*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,690 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think both the Pirates and the Rangers need to lose for the Rangers to lock up #3.

Rangers are 60-101
Pirates are 61-100

Pirates own the tiebreaker
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, it will take a Rangers W and a Pirate L for the Rangers to slide to #4. But so far so good on the Rangers getting that L
DannyDuberstein
AG
And for anyone curious about the tie-breaker, they pull in the previous year's results to see who was worse combined. The Pirates lost more in 2020.
fc2112
Odor Wade scores bottom of 9th to get Yankees into the playoffs.

Odor got on base and was pinch run for.

FML
DallasAg 94
fc2112 said:

Odor Wade scores bottom of 9th to get Yankees into the playoffs.

Odor got on base and was pinch run for.

FML
Odor is always money.

You think the Yankees give a crap about his K-Rate or BA?!

The games depend on Runs Scored.
DallasAg 94
Thanks Mr. Gigem... great game... Love those seats.

By far at the top of my list on seats.
Mr Gigem
AG
Clinched the #3 pick
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Sending you an invoice for a full season ticket plan in those seats
KT 90
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Clinched the #3 pick

This is good. Baltimore and Arizona tied for worst record. Not sure who wins that tie breaker.
DannyDuberstein
AG
What's crazy is they tied last year too, so not sure what the secondary tiebreaker is. Maybe pull in a 3rd year?
KT 90
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

What's crazy is they tied last year too, so not sure what the secondary tiebreaker is. Maybe pull in a 3rd year?

Make them play a game tomorrow. Winner gets the first pick.
Schall 02
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Clinched the #3 pick

A successful season !
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

A timely story from MLB.com just informed me that they did in fact go back to 2019. The Orioles finished with the second worst record that year and the Dbacks were over .500. The O's will have the first pick next year. If only they had lost today.
Grapesoda2525
Rangers got #3…..pretty sweet.

I think there was no possible way we can get higher. The other 2 teams are just unbelievably bad.
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Aim high...I'm thinking of putting my mouth where my money is... I'm thinking, if the Rangers sign $70M+ in ACV for players not currently in the organization... maybe... just maybe, I'd pick up 2 seats in that section (or that price range) for a 1/2 season.

Of course, the Rangers are likely to jack up prices based on all the 2021 success.

I'm not ready to make that bet, but certainly intriguing to put some skin in the game...
DallasAg 94
Let the speculation begin...

C
SS
SP

HS
College
?!

https://www.mlb.com/news/2022-mock-draft-mlb-top-prospects
(Based on June 2021 link)
1. D-backs: Elijah Green, OF, IMG Academy (Fla.)
2. Orioles: Dylan Lesko, RHP, Buford HS (Ga.)
3. Rangers: Jacob Berry, 3B, Louisiana State
4. Pirates: Jackson Ferris, LHP, IMG Academy (Fla.)

10. Nationals: Carter Young, SS, Vanderbilt

Some had projected Carter Young, from Vandy, might have been a Top10 in 2021, had he been eligible. I think his stock goes through the roof.

Unless the HS player is Major-League ready, I don't see the Rangers signing one with the 3rd pick. Leiter could influence the pick if they were tight teammates, but I think Carter Young is the guy they pick.
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Mr Gigem said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Aim high...I'm thinking of putting my mouth where my money is... I'm thinking, if the Rangers sign $70M+ in ACV for players not currently in the organization... maybe... just maybe, I'd pick up 2 seats in that section (or that price range) for a 1/2 season.

Of course, the Rangers are likely to jack up prices based on all the 2021 success.

I'm not ready to make that bet, but certainly intriguing to put some skin in the game...

Pricing stayed the same in that seating area

Sooo…another successful TexAgs hookup?
Mr Gigem
AG
I'll be interested to follow Rocker's development and what they do with that elbow.

If he gets the all the clear and is lights out this season, I wonder if the Rangers might pull the trigger
DallasAg 94
Great to see Matt Bush enter the game last night. That was awesome.

With Rocker... his agent is Boras. So, there is that. He would be a Sr (but have 2 yrs eligibility) if he returns to Vandy, but I was under the impression he wasn't going to pitch for them.

Could be Japan, or Indy, I suppose. Luke Hochevar pitched for the FW Cats and then went #1 overall, after not signing with the Dodgers the year before. Another Boras agent. Kinda.

They are likely pumping Rocker full of platelets and trying to ensure he rehabs his elbow. He could go the way of Aiken... or Hochevar... we'll see.
Mr Gigem
AG
Field going down for Army/Air Force on November 6th!

fc2112
I heard at work our F-35 model is gonna be parked out in right field during the game.
Mr Gigem
AG
Do you mean a scaled down model? Or an actual working F-35?

I feel so stupid typing this question for some reason
DallasAg 94
365-81=284

284 days

What would have been cool... is if the 1B stands were movable and the could just move them so they could close in that end zone.

284 days.

When we start talking about 2022 payroll... remember that the Rangers only use that facility 81 days a year and the bulk of the revenue is already committed through revenue, merchandising, and STH+Parking.

Could you imaging the chaos had the Rangers still been in the playoffs?! If only there were a stadium in proximity... in Arlington... that could serve as a field.

Once upon a time, I had heard that GLP was being transitioned into a football field for a new team. Guess it didn't work out and can't be used here.
Mr Gigem
AG
Quote:

Once upon a time, I had heard that GLP was being transitioned into a football field for a new team. Guess it didn't work out and can't be used here.
It is used for at least 50 high school football games, and there are two college football games being played there this season.
fc2112
Mr Gigem said:

Do you mean a scaled down model? Or an actual working F-35?

I feel so stupid typing this question for some reason

A full scale replica. We have it for air shows, etc, when we don't have a real aircraft available.
Mr Gigem
AG
Curious to see how they get it into the stadium
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Curious to see how they get it into the stadium

Through the roof. Duh!
DeangeloVickers
AG
https://twitter.com/NoContextMIb/status/1449935181876498435?t=AJqp_KfvjnllCcdFeYxF0Q&s=19

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.