Landcruisers

507,386 Views | 3457 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by reddog90
GeeBee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Call Cool Air Automotive in North Richland Hills. They probably can install it. Their bread and butter back in the day was dealer installed AC...you know when you could buy a ford ranger without AC.

http://coolairautorepair.com/
reddog90
AG
Installed an OME 2.5" lift on my 40 this weekend. Also threw on my new 33/10.5/15 Maxxis Razrs mounted on steelies with hub caps. A well built 80 and FJ Co's 45 also attended.

meggy09
AG
Good friend has his 60 up far sale. Not real familiar with it, but figured I'd put it up here. Also interested in thoughts on the ad/pricing.

https://lubbock.craigslist.org/cto/d/lubbock-nice-1987-toyota-fj60-land/6889864898.html
reddog90
AG

New look.
MTTANK
AG
Sweet rig!!!
GIG 'EM
Centerpole90
AG
TAMU77CLAY said:

Proud owner of '83 gasser as of last nite.
reddog90
AG
Clay,

What's up dude?
Streetfighter 02
AG
Looks great. Is that a 4Plus bumper?
TAMU77CLAY
AG
reddog90 said:

Clay,

What's up dude?
Just been a bit covered up. Will get some pics to Centerpole as he offered to post for old, not versatile interneter like myself. Been trying to get an ac unit installed and looking for floor insulation to cut down on heat. Not been too successful.
Cuterebra
AG
Hi Landcruiser folks.

I am a big fan of Toyota build quality and have been keeping an eye on 100 series cruisers. I ran across 1999 LX470 today: Craigslist link

It was a Northeast truck for its entire life before being purchased at auction by a dealer last year. It has one accident (in 2007). Original owner kept it for another 11 years and serviced at a Lexus dealer.

If any of you experts see any red flags, let me know. I hope to look at it later today or tomorrow. Would this be a good entry into the Land Cruiser world?

GrapevineAg
AG
If it spent its life in the NE, Check for rust on the frame, suspension, and lower body panels. Nice looking truck.
Cuterebra
AG
Good point. As an owner of a first gen Tacoma, I hope these held up a little better.

Thanks.
meggy09
AG
Doesn't look too bad, timing belt etc. service was done at 94k so your good there. Looks like it's had a recent issue getting a key programmed. Nothing jumps out as a huge red flag in its service history. I would be really cautious of coming from the NE. It's gonna be rusty. That will make work harder if you DIY and more expensive if you pay to have it done.

I think it's way overpriced too, you could find a decent '03+ for that money.
Cuterebra
AG
Thanks. I left a couple messages, but the guy hasn't responded. Moving on!
reddog90
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

Looks great. Is that a 4Plus bumper?
Yes, I bought it bare metal and painted it with Duplicolor SS100 to match OEM pewter. Color is right but paint app quality is just OK. I got a '78 8274 that I need to go through and mount.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I had mine powder coated and it's not the best. Flaked off when I tightened down the winch and a few flecks of rust around some welds coming through. Bought an 8274 off craigslist. I need to check the gear oil and change the line to something better but frankly it's just for show.
reddog90
AG
Yeah, I may only use mine a couple times a year when I actually take this thing offroading. I need to put new wire rope on it and mount it on the truck. I think I will save a full rebuild for another year.

reddog90
AG
Clay - I did some AC work last night. 10/10 would recommend.

TAMU77CLAY
AG
reddog90 said:

Clay - I did some AC work last night. 10/10 would recommend.

Good to hear. Have located an installer for Vintage Air near me and am ordering a unit today for install in 2 weeks. Earliest he could get to me. Aprox. total for unit and labor is $ 2,800.00.
reddog90
AG
Lol I just meant I took my top off.
TAMU77CLAY
AG
reddog90 said:

Lol I just meant I took my top off.
Kinda want to take the top off also but afraid it will get more air noise when i put it back on in the Fall than it has now.
reddog90
AG
I took mine off all in one piece. Leaned it against the wall in the garage because my ceiling is too low to use an amazon hoist. I'll probably have to work on the gasket between the windshield frame and top, but other than that, everything else is still together and I don't forsee extra noise later on. Damn thing is loud as it is.
MTTANK
AG
Bought my first cruiser last week! Plan on selling this and buying a 40 at some point, maybe when reddog90 sells his.

GIG 'EM
reddog90
AG
Nice. Throw some ATs on that and go to HIH10 next summer!
MTTANK
AG
Looking at wheels and tires right now. Thinking about going with some newer stock 18 inch cruiser wheels and ko2's. HIH looks like a blast! I just need to pay attention and not miss registering next year.
GIG 'EM
reddog90
AG
Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx get a lot of love on mud as well. Registration filled up in just a couple minutes this year. It's become a very popular event.
meggy09
AG
MTTANK said:

Looking at wheels and tires right now. Thinking about going with some newer stock 18 inch cruiser wheels and ko2's. HIH looks like a blast! I just need to pay attention and not miss registering next year.

Look at the newer Tundra wheels. Just put some TRDOR on mine and they look pretty sharp
reddog90
AG
Centerpole90 said:

TAMU77CLAY said:

Been almost 3 weeks now...
dhharder
AG
Picked up a 2007 LX 470 about a year ago to replace a 2001 Land Cruiser. Below is a picture of it at the top of Greenie Peak in New Mexico. I loved the looks on the faces of all the people in their ATVs as we rolled up in a Lexus. It also was great when the weather turned from 60's to 40's and raining, the heated seats sure were better than being outside in an ATV.

Since that trip, I've added a front bumper (Dissent Offroad), sliders (White Kuckle Sliders), and roof rack (Bowfin Cruiser). The long term plan is a rear bumper, switch the AHC out with a 2.5" or so lift from Slee, rear drawers, roof top tent, etc.

I haven't owned too many vehicles, but this has been favorite by far.

TAMU77CLAY
AG
reddog90 said:

Centerpole90 said:

TAMU77CLAY said:

Been almost 3 weeks now...
Sorry to be tardy. Cruiser getting ac and insulation padding and a few other small things done this week while I'm out of town. You guys keep me straight on the photos..
Centerpole90
AG
Can't star enough!
reddog90
AG
dhharder said:

Picked up a 2007 LX 470 about a year ago to replace a 2001 Land Cruiser. Below is a picture of it at the top of Greenie Peak in New Mexico. I loved the looks on the faces of all the people in their ATVs as we rolled up in a Lexus. It also was great when the weather turned from 60's to 40's and raining, the heated seats sure were better than being outside in an ATV.

Since that trip, I've added a front bumper (Dissent Offroad), sliders (White Kuckle Sliders), and roof rack (Bowfin Cruiser). The long term plan is a rear bumper, switch the AHC out with a 2.5" or so lift from Slee, rear drawers, roof top tent, etc.

I haven't owned too many vehicles, but this has been favorite by far.

Dude. Hell yeah.

You going to HIH? Got a build thread on mud?
dhharder
AG
I really did want to go to HIH, and almost had my wife convinced, but we are going to try next year. I missed the registration anyway.

We live in Amarillo so it would only be a 8 hour drive or so.

Don't have a build thread. Other mods I have currently are the owl expedition puddle lights and that is it. I bought his media mount too, but haven't installed. The LX only has 124k so it is just getting broke in.
reddog90
AG
So awesome. Do you have KISS drawers?
drumboy
AG
I never heard of HIH until now but now I think I need to get a LC and try to go next year. Do they allow GXs?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.