*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,940 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
rbtexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Quote:

You don't get to steal my "I told you so moment" by now confessing to agree with me about everything that is wrong with the Rangers.

Oh give me a break. What an arrogant, self absorbed statement.

You think you're the only one who recognizes the problems with this team/organization? I haven't defended this roster, I haven't defended JD, I haven't said anything other than this is not a contending team...and somehow you twist that around to "now confessing to agree with (you) about everything that is wrong with the Rangers"?

You say the same things, day in and day out. Nothing new, nothing groundbreaking, nothing that's a realistic solution - other than to fire JD or get new ownership (which, btw, I'm completely on board with). Neither of those things are going to happen, not in the short term at least.

If you want to continue with your posts that sound like they were written by the Department of Redundancy Department, knock yourself out. But it brings absolutely nothing of value to the topic, and even the entirely valid points you have, you've made so many times that it has just become white noise.
Trucker 96
LOL at anyone worried their "I told you so" moment would be stolen, as if there is some sort of masterful insight being provided. This organization's issues are glaring. Congrats for not being blind, deaf, and dumb, dallasag. Here is your moment
Mr Gigem
AG
I just want to know why someone thinks I should get fired with the rest of the front office
powerbelly
AG
Mr Gigem said:

I just want to know why someone thinks I should get fired with the rest of the front office

We need to start over completely from the ushers up /s
KT 90
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Hey, sometimes you just have to take one for the team . Maybe the Cowboys/Marvericks/Stars are looking for some help?

Mr Gigem
AG
KT 90 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Hey, sometimes you just have to take one for the team . Maybe the Cowboys/Marvericks/Stars are looking for some help?

The only other team in would remotely consider is the Cowboys
rbtexan
S
Mr Gigem said:

KT 90 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Well, you do have a lot of experience working for an underperforming franchise...might be a good fit.
Mr Gigem
AG
rbtexan said:

Mr Gigem said:

KT 90 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Well, you do have a lot of experience selling at a high level and exceeding goals while working for an underperforming franchise...might would be a good fit fortunate to have me
FIFY
rbtexan
S
well played!
DallasAg 94
rbtexan
S
What a great time to grow up in Dodgers country!

I was 10 when the Senators moved to Texas. I listened to the games on WBAP AM out in W Texas where I lived...made it to my first game in person a few years later, and Gaylord Perry pitched the team to a W. I remember all the bad years - bad teams, bad ownership, bad trades, bad stadium. Maybe it's just my perspective, but JD on his worst day is better than the Bob Short/Brad Corbett days.

Oh well....hope springs eternal.
gigem1223
Adolis is the truth. Helluva find by JD and co.
KT 90
AG
Ooph, that's a pretty low bar you setting there. Who was running the show the year the Rangers went through four different managers in one season?

Quote:

Maybe it's just my perspective, but JD on his worst day is better than the Bob Short/Brad Corbett days.
KT 90
AG
Another Globe Life Field question for those that have been there so maybe we don't waste time looking. Where is the best location to pick up a jersey? My kids think they are hitting me up for a new one, probably along the lines of Beltre/Ryan/Pudge/Hamilton rather than one of the current players (ahem... they know there is no telling how long some of the current roster will remain...). Older one might go for a high-end polo, we'll see.

Anyway, at the old stadium there was a big shop beyond the outfield, you could even access it from the outside the stadium as well. Where is the best location at the new stadium?

tia
rbtexan
S
KT 90 said:

Ooph, that's a pretty low bar you setting there. Who was running the show the year the Rangers went through four different managers in one season?

Quote:

Maybe it's just my perspective, but JD on his worst day is better than the Bob Short/Brad Corbett days.

That was Corbett, he owned the team from '74-'80. The 4 managers was the '77 season.

Eddie Chiles bought the team from Corbett, but he wasn't much (if any) better.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Much respect to the fans here that have been around that long for this team.
duck79
AG
Nice little afternoon baseball.
TDub
AG
There's a couple of places one in CF and one in LF
KT 90
AG
TDub said:

There's a couple of places one in CF and one in LF

Thanks! we will head that way first then.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Willie Calhoun just can't catch a break. Suffered a broken forearm due to HBP today.
sburg2007
When taking the 2 and 5 year old to the game to sit in 122 with all seats surrounding filled, the terrible obstructed view seats are PERFECT. Nobody wants them so we were alone and they could bother nobody!
gigem1223
Nice of Joey to get hot before the trade deadline
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I wonder what has changed in the past couple of weeks for Joey to get hot. Not saying it is the substances as I think we would see everyone getting hot but it does make one wonder.
Mr Gigem
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

I wonder what has changed in the past couple of weeks for Joey to get hot. Not saying it is the substances as I think we would see everyone getting hot but it does make one wonder.

That was my initial thought
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
It could be a combination of his approach and the substances. I've noticed more of his HRs going to Left-center this season. I don't remember many of his HRs going opposite field in the past few seasons. Maybe he is making adjustments to beat the shift and he just happens to get ahold of them.

I really don't know. He did get caught looking on a nasty slider that was middle/away Saturday. Can't really blame him for that.
Mr Gigem
AG
The Royals also have a pretty terrible pitching staff. I'll hold off until he faces another true ace
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Valid position.
Grapesoda2525
This organization has so many problems that it's hard to pinpoint what's wrong and what's right at the moment.

Kip ***g sucks at drafting. Leiter is the obvious choice and lots of ranger fans are worried he won't make that choice if it's available.

The owners are a bunch of penny pinching stooges. They won't spend to help the team.

The minor league system seems to suffer more injuries than most, especially our pitchers.

The major league roster seems to be devoid of talent.

We better get a haul for Gibson and a decent prospect for Kennedy or I'll be extremely disappointed. Pretty much every contender could use pitching this year.
Mr Gigem
AG
You keep implying that Kip is the final decision maker in the draft. He's not. JD and Chris Young. Why don't we wait and see what this draft looks like with Chris Young's influence before we bring out the pitchforks
rbtexan
S
FWIW, last year's 1st round pick (Evan Carter) is looking like the real deal. May have been a great pick in retrospect, although it was a head scratcher at the time.
investorAg83
AG
rbtexan said:

FWIW, last year's 1st round pick (Evan Carter) is looking like the real deal. May have been a great pick in retrospect, although it was a head scratcher at the time.

An hour ago

https://www.lonestarball.com/platform/amp/2021/6/28/22554278/evan-carter-injury-two-months-with-stress-fracture-texas-rangers-prospect
TV Casualty
AG
Mr Gigem said:

You keep implying that Kip is the final decision maker in the draft. He's not. JD and Chris Young. Why don't we wait and see what this draft looks like with Chris Young's influence before we bring out the pitchforks

No! The pitchforks won't be put away until this organization has been turned all the way over from the top down to the cotton candy vendor!
rbtexan
S
Yeah, I'm aware he's hurt. Doesn't diminish what he was doing up until the injury. Hopefully it's one he can bounce back from easily.
investorAg83
AG
rbtexan said:

Yeah, I'm aware he's hurt. Doesn't diminish what he was doing up until the injury. Hopefully it's one he can bounce back from easily.

Yeahjust found it funny that any time a prospects name gets mentioned, especially one showing promise, there always seems to be some injury slowing down the timetable.
Schall 02
AG
2nd round pick methinks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.