Landcruisers

522,603 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by AgCMT
MoreCushing4thePushing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Old buttercup in her element.

Guitarsoup
AG

Ok, don't have a tire mount on the rear, but maybe I need one
FamousAgg
Those tools mounted on the exterior seem like a bad idea unless you are driving too and from the trail
Guitarsoup
AG
UninformedInternetBlogger said:

Those tools mounted on the exterior seem like a bad idea unless you are driving too and from the trail
MY LC's PO has the high lift, ax, and shovel all mounted at the 3rd row. I am building a box system and removing them. Not actually sure what I will do with them, but have the parts to mount them to my FrontRunner Rack.

I've order the Bison Molle panels for the back and will mount a small shovel/hatchet on there for the very rare case I need them.
FamousAgg
I'm gonna try to fit this onto my rear bison shelf or maybe mount it underneath. Bought it from a texager.
Guitarsoup
AG
Nice.

I have a Silky saw, a SOG survival hatchet and a SOG shovel. That little shovel wouldn't be as great to use as a full sized one, but I don't often have to use a shovel for anything other than a poop hole. A ton easier to carry around than the full sized ax and shovel.
FamousAgg
Love a good silky
Naveronski
AG
I carry this small shovel - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X47NJY/

This axe - https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCCS620B-Compact-Cordless-Chainsaw/dp/B073FTGBZY/

I also carry their 20v cordless impact for tire changes, a 20v work light, and several batteries.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Who is digging the cat hole in Reed parking lot?
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rx2klqAW/1997-toyota-land-cruiser-prado-active-vacation-4x4

This is interesting. Factory installed gas stove, sink, and deployable bed.
JB
AG
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2021-toyota-land-cruiser-3/
ILikeTacos
AG
JB said:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2021-toyota-land-cruiser-3/

It moved.
Naveronski
AG
The Overland Journal Podcast has a pretty interesting episode about those.

Maybe this one?
https://overcast.fm/+WLmNXzHkU
K Bo
AG

MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Is that yours? If so, what size tires are those?
K Bo
AG
I wish! Taken in Houston Heights last night while walking around.

I am working on acquiring an 80, though!
Centerpole90
AG
You sold that badass LJ didn't you? Before you got the 200?
K Bo
AG
I did. I regret selling the LJ but I was going through a divorce and had nowhere to store it for quite some time. In hindsight I should have just paid to store it til things were sorted.

I'm hoping to have a Dark Emerald Pearl 1995 LC here in the coming weeks.

Centerpole90
AG
Oh yeah. A LC will make you forget all about it…

But it was a nice one. We had and sold an LJ; have same regret sometimes.
K Bo
AG
Does anyone have any experience with Land Cruisers of Houston? The 80 I'm buying has been sitting for about a year and a half (likely not been fired up for a year) and I'd like to have someone make a thorough pass through the vehicle to get it in very good working order.
Aggietaco
AG
Guy from Lucas Auto in Austin is selling his 62. Didnt ask a price. Decent shape, a few rust spots in the areas you would expect.

Woods Ag
AG
Was at the Moore Expo today in Springfield. There were a bunch of fine LCs on display.

Did the SMORR2MOORE Rally this morning. Awesome time driving dirt roads and some off-road park for about 100m thru S Missouri. This place is so underrated for its beauty
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
How many Land Cruisers does it take to evacuate an embassy?
FamousAgg
Is that a Prado in the front?
AggieGunslinger
AG
And I assume those snorkels on vehicles 2 & 3 of the column are sand specific?
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
I believe so. Definitely has the GX look.
Centerpole90
AG
You know, I'd be happy with one…. JUST ONE of their eleventy billion UN, .gov, or whoever's white LCs.
Aggietaco
AG
AggieGunslinger said:

And I assume those snorkels on vehicles 2 & 3 of the column are sand specific?

Right, and they usually add a pre-cleaner to help mitigate sucking dust into the filter.

Something like this:

Streetfighter 02
AG
Centerpole90 said:

On the baseball game - since I floated this, I'll lay out how I had imagined it and open it up for suggestions or corrections from the group. Just remember, good suggestions makes you the leader and in charge (winkie).

What I had in mind was a loose hangout in the corner of Reed parking nearest Blue Bell where we could all visit, see each others rigs, and (for those who wanted) take in some Aggie Baseball. The thought was we would be close, there would plenty room to spread out and see each others rides, yet not compete for game parking.

Game time and weather are the biggest factors in how it goes. They were both variables until recently, however, I see the game time is posted now and it's at 5:00 pm. So one is known.

I am 6hrs from Aggieland, so barring some unforeseen circumstance that prevents my attendance, I will be there late Friday night, haul home on Sunday. I think the game time has biggest impact on everyone who might day trip. Houstonians - what works best for y'all? Gathering earlier in the day, a tailgate of sorts, and then break up into going to the game or heading home?

If it's a tailgate party - we are all overlanders , right? There should be enough cooler racks, camp chef hardware, dometics, and 270* awnings between us to make a hell gathering….
Do we want to have a bigger food spread? I'm happy to smoke something in my pellet grill overnight (I'm sitting on a bunch of butts in the freezer currently). Pulled pork sammies with homemade pickles? I could be even lazier and smoke it this weekend, shred, vac seal, freeze and thaw in the parking lot in a pot of boiling water.
Centerpole90
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

Do we want to have a bigger food spread? I'm happy to smoke something in my pellet grill overnight (I'm sitting on a bunch of butts in the freezer currently). Pulled pork sammies with homemade pickles? I could be even lazier and smoke it this weekend, shred, vac seal, freeze and thaw in the parking lot in a pot of boiling water.
I had the same thought from the start. The Short Bus is in Snook and I originally told reddog I might just wheel it down to Reed and we have a tailgate party in a box; complete with trailer pit if we wanted to do fajitas, burgers, whatever.

I would love to make as much of that happen as I can, if everyone would like; but my biggest reservation about over-promising has been work. We've been getting welcome rain, so we are wet and out of the field right now. The issue is work is piling up the longer it stays wet and getting back in the field at first opportunity will be a priority. I just don't know exactly when that will be. With a growing crop in the ground - it comes first.

A couple questions that will help with planning - how big is our group and what time are we thinking of kicking our gathering off?
reddog90
AG
K Bo said:

Does anyone have any experience with Land Cruisers of Houston? The 80 I'm buying has been sitting for about a year and a half (likely not been fired up for a year) and I'd like to have someone make a thorough pass through the vehicle to get it in very good working order.
I went to the BCC meeting last month at their shop and it seems nice. I can't personally vouch for their work yet. Steve at NW Design & Fab would be a good resource. Tell him Jack sent you.
K Bo
AG
Thanks for the recco! Due to proximity to my house, I'm going to have it towed to LC of Houston Saturday, have them look it over, get it running, and then I'll assess.
reddog90
AG
Centerpole90 said:

Streetfighter 02 said:

I had the same thought from the start. The Short Bus is in Snook and I originally told reddog I might just wheel it down to Reed and we have a tailgate party in a box; complete with trailer pit if we wanted to do fajitas, burgers, whatever.

I would love to make as much of that happen as I can, if everyone would like; but my biggest reservation about over-promising has been work. We've been getting welcome rain, so we are wet and out of the field right now. The issue is work is piling up the longer it stays wet and getting back in the field at first opportunity will be a priority. I just don't know exactly when that will be. With a growing crop in the ground - it comes first.

A couple questions that will help with planning - how big is our group and what time are we thinking of kicking our gathering off?
Just checking the last few pages:

Shane431 + wife
Vmiaptetr
Streetfighter 02
Cruiserag2020
Woods Ag (possibly 1 toddler and wife)
Reddog90 (possible 1 toddler)
Centerpole90

Anyone else?
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Mark me as tentative. My LC is out of town, though, so I'll be in my F250.
RED AG 98
AG
I was planning to be there and bought a ticket but will be out of town unexpectedly now... Sigh, don't have an LC yet but hoping to get in the game in the next year or two.

ETA: ticket is no longer available

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.