Landcruisers

507,301 Views | 3457 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by reddog90
Shane431
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
texrover91 said:

I'm about an hour north of Dallas

Jessie on Grissom Lane is who I'd probably go to - let me know who you recommend. I know another shop in Carrollton/Lewisville but name is not coming to mind

Thx!

Mayo Automotive
reddog90
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

LC newb here, if I were looking for a long term SUV, would a LC200 be a good option? Looking at a few 202 or 2021 trucks.
Get the latest and cleanest 200 you can afford imo. Add a 2" lift, 33s, sliders and driver experience and it will do just about anything you want. Earlier 200s are a better value imo and would leave you money for more accessories though.
reddog90
AG
'03ag said:

May get the Land Cruiser back eventually

https://www.motortrend.com/news/toyota-land-cruiser-likely-return-us-market/
It was announced at the national dealer meeting in September that the LC name will return to the US but no other official talk other than that.
Aggietaco
AG
Haven't seen it posted, but an Ag is selling his LC truck import on BAT.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1996-toyota-land-cruiser-hzj75-pickup-2/
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
The place I picked mine up from just got this on hand. Talk about holy grail of 80 series. 1HDT engine and only 12,500 miles. Only thing to make it better would be if it was manual. I can't imagine what they will get for this.

https://northeastautoimports.com/285276/1991-Toyota-Landcruiser
Centerpole90
AG
Aggietaco said:

Be still my beating heart.

I am in LOVE.
Aggietaco
AG
Centerpole90 said:

Aggietaco said:

Be still my beating heart.

I am in LOVE.
Buy it and come drive it home from Austin. Seller is a good Ag and experienced in the Toyota game.
Centerpole90
AG
That's going to go waaaaay your of my price range. At the current bid I'd maybe risk the divorce and a pouty FJ40…. But it's not even warmed up yet.

At my core - I'm a pickup guy - and that's a super sexy pickup.
RVAg02
AG
vmiaptetr said:

The place I picked mine up from just got this on hand. Talk about holy grail of 80 series. 1HDT engine and only 12,500 miles. Only thing to make it better would be if it was manual. I can't imagine what they will get for this.

https://northeastautoimports.com/285276/1991-Toyota-Landcruiser
Ho lee hell

Put this on the list of things that were obtainable at one point, but now will only be for rich folks.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
I actually reached out to him after posting. I only bought mine from him about 2 months ago, but I wanted to see if he was getting any offers on it.

He gave me a number that he would sell it to me for. Let me just say I've already contacted my bank about getting financing.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
I'm headed back to NH after buying my first 80 series only two months ago! Getting this one from the same dealership. This one is basically a time capsule with just over 12,500 miles. Going to try and get up there next week to drive it home.

RVAg02
AG
Damn you. It's only fair, because you found it, but I was putting things in motion.
Aggietaco
AG
Hope you have conditioned storage for your investments...
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Definitely.
fwag04
AG

Tons of LCs in Doha, really liking the look of the 300 after seeing them in person
reddog90
AG
fwag04 said:

Tons of LCs in Doha, really liking the look of the 300 after seeing them in person
reddog90
AG
vmiaptetr said:

I'm headed back to NH after buying my first 80 series only two months ago! Getting this one from the same dealership. This one is basically a time capsule with just over 12,500 miles. Going to try and get up there next week to drive it home.

Congrats, that's an awesome truck. So what is your plan now? Still LS swap the yellow one?
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
I haven't quite decided. I'm flying up there next week to pick it up. That'll give me some time to decide on what to do.
Aggietaco
AG
Centerpole90 said:

That's going to go waaaaay your of my price range. At the current bid I'd maybe risk the divorce and a pouty FJ40…. But it's not even warmed up yet.

Sold for $32k to...

"Osama_Toyota".
Centerpole90
AG
Not CP90! Reddog and I have been watching it since lunch. I hope it pleased the seller; it was super nice rig.

I knew it would take off - and don't get me wrong, as much as I love the series, and it being a pickup - It's direct competition for an FJ40 I don't think I have the heart to ever part with. I take on projects, not finished projects, and I don't have room in my shop, or heart for two that are so much alike they compete for the same role. I was just dreaming.
reddog90
AG
Aggietaco said:

Centerpole90 said:

Sold for $32k to...

"Osama_Toyota".
Yeah I wonder who that is. Account was made this month and had no previous activity before the listing. Listing comments and mud thread are silent. I thought Kurt was going to take it.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Sounds like me when I bought my first one a couple months ago. I was always browsing, something finally caught my eye, I made an account, and made the winning bid.
aggiepaintrain
AG
this one is pretty nice

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374395884673?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=i6gshhddq0s&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=g30JrnoWRkm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
jsdavis84
jsdavis84
MR Gadsden said:

Who's rig is this? It's pretty nice, I like it.

Midland, TX.
https://f5s-img.s3.amazonaws.com/000/9d/3d/9d3dd917d7af117150f05ace838dcf1e548378f8_2871761_u138622.jpg
That's mine. My wife daily drives it.
RVAg02
AG
What is your suspension set-up and how do you like it? Better yet, how does your wife like it?

I have a 2013 that is about to need new suspension and trying to decide what to do. I'd like a lift, but don't want to wreck the ride quality (which isn't THAT good seeing as though I have 285/65/18 BFGs on there now).
jsdavis84
RVAg02 said:

What is your suspension set-up and how do you like it? Better yet, how does your wife like it?

I have a 2013 that is about to need new suspension and trying to decide what to do. I'd like a lift, but don't want to wreck the ride quality (which isn't THAT good seeing as though I have 285/65/18 BFGs on there now).
Its just got the OME 2" set up with OME UCA's plus wheel spacers for the wider tires. Nothing fancy but ride quality is still good. Way better than the 100 series I used to have. If I were to go back and do the suspension over again, I'd probably throw some Fox or Icons on it instead of the standard OME shocks. My daily driver is a F350 so ride quality is all relative to that!
RVAg02
AG
Interesting. Thanks! Do you have any other pictures you can share? What tires are you running? Anything other than the armor? Drawers?

I've heard that the OME can feel better with more weight, which I don't have. I'm "light"
reddog90
AG
As long as you match your spring rate to your constant load appropriately, the truck should ride well and will actually handle a load offroad much better. OME has many different spring rate options to choose from and Cruiser Outfitters will help pick the appropriate kit for you. I have also been reading very good things about Dobinsons kits. Steve at Northwest Design & Fab outside Houston is a Dobinsons dealer. My next cruiser (of any model) lift that I buy will probably be Dobinsons IMS.
texrover91
AG
Anyone tried Radflo shocks?

Also - what wheel size are most folks running?

My 99 is a 16" wheel but looks like there are more 5 on 150 options in a larger wheel (?)

I'm in need of new tires so I need to decide on my wheel size - I typically keep to smaller wheel size for a taller sidewall. Ive always likes BFG's but the KO2 AT doesn't clear enough mud so looking also for a better AT for mud….
RVAg02
AG
Thanks for this! I've been reading a lot of good stuff on the Dobinsons.
jsdavis84
RVAg02 said:

Interesting. Thanks! Do you have any other pictures you can share? What tires are you running? Anything other than the armor? Drawers?
I've heard that the OME can feel better with more weight, which I don't have. I'm "light"

285/70/18's. I am not a paid member so I can't upload pics. Just front and rear bumpers. No drawers or anything.
reddog90
AG
reddog90 said:

Aggietaco said:

Centerpole90 said:

Sold for $32k to...

"Osama_Toyota".
Yeah I wonder who that is. Account was made this month and had no previous activity before the listing. Listing comments and mud thread are silent. I thought Kurt was going to take it.
From mud it looks like it was real buyer and he drove it home to Chicago.
reddog90
AG
texrover91 said:

Anyone tried Radflo shocks?

Also - what wheel size are most folks running?

My 99 is a 16" wheel but looks like there are more 5 on 150 options in a larger wheel (?)

I'm in need of new tires so I need to decide on my wheel size - I typically keep to smaller wheel size for a taller sidewall. Ive always likes BFG's but the KO2 AT doesn't clear enough mud so looking also for a better AT for mud….

Idk anything about tire/wheel fitment on 100s but I am sure there is an in depth database somewhere on mud.
I am running ~34s on my 200 on factory 18" wheels and true 33s on my 60 on 16" steel wheels. My next set of tires on the 200 will be 285/75/17s on an aftermarket wheel with the correct offset. Tires of that size are generally cheaper and easier to find than what I have now and I can ditch my spacers. BFGs generally run small from what I have read but people love the KO2s. Maybe look at hybrid tires that are more aggressive than normal ATs? Like ridge grapplers or discoverer st maxx. KM3s and G003s are pretty good on pavement for MTs as well.
texrover91
AG
Thx!

Do you have a body or suspension lift for the 34's, or did you "trim" the body seam in the wheel well?

I like KO's especially for an AT that gets a lot of road miles.

I know a guy with some Mickey T Baja ATs I'm going to look at, and probably Falken Wildpeak. Have a buddy with Toyo's but they seem similar to the KO when it comes to shredding mud (we got stuck recently)

I'm leaning towards a minimal (1") body lift to get clearance for 34's (?) without doing a new suspension if possible / keeping AHC

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.