Landcruisers

519,971 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by AgCMT
Aggietaco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
reddog90 said:

reddog90 said:

Aggietaco said:

Centerpole90 said:

That's going to go waaaaay your of my price range. At the current bid I'd maybe risk the divorce and a pouty FJ40…. But it's not even warmed up yet.

At my core - I'm a pickup guy - and that's a super sexy pickup.
Sold for $32k to...

"Osama_Toyota".
Yeah I wonder who that is. Account was made this month and had no previous activity before the listing. Listing comments and mud thread are silent. I thought Kurt was going to take it.
From mud it looks like it was real buyer and he drove it home to Chicago.
Damn, that's a long drive at 55mph.

21 hours of straight driving assuming it's all at max speed.
Naveronski
AG
I really liked my 255/80/17 ST MAXX's. Thought I'd run them forever until I caught a bug for 35's and went to 255/85/17.

Great tire, good life, good traction, and quiet.
reddog90
AG
texrover91 said:

Thx!

Do you have a body or suspension lift for the 34's, or did you "trim" the body seam in the wheel well?

I like KO's especially for an AT that gets a lot of road miles.

I know a guy with some Mickey T Baja ATs I'm going to look at, and probably Falken Wildpeak. Have a buddy with Toyo's but they seem similar to the KO when it comes to shredding mud (we got stuck recently)

I'm leaning towards a minimal (1") body lift to get clearance for 34's (?) without doing a new suspension if possible / keeping AHC

Yes I have a 2" Ironman FCP lift on my 200. I removed the front mud flaps and there was some very slight trimming needed on the fender liner. The spacers were necessary to clear the KDSS system. Even on the same year 200s, everyone seems to have slightly different fitment experience. I think LX guys like AHC sensor lifts for a modest lift and keeping AHC.
reddog90
AG
I keep telling CP he should build or buy a 70 series fire truck conversion.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/bend-oregon-1995-hzj75-dual-cab-ute.1288535/#post-14727869

He wants another project. Maybe by the time we can import 79s he will be ready.

https://rux.life/blogs/banter/rux-rides-garrets-ex-fire-truck-land-cruiser

Centerpole90
AG
I don't know why you would think I am wanting another project; is it because I text you listings for about three sh*tboxes a day and say "wouldn't this be cool..."?

I do think those firetrucks are sexy, but I just can't get over that roof. They are the Miranda Lambert 'fivehead' of land cruisers. Hopefully someday there will be a rooftop conversion kit to make them proportional.
reddog90
AG
Yes supposedly they were required because the PTO pump raised the floor and rear bench too high for a normal roof line. OEM roof panel is still available from Toyota. Pull the pump, find a great body guy.

https://instagr.am/p/CTP4Sj-JTLR

MTTANK
AG
Cool enough, but RHD though.
GIG 'EM
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
RHD takes about 5 minutes to get used to. Honestly, it seems like RHD vehicles price at a nice discount compared to LHD, and I think it's because so many people rule it out as an option.
Centerpole90
AG
Am I the last one to see this?

reddog90
AG
Yes. It's criminal we can't get that here.
reddog90
AG
vmiaptetr said:

RHD takes about 5 minutes to get used to. Honestly, it seems like RHD vehicles price at a nice discount compared to LHD, and I think it's because so many people rule it out as an option.
Every person I have ever asked (except 1) that actually owns a RHD vehicle says the same thing. I would not at all be opposed to a RHD truck next. But that's also because it wouldn't be my DD. The resale audience definitely gets slimmer whether it's rational or not.
TxAg20
AG
vmiaptetr said:

As 1 vehicle in a collection of several, and not a daily driver, RHD is no big deal. Passing on 2 lane roads and using drive-thrus every day would get old very quick with RHD.
reddog90
AG
TxAg20 said:

vmiaptetr said:

As 1 vehicle in a collection of several, and not a daily driver, RHD is no big deal. Passing on 2 lane roads and using drive-thrus every day would get old very quick with RHD.
Definitely. Fast food is bad for you and old land cruisers are usually too slow to pass though.
Centerpole90
AG
I will freely admit, I am one of the first ones to say I don't think I could ever grow accustomed to right hand drive. I guess

I don't really mean that-you can get used to anything. Hell, my rural male carrier weighs 300 pounds. He sits in the middle of an S 10 pick up, steers with his left hand, uses the brake accelerator with his left foot, and delivers mail with his right hand. If he can do that, I think I could learn to drive a badass Land Cruiser and shift with my left hand.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Centerpole90 said:

I will freely admit, I am one of the first ones to say I don't think I could ever grow accustomed to right hand drive. I guess

I don't really mean that-you can get used to anything. Hell, my rural male carrier weighs 300 pounds. He sits in the middle of an S 10 pick up, steers with his left hand, uses the brake accelerator with his left foot, and delivers mail with his right hand. If he can do that, I think I could learn to drive a badass Land Cruiser and shift with my left hand.

What kind of mail do you get at the house then?
Centerpole90
AG
I should learn to proofread Siri.
Streetfighter 02
AG
TxAg20 said:

vmiaptetr said:

Back up through the drive-thru lane.
ATL Aggie
ATL Aggie
AG
How high will this go?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-toyota-land-cruiser-fzj80-34/
Aggietaco
AG
I'm going to guess 23.5k.
1872walker
Aggietaco said:

I'm going to guess 23.5k.

$1 Bob

Sorry, you were $250 over. I win the showcase.
ATL Aggie
AG
ATL Aggie said:

How high will this go?

Welp, it's mine now. I put my ceiling at $25k and didn't think I would get it.

MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
ATL Aggie said:

ATL Aggie said:

How high will this go?

Hey-o! Congrats!

EDIT: You going to have it shipped or make a flight up to Michigan to drive it back?
Centerpole90
AG
This thread produces!!!

Congratulations. Can't wait to see it at the Texags Land Cruiser Thread / Aggie Baseball Game Meat Up in the spring!
MR Gadsden
Centerpole90 said:

This thread produces!!!

Congratulations. Can't wait to see it at the Texags Land Cruiser Thread / Aggie Baseball Game Meat Up in the spring!

Was the date for this ever officially announced?
MTTANK
AG
ATL Aggie said:

ATL Aggie said:

How high will this go?

That thing is clean, would never guess it had that many miles from the condition its in.
GIG 'EM
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
MR Gadsden said:

Centerpole90 said:

This thread produces!!!

Was the date for this ever officially announced?

How about a day on the weekend of March 31 - April 2? We play Ole Miss that weekend. Land Cruisers v. land sharks.
Naveronski
AG
Not mine, but thought someone might be interested.

ATL Aggie
AG
vmiaptetr said:

ATL Aggie said:

ATL Aggie said:

How high will this go?

Hey-o! Congrats!

EDIT: You going to have it shipped or make a flight up to Michigan to drive it back?

Going to have it shipped.
Centerpole90
AG

Quote:

How about a day on the weekend of March 31 - April 2? We play Ole Miss that weekend. Land Cruisers v. land sharks.
I am going to wade in and say that for me to make it - March and early April is nearly impossible because of work. We are still planting in March and cultivating in early April. I was going to float the Florida (May 5-7) or Alabama (May 12-14) series as suggestions. Even then, something could come up - but it is much likelier 'get away' for the weekend time of year than Mar-Apr.

Looking at big conflicts: Ring day is April 13-14, Parent's weekend is Apr 14-16, Spring commissioning and graduations start May 12-13 so Alabama series competes with a super busy time in town. The Florida series is dead weekend during finals.

Any chance the group would be interested in a meet up for the Saturday game of the Florida series?
MR Gadsden
I'd vote for the Florida series dates.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
I would also choose the FL weekend
TSJ
AG
Unexpected find at a tow yard.

texrover91
AG
Guess I should post a pic of my '99 LX470

Picked it up in HOU

TxAg20
AG
ATL Aggie said:

ATL Aggie said:

How high will this go?

Nice buy! I considered throwing in a bid, but my wife might kill me if I buy another vehicle.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.