Landcruisers

522,593 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by AgCMT
K Bo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dios mo! I wish I had the $ to send him my '95. Very nice!
Aggietaco
AG
Fender bad or just ditching the stove pipe?
Aggietaco
AG
And is he posting updates on Mud so we can follow along?
TxAg20
AG
Just ditching the snorkel.

Mud thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1997-fzj80-to-hdj80-1hd-fte-h152f.1087502/page-85

@jomelo acquired this Cruiser and had SNLC do the diesel and manual trans conversion. If you have lots of time to kill and want to see all of those updates, start at page 1 of the mud thread.

I bought the cruiser from jomelo in June of '22 and took it back to SNLC in June of '23 to get rid of the snorkel, repaint, and restore the interior. This process started last month and starts on page 85 of the mud thread.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Looks like someone is doing the walk of shame to the barn to get the tractor. It's triple locked they said. It'll never get stuck they said. Well, they didn't have to listen to the adolescent cries of "Do it again Dad!"

TxAg20
AG
Looks like the bumper hung you up on the left rear. Needs more lift or less rear bumper.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Yeah. Prado would have made it.
Naveronski
AG
37's would have made it.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Yeah. I told one of my buddies that I should have gotten the 5" lift and 37's.
Dr. Venkman
AG
Well, I'm done with this project. I've had it for a few years and it ran great. Then got a code 26 (rich condition). I got frustrated trying to fix it and so it sat for about 6 months. Just tried getting it fixed again and it's running really bad. It starts but dies when you try to put it in gear. I'm going to list it, but don't know a good asking price. Any thoughts? 1993 Land Cruiser.

Naveronski
AG
Triple locked?

Need more information.
Dr. Venkman
AG
Yes, triple locked.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Aggietaco
AG
Probably a lot of folks on this thread that would be interested in it and not turning around and flipping.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
She made it back home. Unfortunately, I gave her a little "love tap" with the front end loader on my tractor. Broke one of my headlights, and the chains did a little damage on the underside of my bumper. Could have been a lot worse. On the bright side, I'm getting new headlights and a new bumper.
Naveronski
AG
Where are you located?

I'd love to go over alternative recovery options (vs chains and pushing with a tractor).
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
I'm in Millican. I hooked chains up to the frame underneath the bumper, attached the other end to welded hooks on my front end loader, and then pulled it out. Unfortunately, I thought I had my tractor in reverse when I wanted to start pulling.

Edit: That being said, I'll be getting an aftermarket brush guard bumper with a winch moving forward.
Dr. Venkman
AG
Aggietaco said:

Probably a lot of folks on this thread that would be interested in it and not turning around and flipping.
My email is in my profile if anyone is interested in taking it on.

To answer questions publicly by aggiepaintrain over email:

Miles? ~210k

VIN? JT3DJ81W2P0043849

Where are you located? Houston

Are you getting a specific CEL code? This is OBD-1. I was getting Code 26 (rich condition) before I parked it. When I tried again about a month ago, it wouldn't start. Was getting Code 12 (RPM signal). Took it to Javiar's in Houston and they replaced the distributor and got it started, but said it would die when trying to put it into gear. I had it towed back home and replaced the transmission solenoids which didn't fix anything. It starts and idles, but will die after a couple of minutes. CEL comes on and I looked at the codes and it's now 83, 84, 85 which is failed communication with the ECU. I noticed 3 connectors were unplugged from (I think) the TCM behind the glove box. I plugged them back in and still get the codes. So not sure what Javiar's was doing there. That's when I decided to give up and made my post on texags.

Aside from the mechanical issues how is the cosmetic condition of the cruiser? There is a dent in the front passenger fender as you can see in the photo I posted. I have a replacement bumper and fender flare (hard to find), but I didn't get around to installing them. I wanted to get it running reliably first. I also have a brush guard for it and a handful of parts.

Any clear coat failure? Yes, on the hood.

Mismatched panels? No mismatched panels.

Cloth seats? No, leather seats (dark brown). The interior is in good condition for its age.
aggiepaintrain
AG
So everyone knows what they would be getting into.

Repainting panels that color is a nightmare, you'll end up with a two tone vehicle or having to repaint half the rig which is very expensive. It has a wreck on carfax and the mechanical issues are problematic.
To get this thing back on the road and looking nice someone will spend $5k+
Even the Land Cruiser expert in Houston could not figure out what was wrong.
I would definitely proceed with caution and check with Aggietaco before you make an offer.

Dr. Venkman
AG
Is the wreck on the carfax from 2022? That is the damage to the passenger front fender. Lady hit me in a parking lot.
JB
AG
Dr. Venkman said:

Is the wreck on the carfax from 2022? That is the damage to the passenger front fender. Lady hit me in a parking lot.
Did you come up with a number? Text if you'd rather.

reddog90
AG
Dr. Venkman said:

Well, I'm done with this project. I've had it for a few years and it ran great. Then got a code 26 (rich condition). I got frustrated trying to fix it and so it sat for about 6 months. Just tried getting it fixed again and it's running really bad. It starts but dies when you try to put it in gear. I'm going to list it, but don't know a good asking price. Any thoughts? 1993 Land Cruiser.

Send it to SNLC for an FTE conversion.
reddog90
AG
What exhaust system did he just put on there?
TxAg20
AG
reddog90 said:

What exhaust system did he just put on there?

The exhaust is from this shop in Australia: https://beauexhausts.com.au/

It has about 15K miles on it as the exhaust went on when the 1HD-FTE was installed. SNLC just polished it up before putting it back on the chassis.
Grown Pear
AG
Is there a website or forum that discusses details of when Land Cruisers were produced (for the U.S.)? I've seen for other vehicles details of how many of each color were produced for the year, what months production ranged from, etc.

I'm particularly interested in the 2021 model year.
reddog90
AG
Grown Pear said:

Is there a website or forum that discusses details of when Land Cruisers were produced (for the U.S.)? I've seen for other vehicles details of how many of each color were produced for the year, what months production ranged from, etc.

I'm particularly interested in the 2021 model year.
Like this?

https://landcruiserhm.com/resources/reference-guides/172-paint-color-chart?i=Land-Cruiser-Paint-Color-Charts--v2-20200423--Page-7

Might have to dig through mud for more detail.

Just noticed the color chart stops at '17. But I think it was the same choices '16-21?
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Anyone have experience with JTX lighting? I'm thinking of replacing my headlights with these instead of OEM.

Grown Pear
AG
Very cool website, thanks for posting.

But no, I'm more thinking of manufacturing details like X# Black exterior Y# Terra cotta interior produced in 2021. And what months/year the last model was produced in… how many each month etc.

I feel like I've see something like that before for some other vehicles but that might just be to o detailed level of info it might not be released. Wouldn't surprise me if some Land Cruiser fan website has some of that though.
drmwvr
AG
Co worker of mine is thinking of selling this cherry 2006 100 series with just over 109k miles. He's owned it since it was one year old and it is in great ( for the age) condition with all service records. Let me know if you are interested and I'll pass your info on. I'm an LC nut and this is a good one. I already have a 100 series or I would purchase. Located in Houston, Texas. $20k.

remko12
AG
Pm sent
Ragoo
AG
Where is the best place to find an older Landcruiser?

Are they decent short range tow vehicles for like a ski boat?
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
I got mine on Cars and Bids. I'd also check the mud website.
bcasey03
AG
Sent pm
water turkey
Pm sent 3
stevopike
AG
Ragoo said:

Where is the best place to find an older Landcruiser?

Are they decent short range tow vehicles for like a ski boat?
Define older

70's/80's/90's?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.