*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

238,018 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What specifically wasn't working about it? And is it working for you now?
wbt5845
AG
Mr Gigem said:

When they tried to scan the QR code, the register did not recognize it as a valid form of payment.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Gotta say, our team is going to be bad this year and maybe for years afterwards, but I'm ready. It's like Christmas Eve when I was a kid. The anticipation is killing me.

As an aside, I scored tickets to the home opener next Monday. My dad took me to my first Rangers game in 1984. We never went to Opening Day as we never really had the funds. He passed away a few weeks ago and I'm taking my family so my kids will have that. I don't fault him for never making Opening Day but I wish we could go together on Monday.
Mr Gigem
AG
wbt5845 said:

Mr Gigem said:

When they tried to scan the QR code, the register did not recognize it as a valid form of payment.

Dumb question, but did you have a credit card stored in your wallet?
sburg2007
Offered a ticket to opening day. I went in 1997 at the astrodome with my dad. I was 12 and didn't know how "cool" it was. Since then, I've been in 2011, 13-19 missing one in there. I'm with my 20 month old whose daycare shut down. I'm thinking I skip because I don't want to be "that guy" that took the annoying kid.
Mozart Paintings
AG
sburg2007 said:

Offered a ticket to opening day. I went in 1997 at the astrodome with my dad. I was 12 and didn't know how "cool" it was. Since then, I've been in 2011, 13-19 missing one in there. I'm with my 20 month old whose daycare shut down. I'm thinking I skip because I don't want to be "that guy" that took the annoying kid.

I'll take it off your hands
sburg2007
I'd personally have no problem giving it away, but it's a business partner so likely frowned upon!
investorAg83
AG
sburg2007 said:

I'd personally have no problem giving it away, but it's a business partner so likely frowned upon!

Pretty sure he was offering to babysit.
sburg2007
I guess "it" is an acceptable pronoun these days!
wbt5845
AG
Mr Gigem said:

wbt5845 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Dumb question, but did you have a credit card stored in your wallet?

No, but I was trying to use the money we got for letting our season ticket payment roll over.
wbt5845
AG
NEVERMIND - I think I was using the wrong code. A QR code pops up when you enter the Wallet - but you go INTO payment method and there's a different QR for the Bonus Credit from last season.
Mr Gigem
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
If anyone is interested in torturing themselves. Game 6 of the 2011 WS is on FS1. Bottom of the 9th right now.
Mr. White
Go Rangers!
sburg2007
Why? Why would anyone ever want to watch that again?
Carlo4
AG
https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/31174442/president-joe-biden-calls-no-limit-fans-texas-rangers-stadium-not-responsible

Top story on ESPN. Good thing we are terrible and 50% capacity is what we will be most times.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

If anyone is interested in torturing themselves. Game 6 of the 2011 WS is on FS1. Bottom of the 9th right now.

Welp. I checked for everyone. Freese still hits a triple in the bottom of the 9th.
Trucker 96
People who struggle not to **** their own pants and fall down the stairs can keep their opening day attendance opinions to themselves
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem
AG
Coordinated hit piece by ESPN right before season starts. Nice

Good thing 40% of Texas is vaccinated Joe. And hey guess what, nobody is being forced to go games so just stay home if you want
AgBQ-00
AG
It's opening day!! Hope we can spoil the home opener for the royals
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem
AG
Since Gov. Abbott's EO on 3/2, the 7 day average for new daily cases in Texas has been nearly cut in half. Call me crazy, but I don't think GLF being at full capacity is going to change that
DeangeloVickers
AG
CampingAg
AG
Rangers at 100% attendance and the Blue Jays can't even play in their own country. Texas forever.
DallasAg 94
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Getting my predictions in before Opening day ends:

AL East - Yankees (ugh)
AL Central - Twins
AL West - Oakland (not sure why but have a feeling. The Astros without Verlander and with an aging Grienke will struggle, I think.)
Wild Cards - Blue Jays and Astros

AL Champs - Yankees

NL East - Braves
NL Central - Cards
NL West - Dodgers

Wild Cards - Padres and Brewers (thought about going Mets here but their division is tougher)

NL Champs - Braves

World Series Champs - Yankees (ugh)
toucan82
itshappening.gif
wbt5845
AG
So, still no motion on the Bally Sports front? So the only broadcast is on Spectrum and... ? I tried that sportssurge.com thing and my phone caught AIDS.
KT 90
AG
The pregame is on Bally SW for me. I guess Bally bought FoxSports SW? I've never heard of it until I flipped on the pregame 20 minutes ago.

On DirecTV it's the same channel as it was previously when it was FoxSportsSW.

Super Aggie 64
AG
Bally Sports SW is the same channel number as FSSW. You can also watch on the Fox Sports Go app if you have credentials.
Mr Gigem
AG
Seems to be working for me

ryanhnc10
AG
IKF doesn't score on a double off the top of the wall while on 2nd. Wtf
gigem1223
ryanhnc10 said:

IKF doesn't score on a double off the top of the wall while on 2nd. Wtf

Terrible read off the bat

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.