said:

StringerBell said:

That's a pretty awful vehicle. I will give you $1,000 for it right now so you don't have to deal with the headache.

but on another note if anyone knows of a good mechanic in the round rock/plugerville/georgetown area pls let me know
91AggieLawyer
AG
Is a 12-15 year old 470 reliable and comfortable enough for a daily? Never driven one.
Dr. Venkman
AG
I'm driving the '93 above daily.
AggieGunslinger
AG
My wife has been driving a '00 with 255k miles on it daily for the last year. We have only had minor issues, but I just replaced the starter, it was the factory one.
WildcatAg
AG
AggieGunslinger said:

We are in the market for a '06 or '07 LX470, when we find the right one our gold '00 will be up for sale.
I look forward to taking it pheasant hunting

*We now have an 18 460.
Complete Idiot
Drove my '06 out to Big Bend for Spring break with the family, put on 1,327 miles and rolled 207K on the odometer. No issues, fun trip.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I almost brought the '00 this year but it would have been a little snug with three people and two dogs and all the gear.

It probably would have done better in the slop we got into on the way up.
StringerBell
AG
as long as you can put up with the awful gas mileage then yes.
Greener Acres
Quote:

Is a 12-15 year old 470 reliable and comfortable enough for a daily? Never driven one.
I bought a 2007 GX 470 at the end of last year and it is my daily driver. I split between long trips to clients (2+ hours) and city driving. Both are great. The gas (premium) mileage stinks but its comfortable and spacious enough. I came from an F-150 which had tons of interior space and was great on the highway. I was worried about both of those changing. The comfort is the same on the highway but its easier to drive around town. My interior space has just relocated to the back, which is fine for me.

Mine was pretty low mileage (80k) so that may make a difference, but I haven't regretted the decision.

D&C 2002
AG
We have a 05 Land Cruiser that my wife uses as her daily driver. Had the truck for about 10 years and it's still in great shape. 205,000 miles. However, it's about time for another timing belt/water pump job and could also use some tune-up work. I'm thinking plugs, coils and O2 sensors, maybe? Just trying to decide if we want to put a few more thousand $ into this one and keep it for a while or if it's time to let it go on to the next adventure. Not really sure what these things are worth at this stage of life. Seems to be a lot of enthusiast that will pay good money for a 15 year old land cruiser. Thoughts?

This is our second LC and will probably have another one or an LX in the near future. We love these trucks.
aTm2004
AG
$5k and I'll come and get it.
aTm2004
AG
Also, which good ol' Ag was at Alspaugh's in Kingwood yesterday afternoon in their 100-series
drumboy
AG
Post some pics. There was a similar year/mileage on here a while back that was selling for $8K or so but it was very clean and well maintained.

Email me pics.

mrerik@gmail.com
D&C 2002
AG
Thanks for the response! I'll see if I can get some pics later this evening. It is the maroon with grey leather interior package.
reddog90
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Drove my '06 out to Big Bend for Spring break with the family, put on 1,327 miles and rolled 207K on the odometer. No issues, fun trip.
Pics? Did you guys do any offroading or was it mainly a hiking trip?
Complete Idiot
drumboy said:

Post some pics. There was a similar year/mileage on here a while back that was selling for $8K or so but it was very clean and well maintained.

Email me pics.

mrerik@gmail.com

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action/?mdId=21381&mkId=20088&page=1&perPage=20&rd=99999&searchSource=SORT&shippable-dealers-checkbox=true&showMore=false&sort=miles-highest&yrId=20143&yrId=20199&zc=78613&localVehicles=false
Complete Idiot
reddog90 said:

Complete Idiot said:

Pics? Did you guys do any offroading or was it mainly a hiking trip?
Had our two girls and boy along on the trip, ages 12, 10, and 8, and it was mostly hiking and sight seeing. Only washboard gravel roads to deal with, probably one 2 or 3 spots I benefited from having high clearance - four wheel drive never needed. I'd like to go back on a guy's trip and tackle some of the more remote locations. I think I only got my truck in one photo, everything else family and scenery.
Centerpole90
AG
Did you PIT anyone?
drumboy
AG
Complete Idiot said:

drumboy said:

Email me pics.

mrerik@gmail.com

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action/?mdId=21381&mkId=20088&page=1&perPage=20&rd=99999&searchSource=SORT&shippable-dealers-checkbox=true&showMore=false&sort=miles-highest&yrId=20143&yrId=20199&zc=78613&localVehicles=false
The one I was thinking of was actually an 01. Pics aren't up any more but it was very clean.

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/2518547
Complete Idiot
Ha! No, I did not. That still pisses me off - it was a hit and run and they damaged my truck. It's cosmetic, but below my deductible to fix and that jerk cost me money either way.

At least I wasn't sliding sideways in terror across a crowded I-10. The only thing that keeps my anger in check is the hope they literally **** themselves.
HBCanine08
AG
Thoughts on this? Always curious about these imported LCs

https://www.japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1993-toyota-land-cruiser-vx-limited/#
sts7049
AG
22k is insane
TSJ
AG
FWIW, this one comes with a diesel so that saves you 10-20k from having to swap your own. It's still old though. And the ricer exhaust tip is terrible, but easily remedied.
FC12
aggiepaintrain said:

this 06 LX470 is in College Station, it's nice

https://www.pittstopautotx.com/mobile/mdetails.aspx?vid=26567481
Is 17,995 a good deal? I'm searching for one and I'm interested in this one...but in my mind 16K is more reasonable.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
FC12 said:

aggiepaintrain said:

this 06 LX470 is in College Station, it's nice

https://www.pittstopautotx.com/mobile/mdetails.aspx?vid=26567481
Is 17,995 a good deal? I'm searching for one and I'm interested in this one...but in my mind 16K is more reasonable.

If you like 100s, 06 and 07 are the best years IMO. If this one has a clean carfax and good records and no story, then it's worth looking at.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.