Landcruisers

520,681 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by AgCMT
dhharder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No just 100 series Land Cruisers and LXs (1998-2007). Everything I have read makes it look incredible.

I don't have any drawers yet. I like the KISS ones, but haven't got there yet. I also like the TrexBoxX. It is really expensive so probably not a reality.

There is a ton I want to do to it, but with three young kids it may be awhile, but enjoying it as we go!
reddog90
AG
Do you have bluetooth in your '07? Can't remember if that was ever a thing in 100s.

How is yours with 3 kids? We don't have kids yet, but we do have 2 large dogs, and I really want to trade my supercrew f150 for an early-mid 200 in the next year or two. I would do a pretty mild build with ATs, sliders, KISS drawers, and maybe a roof rack.
Bobby Light
'09 LX owner here and am stuck in the middle of having Bluetooth for calls, but no USB for audio. Had to rig up a Bluetooth receiver to plug into the auxiliary jack for music given that stupid iPhone doesn't have a headphone jack. It works, but isn't ideal. I believe 2010 is the first model year with USB for audio.

Multiple kids and the set up is fine, but the 2nd row is just narrow enough to where we can't fit 3 car seats across. You maybe could with the right seats. Otherwise someone is climbing in the back.
StringerBell
AG
that's weird. i've got an 07 GX and it's got both bluetooth and a aux jack. wonder why they waited so long for the LX
dhharder
AG
The 07 has been ok with kids, but yeah you couldn't fit three car seats across the middle, our oldest climbs in the back. We have a minivan too that is the daily hauler, and I drive the LX, and when we take trips we usually take it as well.

There was on 04 LX with only 100k miles for sale here in Amarillo and I tried to convince my wife she could drive that and I would sell the van, but honestly the van is more practical and it won out. If we only had two kids it probably would have been a go. Also in the 07 and earlier there are still only child restraint hooks in the middle and behind the driver. Don't know in the 200 series.

The 2007 LX has factory Bluetooth for phone only. I installed an aftermarket box BT45, that allows Bluetooth music through the sattelite radio input. It was very easy to install.

Bobby Light
Anyone here done the AHC sensor 'lift' on an LX? I'm about 6 months out on new tires and wouldn't mind getting a little more aggressive. Currently running Michelin Defender LTXs.

reddog90
AG
How about some 200 love

https://instagr.am/p/BYdu2dnBras
https://instagr.am/p/BxAQ5gSBAiv
https://instagr.am/p/BwgDoXtBURP

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lightweight-daily-driver-build-the-satchel.1119430/#post-12170685
Love this white '16 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/200-series-picture-thread.257436/page-370#post-12427228

Bobby - what year LX?
Bobby Light
reddog90
AG
Bobby Light said:

This thread might help?

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lx570-ahc-height-modifications-lift-it.971211/
MR Gadsden
I'm new to the automotive board and this thread but I've always wanted an older FJ. Now that I have kids I have shifted away from the FJ40's to something I can use to haul around two kids and a dog and maybe a small pop-up for camping. I found a 1978 FJ55 that I hope to have in Midland by Mid-July. Thoughts on the 55?

1978 FJ55
dhharder
AG
I don't have any experience with the 55, but it looks awesome!
Centerpole90
AG
That's badass! You found that in Nova Scotia and getting it to Midland?? Blue parachute awarded.

Next tine my wife asks why I can't find a vehicle I like within 10 hours of home; I'm pointing to YOU!
MR Gadsden
Let's wait until it's actually here before pointing in my direction. Cheapest quote I've found so far is 3200 by rail.
Centerpole90
AG
https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/boise-1969-toyota-land-cruiser-fj55/6912786728.html

Half the distance; it's not completely original, but all the improvements are in the LC family.
Waltonloads08
AG
Richline said:

Let's wait until it's actually here before pointing in my direction. Cheapest quote I've found so far is 3200 by rail.
I know this sounds crazy- but here I go:

drive it
MR Gadsden
Waltonloads08 said:

Richline said:

drive it

Thought about it. It's 41 hours on the road in a vehicle as old as me, no AC in the middle of summer.
Waltonloads08
AG
Richline said:

Waltonloads08 said:

Richline said:

drive it

Thought about it. It's 41 hours on the road in a vehicle as old as me, no AC in the middle of summer.

That's part of the fun!
drumboy
AG
A buddy's brother in law is selling this 80 series. I'm holding out for a 100 series so I can go to HiH and I like the more modern look but I was thinking about it recently when I heard he was moving overseas and selling it.

1997 Toyota Landcruiser 40th anniversary edition, 4x4, approximately 142k miles

$11,500

mrerik@gmail.com and I'll FW to him.

reddog90
AG
Lockers?
drumboy
AG
reddog90 said:

Lockers?
Not sure but it sounds like a deal has been made for it.
reddog90
AG
I should have taken the doors off a long time ago.

MR Gadsden
I saw one yesterday afternoon that looked just like this driving through my neighborhood in Midland\Greenwood. Doors off and everything.

MR Gadsden
My Iron Pig (FJ55) is still in Nova Scotia but the transport company has been lined up and it should be picked up next week. This is getting exciting!
Centerpole90
AG
Has it been checked for spiders?
MR Gadsden
Centerpole90 said:

Has it been checked for spiders?
Centerpole90
AG
Everyone else was divvying up your stuff on the OB, I never thought to speak up for the 55. Looks like you're going to live - so you'll get to enjoy it.
MR Gadsden
I've never been so happy to disappoint a group of people.
DeadCiv
AG
Richline said:

I'm new to the automotive board and this thread but I've always wanted an older FJ. Now that I have kids I have shifted away from the FJ40's to something I can use to haul around two kids and a dog and maybe a small pop-up for camping. I found a 1978 FJ55 that I hope to have in Midland by Mid-July. Thoughts on the 55?

1978 FJ55

I had a '75. Wish I'd never sold her.

Where in Nova Scotia?
MR Gadsden
Just south of Halifax, in a place called Portuguese Cove.

The process of getting it shipped from Canada has been more difficult than I thought it would be. I entertained flying up there and driving it down to a friend's place in Virginia, but that was still 18+ hours on the road and multiple days flying. Once I get it to Midland I'll post some pictures.
reddog90
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B0GtnQ3gQkh

SOB I need this in my life
reddog90
AG

Just a couple of red dogs enjoying a 40.
reddog90
AG
Finally fixed my electrical issue. I replaced the ****ty aftermarket PO fusible link setup with a proper OEM style connection. I soaked my fuse box in vinagar, cleaned all the terminals well, then replaced all the fuses with property 15 and 20amp fuses. Spliced in new pigtails of 10 ga white and white/blue stripe wire behind the ammeter but bolted their ring terminals together to bypass my blown ammeter. Built a new connector in the harness for my ignition switch that had burned out, and then installed a new Toyota ignition switch. Also installed a new battery cable kit from Fourruner on mud. All my electrical parts including fusible links were sourced from RagingMatt on mud. Everything is running great now.

MR Gadsden
After many delays and dealing with 2 different incompetent shipping companies, the Iron Pig, is finally headed south from Halifax to Midland!

Centerpole90
AG
Dammit boi those car hauler front springs, 20" drop bumper, and low pro rubber doesn't leave much room for him to clear as much as a kitten in the way or roadkill.
Aston 91
AG
This may be (probably is) a dumb question - but is that picture during loading, or how it will be shipped?
If that's the way it's shipped, can the truck driver see much of anything?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.