Landcruisers

519,967 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by AgCMT
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There is a Lexus down the street from me that has a "it basically a land Cruiser" bumper sticker.

I don't think I've ever seen a bumper sticker to downgrade a brand.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Looking at an early 100 LC. Clean Carfax, Phoenix truck with no rust. Will need the timing belt in a year or two.

What should I take special looks at before I pull the trigger?

Brake booster original ?
Expensive to fix

Sunroof work?

leather still soft?

Paint ok?

'03ag
Guitarsoup said:

Looking at an early 100 LC. Clean Carfax, Phoenix truck with no rust. Will need the timing belt in a year or two.

A 200
Guitarsoup
AG
'03ag said:

Guitarsoup said:

A 200
Ha, this is going to be the third vehicle, so not dropping that kind of coin. Weekend/camping truck.
'03ag
Yeah mine's the primary kid hauler so . . .

In all seriousness my brother just picked up a 2005 GX470 and they seem like good values depending on your needs. Plus there's tons of them compared to LCs. V8, shorter wheelbase and overhangs if you're planning to get a little rowdy.
Complete Idiot
'03ag said:

Yeah mine's the primary kid hauler so . . .

In all seriousness my brother just picked up a 2005 GX470 and they seem like good values depending on your needs. Plus there's tons of them compared to LCs. V8, shorter wheelbase and overhangs if you're planning to get a little rowdy.
It's so unfortunate, and frankly unfair, that your brother is not allowed to post on this Land Cruiser thread.
MTTANK
AG
Pretty sweet 40, although I prefer some patina.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-103/
GIG 'EM
Centerpole90
AG
I'll buy the roof rack from you if the expo look it's not your taste
Streetfighter 02
AG
It went for $62k!!
Centerpole90
AG
I would have pitched in $600 for the roof rack.
reddog90
AG
Guitarsoup said:

'03ag said:

Guitarsoup said:

A 200
Ha, this is going to be the third vehicle, so not dropping that kind of coin. Weekend/camping truck.
He's not wrong though. But Slee has a good 100 series buyers guide. What all are you planning to do to it? Just PM and tires? Full build out?

https://sleeoffroad.com/tech-zone/100-series-newbie-guide/
reddog90
AG
For anyone in the Houston area, we officially have a Bayou City Cruisers TLCA recognized club now. Dues are just $10/year with a TLCA membership. April meeting is at Don McGill Toyota on the 26th at 6pm.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BayouCityLandCruisers
https://www.instagram.com/bayoucitycruisers/
Guitarsoup
AG
reddog90 said:

Guitarsoup said:

'03ag said:

Guitarsoup said:

A 200
He's not wrong though. But Slee has a good 100 series buyers guide. What all are you planning to do to it? Just PM and tires? Full build out?

Thanks for the link. My best friend has a 2020 LX570 and it is fantastic, but also way past what I want to spend. This is going to be our third vehicle and will have a variety of uses in no order

1. Not taking an electric car out when Kingwood is at risk of flooding.
2. Pulling my boat
3. Camping/hiking/beach trips (which are pretty much weekly at this point)
4. Projects, Home Depot runs, hauling stuff, etc
5. Have a toy to tinker with

I'll probably eventually put in some drawer system to store my boat and camping stuff. I might add an awning, but doubtful I add a RTT.
'03ag
I mean there's a pretty big spectrum of cost between your friend's 2020 and an early 200
Guitarsoup
AG
'03ag said:

I mean there's a pretty big spectrum of cost between your friend's 2020 and an early 200
Pretty big difference in an 00 vs 10, too. If it was my Daily, I'd get the 200. But I'm sticking with the Tesla for that.
reddog90
AG
Guitarsoup said:

reddog90 said:

Guitarsoup said:

'03ag said:

Guitarsoup said:

A 200

Thanks for the link. My best friend has a 2020 LX570 and it is fantastic, but also way past what I want to spend. This is going to be our third vehicle and will have a variety of uses in no order

2. Pulling my boat

I'll probably eventually put in some drawer system to store my boat and camping stuff. I might add an awning, but doubtful I add a RTT.
It will start as this and then snowball to a HIH truck every summer. The hundred is an awesome platform and has some of the best body styling imo.
Guitarsoup
AG
reddog90 said:

Guitarsoup said:

reddog90 said:

Guitarsoup said:

'03ag said:

Guitarsoup said:

A 200

2. Pulling my boat

It will start as this and then snowball to a HIH truck every summer. The hundred is an awesome platform and has some of the best body styling imo.
Yeah, I really like the 100, especially the Land Cruiser look over the LX look. I like the GX, but much prefer the split rear of the 100 to the side swing GX.

I am more likely to use the 100 to do the Texas 200 than I am the HIH.

https://www.texas200.com/
Guitarsoup
AG
PPI and CarFax are both clean.

It's got a few little things I will address (like pretty worn down front seats.)

reddog90
AG
Sorry but where does a hundo fit into the sailboat even? Your support team brings your supplies to you each night?
reddog90
AG
Marge is back in the OR. I did a complete ignition system refresh, valve adjustment, and carb tune a few weeks ago. She was driving great, then randomly would not run at all on me and I actually had to get towed home at lunch one day. I was stumped and really discouraged for a couple weeks. I swapped carbs with a friend one night, changing nothing else on the truck, and she ran better than ever. So we are thinking something is off with my Fuji carb. I have mailed my Aisin carb that I bought for parts a year ago off to a friend to rebuild. I am going back through my POs ****ty desmog job to do it according to the guide on mud and replacing my manifold gaskets to double check for a crack while it's out of commission. I am very anxious to get this ****box back on the road and continue proofing it. Nothing like an impending 2,500 mile road trip this summer to pump your anxiety. 4plus bumpers are waiting at my buddy's shop to install once the truck is back on the road.

Guitarsoup
AG
reddog90 said:

Sorry but where does a hundo fit into the sailboat even? Your support team brings your supplies to you each night?

No support team, you just pack the boat with your supplies. The Hundo will drop off the boat and pick it up.

Mine is small and light, so I can launch it pretty much anywhere.
'03ag
Anyone used LC Series Fabrication in Dallas for racks, sliders . . . anything?
reddog90
AG
Are you in the BCC facebook group?
reddog90
AG
Never heard of them, sorry.
Guitarsoup
AG
reddog90 said:

Are you in the BCC facebook group?

Don't think so.

Anyway..

I'm over-I-10ing right now.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I've had Tandem Automotive do repair work on my cruiser and install a rack on my Tacoma that I got frustrated with (the directions were backward).
'03ag
Thanks. LC fab makes custom racks/armor etc that I'm looking for.

But I'm going to contact Tandem about some service stuff I need soon.
reddog90
AG
It's already ready for HIH
'03ag
Looks way too clean

Problem solved

https://www.lonestartoyotajamboree.com/

https://merusadventure.com/texas-toyota-takeover/
'03ag
I'm looking for a passenger side 200 LC rocker panel. Perferably used, any color, even in rough shape is fine. Anyone have a good source for that sort of thing? Seems like there are never any 200s at the pick n pull. Nothing on Craigslist, ebay, facebook etc.
Streetfighter 02
AG
My Toyota Parts Deal order has finally shipped. Now we pray the radiator arrives in good condition.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I did mine last year, I read so many reviews of people having to return brand new radiators it had me worried.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I also had a good call with a local hot rod shop to help me paint and fit the rear barn doors, quik hinges and if I pull the trigger they can paint the soft top bows as well.
Centerpole90
AG
My new radiator from city racer had a dent in the tank I tolerate…. Was lucky it wasn't worse.
Streetfighter 02
AG
He's supposed to have exceptional packaging vs TPD.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.