Landcruisers

507,381 Views | 3457 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by reddog90
progress
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AHHH FOUND IT.

TEXAGS LANDCRUISER THREAD.

just got a 2010 - live here in Dallas. I'm pumped.
would love to connect with you guys / gals ...

could use some great direction / insider tips on things like Ih8mud (kinda confusing / not clear to me yet).

any links or thoughts would be helpful / would love to answer questions.

MTTANK
AG
progress said:

AHHH FOUND IT.

TEXAGS LANDCRUISER THREAD.

just got a 2010 - live here in Dallas. I'm pumped.
would love to connect with you guys / gals ...

could use some great direction / insider tips on things like Ih8mud (kinda confusing / not clear to me yet).

any links or thoughts would be helpful / would love to answer questions.

WE HAVE RULES HERE!
GIG 'EM
Dumpster Fire
So, I finally got my LC. After a few years of looking around and then seriously looking late 2019/early 2020 I found one on mud forums thanks to a poster here.

The cruiser was in Dallas so I had a PPI up there and it came back pretty decent for a 2000LC and 231K miles. I flew up there in February and drove it home to Central Texas. Over the past 8-9 months and through quarantine I was able to baseline it (still have some more to do) and start adding some things to it.

This is my DD and our family trip/camping truck. The first 2 pics are before I upgraded my springs/shocks. 1st pic is at PINS this July the week before they shut down beach camping. Second pic is back in May/June when we spent 3 weeks up at our family place in New Mexico. My daughter and I found some trails along the Rio Grande and some cool camping spots in the Santa Fe National Forest.

After OEM shocks and OME springs:

Since February here is the list of things I have done (or had done):
Front hood struts
Heater Ts and Hoses (OEM)
New Radiator/Thermostat/lower hose
Valva Cover Gaskets
New PS Reservoir
Lower Ball Joints (555)/Wheel bearings/front sway bar links
Serpentine belt
Timing belt/water pump
Fan Clutch
Front/Rear brakes
Front rear shocks (OEM)
New Alternator after mine died one Sunday coming home from church/new battery
Added 1.25 spidertrax wheel spacers to all 4 wheels
2860 OME Rear Springs

Got a few more things on my list to do but nothing that is needed immediately. We are headed to Davis Mtn State Park this weekend for another camping trip!

reddog90
AG
Hell yes
OlArmy01
AG
Haven't updated this thread in a while.

Been busy on Mud
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/72-fj40-converted-to-a-3b.1229466/

Basically, I'm swapping my tired, old (not me) 1F and 3 speed with a donor BJ60 3B and 5 speed. I'lll add a turbo as well.

Thoughts?
reddog90
AG
Sounds bad ass
K Bo
AG
New shoes, Cooper AT3 XLT 275/70/18

Grown Pear
AG
What a great thread. Went fly fishing last month in Taos, NM and this was our guide's land cruiser next to my truck. That's sitting on 37x12.50's and has a Cummins diesel in it.

reddog90
AG
Looks great. Did you get those spacers in?
B$Weigem
AG
Upset that the new Landcruisers won't have apple carplay
K Bo
AG
Spacers not installed, yet. I don't currently have the space to install them myself and after talking to Duggy's and Javier's I may just hold off on the spacers and save the $ for a proper lift kit some time next year.
reddog90
AG
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/surfside-beach-cruise-december-12-2020.1231638/

Surfside trip for houston folks.
K Bo
AG
Dang! I'll be driving back from AR the 12th.
D&C 2002
AG
We get our LC back tomorrow and I'm excited. Can't say enough good things about Steve at Northwest Design and Fabrication. He installed a new 2.5" OME lift, did the timing belt job, and a bunch of other little things she needed to get her ready for the next 100K miles. Next up is tires. Probably looking at a 285/75/16 (based on Steve's recommendation). This truck will still be spending most of its time on the pavement but I want it capable to take on some trails as we want to do some overland camping. So, quiet-ish on the highway but serviceable off road - what's your recommendation?

This is a great thread! Thanks again for all your advice. Really glad we kept this truck instead of selling it!
reddog90
AG
Steve told me your truck was in great condition. I'm glad you used him for the work and were pleased with his service. He's a great guy.

Check out 305/65/18s too. Disclaimer I am not a 100 guy but you should be able to find good info here:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/305-65-18-bfg-ko2-pics.892448/

ETA didn't know you had 16" wheels so nvm.
remko12
AG
LC in AZ for mule deer hunt for a week... rough country but the cruiser has done great minus the 1,000 new pin stripes. Loading up and heading back to Texas on Thursday. Anyone know a good detailer in the Houston area?

reddog90
AG
Steve Soule - https://www.instagram.com/ultimatedetailingllc/
reddog90
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CH0S7t4HgTJ
Complete Idiot
https://instagr.am/p/CHvg1gSn0po
reddog90
AG
Making moves on the grocery getter.

K Bo
AG
Hell yes!

What made you go for the Ironman and what height are your shooting for? I see the UCAs so I'm assuming more than 2"?

I'm still trying to settle on what I want to do. I really just want to lift the front an inch or so, to level, and firm up the ride a bit. I don't really want to swap the UCAs just yet. Leaning Bilstein 6112/5160 with stock rear springs.
TxAg20
AG
K Bo said:

Hell yes!

What made you go for the Ironman and what height are your shooting for? I see the UCAs so I'm assuming more than 2"?

I'm still trying to settle on what I want to do. I really just want to lift the front an inch or so, to level, and firm up the ride a bit. I don't really want to swap the UCAs just yet. Leaning Bilstein 6112/5160 with stock rear springs.

I like your plan.

I did BP-51 suspension with SPC uppers originally. I then replaced the BP-51 with King 2.5 because the BP-51 was noisy. The SPC uppers have to be cleaned and greased regularly to stay quiet and now my right front King is making noise.

I now wish I had just done OEM spacer in front and stiffer valves shocks.

I may try the ARB uppers next as I'm getting tired of the SPC maintenance.
reddog90
AG
K Bo said:

Hell yes!

The foam cell marketing got to me I guess. I was not shopping in the BP51 price range and the people that are running the Ironman FCP kits on mud really like them. I wanted to try something different than the standard OME kit. It's a 2" performance front and rear kit and I ordered it with prebuilt coilovers so it should be a fairly straightforward install. I currently have about 1" of rake with a little KDSS lean. I wanted to keep the rake but I expect to net maybe 3" of lift at first plus whatever the tires get me. I probably could have done without the UCAs from my research, but I wanted to go ahead and install them while I am in there to help with alignment, fitment and tire wear.

You could do OEM spacers to get rid of the rake but I don't think those will do anything to firm up the ride. You could do OME 2700 and 2721? Call cruiser outfitters. I haven't read anything about bilsteins on 200s but if you're finding good info on mud you should be fine.
K Bo
AG
When I am ready to pull the trigger I'll call Cruiser Outfitters for sure. The few guys on mud that have been running Bilstein seem to be very happy with them. With their history of quality products, and my own positive experiences with Bilstein I lean that direction. That said, their 200 parts seem to be difficult to come by and are a little more expensive. I like the pricing of the FCP and that I can get a 1"/0" kit. I'll have to read more reviews on the Ironman stuff. Thanks!
K Bo
AG
Actually just pulled the trigger on the Bilstein 6112/5160 sans rear springs. AJ USA has them direct from Bilstein for $200 less than anywhere I've found in stock. I have been reading a lot of great things about Ironman and Tough Dog foam cell systems but ultimately I think the Bilsteins will fit my needs.
bedofbrass33
AG
There's a kinda meh Series 80 around the corner from me. Obviously sits a lot but runs occasionally. Y'all make it hard to not knock on the persons door and offer to buy it as a project.
Complete Idiot
My worn out 100 series got new leather and a good cleaning

K Bo
AG
Exploring the Ouachita National Forest in AR

reddog90
reddog90
AG

Got the rear done Sunday, working on the fronts evenings this week. Tires Friday.
K Bo
AG
What tires did you settle on?
ac04
Shaggie 05
AG
Don't know if I've seen it confirmed here, but had drinks with my neighbor who works at Toyota corporate and he did confirm that the Land Cruiser is leaving America. The LX is getting the refresh and will be around, but no more US LC.
TxAg20
AG
Shaggie 05 said:

Don't know if I've seen it confirmed here, but had drinks with my neighbor who works at Toyota corporate and he did confirm that the Land Cruiser is leaving America. The LX is getting the refresh and will be around, but no more US LC.

Will the LX be a departure from the 200 series or will it be a refresh of the 200?
Shaggie 05
AG
He read me the list of cars getting refreshes and updates in 2022, but I can't remember exactly where the LX was on the list. I can ask him when I see him again. I was mostly asking because we are thinking about getting a 4Runner, but wanted to make sure we weren't getting one right before they finally update the drivetrain in 2022 - they aren't.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.