Landcruisers

507,402 Views | 3457 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by reddog90
TxAG-010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More Midlandites on here than I thought! ha

I walk by that 60 almost every other day. I live in the area as well.
Who's buying it?!
drmwvr
AG
Moved to Houston recently and need to find a trusted Indy LC mechanic nearby. I have a 100 and 200. Live near City Center (west side). Looking for alternatives to Javiers or Duggys. Nothing wrong with those shops, just seeing if there's someone closer. Thanks!
Centerpole90
AG
Summertime is here.

Serotonin
AG
So, anyone got any details on the 300 series? I've currently begun shopping for a used 200 but wondering if I should wait a year until the 300s come out before buying a 200 to avoid an extra depreciation hit.
txcincinnatus
AG
This thread on mud is probably your best bet for latest 300 series info.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/another-300-series-rumor-thread.1204419/
Serotonin
AG
Very cool, thanks for posting the link.
Serotonin
AG
Well, sounds like it could be (a) discontinued in the US market, (b) moved downmarket a bit (with LX keeping upmarket void), or (c) made better than ever.

I'll admit, it is tough to figure out where the LC fits in Toyota's gameplan. I drove a '90s era 4Runner for 15 years and loved it. It was not the best mpg, smoothest ride, or greatest handling, but it felt great driving a vehicle that could take a beating and still last decades. The LC is that on steroids which is why I want one.

Last week I drove a Highlander Limited, 4Runner Off-Road and LC. The Highlander had the best interior of the three (LC had best seats) with 4Runner a distant third. The Highlander also drove like a sports car compared to the other two.

And at about half the cost and way better gas mileage it's easy to see why the Highlander sells over 200k in North America and the LC only 3k. But still, want one.
380sl
I live on Cuthbert. Saw that old man drive that 80 Series about 5 years ago. Talked to him a few times. Is he still alive, or is that why they sold it?
Centerpole90
AG
Richline,

I was perusing carb fan threads on mud this morning and I noticed you had posted on one of the best threads. Did you get your vapor lock issue worked out? Did you get your fan running?

I have all the components for the carb fan circuit but it is not hooked up. I have not attempted to hook it up because I suspect the thermocouple that operates it is also missing. PO installed a big Holley carb with headers and I suspect he just disconnected it when he took the manifold off. Thankfully he did a good bit of that but didn't take parts off and throw them away... just disconnected them.

Like the factory AM radio that was in the dash but unresponsive- I did a bunch of wiring work and found that it plays just fine - it just took a little work finding a bad connection. Thank heavens he didn't trash it and cut the dash. Instead he put a new radio in a tuffy console.
Streetfighter 02
AG
That working factory radio is probably worth a few pennies.
Centerpole90
AG
When we spoke a few years ago I remember you remarking about having an original radio. Because the 40's been on the back burner I never paid much attention to it or gave it much thought except to note that it at least looked better in the dash than an empty hole.

Because I was not fond of where the PO drew power for the console mounted radio (the one we use), the other day I decided I'd wire it into the connector from the factory radio circuit. Well, that circuit was dead; so I checked and replaced the short 5A fuse. When the circuit still didn't power up I was puzzled; there was power to both sides of the fuse, but nothing downstream. I removed the fuse block and re-seated the connector that attaches behind it - that did the trick. The circuit powered up and to my surprise the radio worked like a champ. Having good factory wiring in the 40 is nice because everything has connectors and there is no need to hack into the harness if you want to add something. There are ample places to access a wire on most circuits if you need to check voltage or even add something ( in my case I substituted the aux radio for the factory radio, but can revert back by just replugging original in).

I really like the conversion this fellow had done to his radio - pricey, but very cool. (great insta follow btw)
https://instagr.am/p/B9VmjVIn_Ob
Streetfighter 02
AG
Retro Sound Radio

I considered one of these a couple years ago but I just have a large bluetooth boombox in the back and it was basically free.

I also looked into hidden receivers but opted to just leave it alone. I didn't want to cut the door cards to get speakers in there and it's so loud it's not like the music is HiFi quality anyway.
reddog90
AG
Hit up Catalina Coffee with some other cruiser guys in Houston a couple weeks ago.

https://instagr.am/p/CBa2wOSAO4x
fwag04
AG

Picked up a 70 series axle today to do a disc brake conversion on my 40. Anyone ever done this before?
aggiepaintrain
AG
Picked up an 06 LX470 today
No DVD no HUD, original
windshield which is pretty important
153k , no rust

FJB
remko12
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Picked up an 06 LX470 today
No DVD no HUD, original
windshield which is pretty important
153k , no rust

Did you buy that from Westside Lexus?
aggiepaintrain
AG
indeed
FJB
P.H. Dexippus
AG
What's the deal with original windshield?
aggiepaintrain
AG
Once replaced especially with aftermarket they can leak behind the dash especially on 100 & 200 series, not to mention the mirror mounting will always be wobbly
FJB
remko12
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

indeed

You beat me to it - was headed to the dealership when they said someone bought it. Good buy, def. jealous.
Post removed:
by user
aggiepaintrain
AG
Houston or College Station for new Toyota

aggiepaintrain@gmail.com
FJB
permabull
AG
aggiepaintrain
AG
of course, not my 1st rodeo

the kit is $500 or so on ebay fyi
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Centerpole90
AG
So the Crusier Lean persists all the way through the 100s????
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Yep! Super common.
tunefx
AG
What's it worth?

2014 LC
235K miles
Very good condition.
Service records show timely maintenance and care.
Has all options except rear seat entertainment.
Serotonin
AG
My wild guess would be low to mid $20s just based on mileage.
reddog90
AG
tunefx said:

What's it worth?

2014 LC
235K miles
Very good condition.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/most-recent-200-series-purchase-prices.913539/
reddog90
AG
Picked up a new DD today.

A local cruiser buddy is doing some cooling refresh work on my 40 while he is unemployed and I am taking care of a baby. I'll get a family shot when I have the old bird back. I know my plan will change, but right now I just want spacers, ATs, sliders, drawers.
Aggietaco
AG
Congrats, you just sent me on a 2 hour trip to see what 200 series are available on Mud and the local sales pages...
tunefx
AG
tunefx said:

What's it worth?

2014 LC
235K miles
Very good condition.
ID10T at the keyboard.

It should have read 2003!!! Ugggh
sodycracker
AG
I have a 2003 lx 470. Great condition w/ records. I bought it with 225,000 miles & it had new tires, timing belt & water pump just changed, and new upholstery. EVERYTHING works! (No jinx) Paid $10k.
reddog90
AG
Aggietaco said:

Congrats, you just sent me on a 2 hour trip to see what 200 series are available on Mud and the local sales pages...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.