*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

237,454 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Trucker 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just not a Raymond fan at all. I'm okay with CJ. Brings good insights on pitching and metrics. Murphy might have some sort of speech impediment
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm fine with finding ways to win. I'm not fine with trading prospects for a lottery ticket shot at doing anything meaningful in the playoffs.
Tastybrisket10
AG
I bought the new Xbox headphones so I can listen to my gaming and the game on my phone at the same time. I also have the SportsSync so I can sync 105.3 with the TV since radio is usually ahead. Anytime I haven't had either of those handy when I have turned on the TV I have watched on mute...yikes.
WestTexasAg
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Fore Left! said:

Just not a Raymond fan at all. I'm okay with CJ. Brings good insights on pitching and metrics. Murphy might have some sort of speech impediment
I posted about a week ago that listening to Murphy is like listening to my wife.

The guy uses way too many words to get to his point ... he goes down too many layers of reference, and by the end of him talking you aren't sure if you know anything you didn't already know. You end up with more questions about the information than actual information.
CJ is pretty good.
rbtexan
S
I'm also on the Trade Gallo bandwagon. I don't think he's ever going to make enough consistent contact to be more than a .220 hitter.
Mr Gigem
AG
Does anyone happen to know Gallo's wingspan? The reason I ask is he almost NEVER makes contact with pitches low in the zone, especially pitches low and away, and I'm just wondering if he has short arms for his height.

Or maybe it doesn't have anything to do with arm length. Maybe his height is just a detriment to his hitting ability. Maybe he should consider a different batting stance, one that is more conducive to hitting pitches lower in the zone
Mr Gigem
AG
Also, Gallo's whiff rate this season is the highest it's ever been in his career. It's nearly 44%, which happens to be the worst in MLB.
rbtexan
S
The Texas Rangers.....finding ways to lose since 1972
DallasAg 94
Tastybrisket10
AG
Rangers should trade Gallo for the sole reason of he's not in their competitive window. I used to think JD wouldn't do it but CY traded Elvis so anything is possible.
jtstanley4621
AG
Fore Left! said:

Raymond has upped his excitement level a bit since joining but he doesn't do it for me at all. His voice is incredibly boring. CJ is a decent color guy but I would rather listen to the radio duo every single game without a doubt
Trucker 96
Well, that has gone without saying for decades because Nadel is one of the best in the business. It was always too bad that he didn't want to do tv. He and Holtz together were the dream team
WestTexasAg
AG
Fore Left! said:

Well, that has gone without saying for decades because Nadel is one of the best in the business. It was always too bad that he didn't want to do tv. He and Holtz together were the dream team
Grapesoda2525
jtstanley4621 said:

Fore Left! said:

Raymond has upped his excitement level a bit since joining but he doesn't do it for me at all. His voice is incredibly boring. CJ is a decent color guy but I would rather listen to the radio duo every single game without a doubt
At least he's not John Rhadigan who couldn't even call a game correctly.

The rangers announcing crew has been terrible the last 10-15 years with the exception of josh Lewin. Unfortunately, Nolan got butt hurt when he missed games late in the season for football and he didn't care for all his pop culture references while we were losing games by 8 runs.

I mean busby was ok, but it's been pretty bad the last 15 years or so.
Trucker 96
Lewin was great. It's basically sucked since then. Grieve couldn't stand Lewin, and I'm sure he had his fellow ex-player Nolan's ear. That may have been the most important factor in Lewin getting the boot.

Busby and Grieve were like an old folks home morphine drip. So I appreciate them trying something different with the new crew. But it needs more work
Grapesoda2525
Fore Left! said:

Lewin was great. It's basically sucked since then. Grieve couldn't stand Lewin, and I'm sure he had his fellow ex-player Nolan's ear. That may have been the most important factor in Lewin getting the boot.

Busby and Grieve were like an old folks home morphine drip. So I appreciate them trying something different with the new crew. But it needs more work
Half of the folks on this board could do better than rhadigan. Nolan really ****ed that up bad.
WestTexasAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Fore Left! said:

Half of the folks on this board could do better than rhadigan. Nolan really ****ed that up bad.
Yes, Rhadigan was brutal. Only thing worse was Ric Renner being part of the post game show.
Grapesoda2525
WestTexasAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Fore Left! said:

Yes, Rhadigan was brutal. Only thing worse was Ric Renner being part of the post game show.
I cringed every time rhadigan said " let's play some ball yall!"

His home run calls were the worst I've ever seen. he couldn't gauge the distance on a fly ball for ***** He would often forget the score of the game and tell it to you wrong. He frequently forgot the count at the plate and he would often say " kinsler on second!" While Elvis was at second and kinsler was either at the plate or off that day. Good lord.

You know the worst part is that Rhadigan got to be the announcer for the rangers most successful team in history. What a waste.
hawk1689
AG
Umm...For about a month. He was replaced mid season.
Trucker 96
Right. He didn't last 2 months. They replaced him with the super generic Dave Barnett, who the next year had some sort of crazy migraine episode where he was jabbering nonsense on air. That's when Busby got the job full time. They did Barnett dirty because after a ton of testing, he apparently did not have a condition that should have kept him off air

Total **** show as far as who makes their broadcast decisions, only surpassed by those who make draft day decisions
Grapesoda2525
Fore Left! said:

Right. He didn't last 2 months. They replaced him with the super generic Dave Barnett, who the next year had some sort of crazy migraine episode where he was jabbering nonsense on air. That's when Busby got the job full time. They did Barnett dirty because after a ton of testing, he apparently did not have a condition that should have kept him off air

Total **** show as far as who makes their broadcast decisions, only surpassed by those who make draft day decisions
Barnett wasn't good either. Not a big loss from a fan perspective.
Trucker 96
Barnett is generic, but I think better at the job than Raymond. And good or not, never letting the guy on air for the team ever again seemed totally wrong. The guy is a long-time pro in the business. Generic and nothing special, but pretending like he stopped existing because he had a health deal seemed wrong.

I suspect Grieve was behind this one too after enjoying his baseball buddy Busby joining him
toucan82
ADOLIS!!!!!!
xjrayx
AG
Really big fan of this game so far.
xjrayx
AG
xjrayx said:

Really big fan of this game so far.

Sucks that I have zero confidence in Lyles' ability to not allow less than three runs
AustinCountyAg
Really big fan of those bobbies behind home plate
xjrayx
AG
Gallo ends Cole's streak with no walks
xjrayx
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Holy...that bomb by Willie!
xjrayx
AG
What a freaking bomb from Willie
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I'll star your post if you'll star mine.
xjrayx
AG
103.9 on the homer, 106 on the double from Willie.
xjrayx
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

I'll star your post if you'll star mine.

Done haha

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.