Landcruisers

520,282 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by AgCMT
ILikeTacos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggietaco said:

Let me know when you sell it in 6 months. Wife wants one, just unmotivated to go shop.
Right? It was just a lucky find honestly, a 2016 that lived it's whole life in Dallas getting oil changes every 5000 miles at Park Place. It has the light interior that shows really well.
Aggietaco
AG
Park Place must be the place to find GXs. My neighbor just picked up a mint 470 from them last month that looks like nothing besides the driver's seat had ever been touched.
Heights Ag 06
AG
Picked up a really really clean 2013 over the weekend. Love the truck already. Prior owner had just installed Dobinsons suspension front and rear, new upper control arms, Dobinsons rear drawer system, new BFG AT tires and spider trax spacers. Excited to dig into the LC community a bit more - already addicted to IH8MUD.

Heights Ag 06
AG
Forgot to mention - bought the car from a private individual in San Antonio but did the "trade through" (for tax savings) at Brazelton here in Houston and I highly recommend working with Bill at Brazelton for anyone looking to buy / sell. They are so easy to work with.
Complete Idiot
Heights Ag 06 said:

Forgot to mention - bought the car from a private individual in San Antonio but did the "trade through" (for tax savings) at Brazelton here in Houston and I highly recommend working with Bill at Brazelton for anyone looking to buy / sell. They are so easy to work with.
Can you further describe the "trade through" process?

You find a private seller, trade your car in to a dealer and they do some type of dealer pass through from the private party you are buying from? Something like that?
ILikeTacos
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Heights Ag 06 said:

You find a private seller, trade your car in to a dealer and they do some type of dealer pass through from the private party you are buying from? Something like that?
We always called it an "In and Out" where you have a tax credit sitting at a dealership, maybe you sold them a car but didn't buy one from them at that point in time you typically have a tax credit to buy something from them for a year. Anyways you find a car from a private seller you want, the private seller typically sells the car to the dealership and the dealer immediately sells it to you.

The dealer typically charges some kind of processing fee to handle the paperwork (I have paid up to $250 before), you get the tax credit, and the private seller gets a crisp check from the dealer.
Heights Ag 06
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Heights Ag 06 said:

You find a private seller, trade your car in to a dealer and they do some type of dealer pass through from the private party you are buying from? Something like that
Tacos nailed it. Same process. You do pay a fee but, of course, you save the taxes (not insignificant) and the hassle of buying the car from the private seller.
Complete Idiot
Thanks!
agpetz
Any thoughts on this? No pics of frame...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2953733724939980/
MTTANK
AG
Seems priced to perfection. There was one on cars and bids that went for around 16k with much less miles and that was cleaner. On the other hand, if it's the colors you want and you are set on a locked one its not an insane price. I would want to see under it of course. Some stuff that can cost on these other than the new parts listed- Steering rack, CV axles/boots, ball joints, and a slew of rubber bushings all over the place.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Need under carriage pics, if clean then that's a good deal, if rusty then it's not at all
FJB
reddog90
AG
Heights Ag 06 said:

Picked up a really really clean 2013 over the weekend. Love the truck already. Prior owner had just installed Dobinsons suspension front and rear, new upper control arms, Dobinsons rear drawer system, new BFG AT tires and spider trax spacers. Excited to dig into the LC community a bit more - already addicted to IH8MUD.

Twinning
dhharder
AG
I am selling a 2007 LX if anyone is interested. Ad at ih8mud:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/amarillo-tx-2007-lexus-lx470.1270306/
reddog90
AG
Sweet LX, GLWS.
Centerpole90
AG
Noice!

I like that Bowfin rack on there. I don't like they way they look so much on 40s - but that is right at home there. GLWS!
mrmill3218
AG
Saw this truck on mud. Really really impressive.
Coin
Very nice!
dhharder
AG
I would lover for an Aggie to buy it so I can just leave the license plate!!
IWannaGoFast1
AG
fwag04
AG
Well, I finished second for a Texas owned 2 owner no accident 2013 with 151k miles and decent service history. He was asking $32.5k, which I felt was great for this market.

2013 LC

P.H. Dexippus
AG
Yeah, that would've been a good deal in this market. Two years older going for a grand more:
http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/24CB317E
reddog90
AG
4th annual surfside cruise was a success. Got to meet heights ag and see his new truck. There were ~45 trucks there ranging from early 40s to late 200s.

Centerpole90
AG
^
this is heightsAg right? YOU took Marge, right?

ETA,
The top pic. I saw that truck on Jonny's story -it's diesel correct? I see it has a cummins badge, is that a swap or was that one of those Panamanian types like you were ogling at one time?
reddog90
AG
I borrowed a good ignition coil and test drove Marge on Friday and she bucked again. So I drove the blob.

I think it's a cummins swap truck but I'll check tonight.
reddog90
AG
He swapped a 6BT and NV4500 and went on a 7k mi shakedown trip.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
5k miles into daily driving a 2004 100 series... 155k miles now.

Almost got stranded in DFW with a dead battery.

Had to get a tow a few weeks ago after my fan clutch bearing locked up and snapped my serpentine belt.

Coolant leak started yesterday. Pretty sure it's from one of the heater tees. Luckily the dealer has two on hand, and I will be replacing this evening.

Gonna pull up some resources on mud and go to town on maintenance items that were apparently overlooked on this rig.
reddog90
AG
Where in TX are you?
MyNameIsJeff
AG
reddog90 said:

Where in TX are you?
College Station.
reddog90
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

reddog90 said:

Where in TX are you?
College Station.
If you're wanting to hire out your baselining work, check out Steve with Northwest Design & Fab. He's in Huffman but transports trucks all the time.

https://www.instagram.com/northwest_df/
Centerpole90
AG
After much procrastination and paralysis by analysis, I finally got off high center last night and made some moves. I had to do something to pull myself from reading Premium and F5ing all night. My 2F has been on the stand for too long and last night my goal was to set it on a pallet and get the bellhousing attached. Mission accomplished.

Doing that it became obvious I wasn't going to be able to properly attach and torque the flywheel unassisted, or even assisted, unless then engine was much better secured. Since the 40 sits so high on it's dollies - there is tons of room to work underneath - I made the command decision to set the engine in the truck and work from the bottom.

There is no substitute for having the right equipment. I placed the engine back in the frame like it was an afterthought. I never struggled, got frustrated, or started cussing once! It took me longer to post than to do it. I pulled the engine with a front-end loader (semi-sketchy) and have since put in an overhead beam and a chain hoist on a trolley - THIS IS THE WAY! If you are lucky enough to have a dedicated shop - don't hesitate to invest in it. It makes life much easier!

Now let's see how long I jack around on the next steps...
GarlandAg2012
AG
Does anyone know of an Amazon green metallic cruiser in the DFW area? Looking at that paint color for another project and want to show it to my dad in person before we decide.
Complete Idiot
GarlandAg2012 said:

Does anyone know of an Amazon green metallic cruiser in the DFW area? Looking at that paint color for another project and want to show it to my dad in person before we decide.

Land Cruisers are rare and that color is rare among Land Cruisers. You may consider looking for other Toyota or Lexus models which used the same
Color? Good luck!
GarlandAg2012
AG
Yeah I agree. I'm just not sure what other models have ever had that color available. Anyone know a way to look that up?
reddog90
AG
There is one on the gram called lara croft or something like that. I believe in DFW.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Yep I messaged him. He said we could work something out after the holidays.

I also talked to the paint guy and he can spray a couple samples before we choose so not the end of the world if we don't see it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.