*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,879 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
alvtimes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
back to draft.... Would Leiters not sign with Rangers in 2021 draft knowing that 2022 may be a lost season strike/lockout????
wbt5845
AG
I don't really think they have the talent to commit to 2022 without some major FA signings.

I know you guys laugh and say this ownership is cheap, but when the team was competing for pennants, they showed no resistance to spending money to win. They have not spent money the last few years because they were not in a position to win. I think ti lazy to just claim "they're cheap and will neve spend money" when they've poured money into this team in previous years.

But let's take the most sanguine look at this roster and ask ourselves - what COULD 2022 look like? I'll put a STAR next to the guys who I feel are ML ready at that position.

C - Trevino/Huff
* 1B - Lowe
2B - Solak
* SS - IKF
3B - Jung
LF - Calhoun
* CF - Garcia
* RF - Gallo
DH - ?

SPs
* Gibson
* Arihara
Allard
Dunning
Cole Winn
Hans Crouse

Some pieces have been identified, but only four everyday players for sure? They club would need to sign - a 2B, a LF and a DH, along with at least one starting pitcher, maybe two? The FA signings are all a function of how good they feel about the minor leaguers I've penciled in there.

My point really was - if they do not trade Gallo and Gibson, they really OUGHT to go ahead and go for it in 2022.

OF COURSE ALL BETS ARE OFF IF THEY'RE LOOKING TO SELL. Payroll is low - they only have $18 MM in dead money in 2022 to Elvis and Odor.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Trucker 96
Nobody is going to steal Seattle's signs. Even the pitcher can barely figure them out
Mr Gigem
AG
Schall 02
AG
Really really really hoping Ohtani is the AL's SP in the All-Star Game.
KT 90
AG
New pitcher on active roster alert:

DallasAg 94
Quincey P. Morris
AG

Dayum.
WestTexasAg
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

Dayum.
That's incredible!
WestTexasAg
AG
Could Eli White actually develop in to a player for us? I had kind of given up on him, but he has been very good as of late. Would love to see him continue to develop and take one of the outfield spots. White, Garcia and Gallo would likely be the best defensive outfield in baseball. The key for White is to keep hitting.
rbtexan
S
WestTexasAg said:

Could Eli White actually develop in to a player for us? I had kind of given up on him, but he has been very good as of late. Would love to see him continue to develop and take one of the outfield spots. White, Garcia and Gallo would likely be the best defensive outfield in baseball. The key for White is to keep hitting.

I don't think he's going to hit enough long term to be a starter. He could be an exceptional 4th outfielder though.
option short side
AG
From last night
Super Aggie 64
AG
3 Rangers make the All Star team.
Kyle Gibson
Joey Gallo
Adolis Garcia
wbt5845
AG
Only Padres and Astros have more.
wbt5845
AG
Really happy for this guy

KT 90
AG
wbt5845 said:

That is crazy....
KT 90
AG
wbt5845 said:

Really happy for this guy

He deserves it, and is a great feel good story with him starting the season in the minors and now is in the MLB all-star game. Congrats to him.

Grapesoda2525
How did they all get in? I doubt it was fan voting.
gigem1223
Gibson - stats speak for themself
Adolis - same
Gallo - top 5 in AL OBP and HRs, elite defensively. His June tear probably boosted him in.

A couple stats I found. IKF leads the league in defensive WAR and outs made. Dude just continues to flash the leather, no matter where you put him.

Proposition Joe
Gallo is a Top 25 player in the league, some people just can't wrap their minds around high strikeout totals.
_lefraud_
AG
wbt5845 said:

Boston 5
Toronto 4

Several other teams have 3
wbt5845
AG
_lefraud_ said:

wbt5845 said:

Boston 5
Toronto 4

Several other teams have 3
You'll want to e-mail Bally Sports Southwest then for saying that.
planoaggie123
AG
Question for tickets/seating....will be first time at this stadium and first time to a game in years...

What would be better seats....Mezzanine or Corner Box? Either side (home/away) any better?

We will be going on Sunday....
KT 90
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Question for tickets/seating....will be first time at this stadium and first time to a game in years...

What would be better seats....Mezzanine or Corner Box? Either side (home/away) any better?

If you go back a few pages DallasAg 94 posted a seating chart and some thoughts on different locations; a few other chimed in as well.

We went recently and sat in 121. Pretty good seats, around first base and not too high. (DallasAg was right though... the seats are pointed right at 2nd base ). I don't think home or away side really matters. If you are buying from the Rangers site, make sure to use the code on the first page of this thread, it'll save you some money.

planoaggie123
AG
KT 90 said:

planoaggie123 said:

If you go back a few pages DallasAg 94 posted a seating chart and some thoughts on different locations; a few other chimed in as well.

We went recently and sat in 121. Pretty good seats, around first base and not too high. (DallasAg was right though... the seats are pointed right at 2nd base ). I don't think home or away side really matters. If you are buying from the Rangers site, make sure to use the code on the first page of this thread, it'll save you some money.

Thanks!

I am trying to decide between 124 and 223.

It is hard to tell how much higher / farther I would be in the 200 section vs 100 section.

My kids will probably be bored and ready to go by about the 5th or 6th inning so not sure how much I want to "invest" in seats. Would save about $60 by going higher and would effectively pay for all the food/drink we would consume. I also want to make sure our seats are not so far / high they have a hard time following the game...
DallasAg 94
planoaggie123
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

planoaggie123 said:

Thanks!

It is hard to tell how much higher / farther I would be in the 200 section vs 100 section.

My kids will probably be bored and ready to go by about the 5th or 6th inning so not sure how much I want to "invest" in seats. Would save about $60 by going higher and would effectively pay for all the food/drink we would consume. I also want to make sure our seats are not so far / high they have a hard time following the game...
My personal opinion.

Premise. I put experience over price almost every time. Some times it is good to just be present... but for me I'm usually willing to spend a little extra. My kids are spoiled and entitled, but not as much as some of my nephews.

Having said that... how old are the kids? If you are going to enjoy a game with the kids enjoying baseball... go for the closer seats.

If you are looking to make an overall experience out of it. Go cheaper seats and spend your time walking around checking things out. You can go to the 1st level and watch from behind the seats. You can go to the OF areas and see some of the features like the bobbleheads Chuck Morgan's booth. If it isn't well attended, you might be able to just drop into some lower level seats.

$60 could buy hats or other souvenirs that the kids (depending on age) will long remember after they forget the game.
They are 5 (son) and 7 (daughter).

I think that is the right idea....go slightly cheaper on the seats and spend more time around the park and money on food / stuff.
KT 90
AG
planoaggie123 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

planoaggie123 said:

Thanks!

My personal opinion.

Premise. I put experience over price almost every time. Some times it is good to just be present... but for me I'm usually willing to spend a little extra. My kids are spoiled and entitled, but not as much as some of my nephews.

Having said that... how old are the kids? If you are going to enjoy a game with the kids enjoying baseball... go for the closer seats.

If you are looking to make an overall experience out of it. Go cheaper seats and spend your time walking around checking things out. You can go to the 1st level and watch from behind the seats. You can go to the OF areas and see some of the features like the bobbleheads Chuck Morgan's booth. If it isn't well attended, you might be able to just drop into some lower level seats.

$60 could buy hats or other souvenirs that the kids (depending on age) will long remember after they forget the game.
They are 5 (son) and 7 (daughter).

I think that is the right idea....go slightly cheaper on the seats and spend more time around the park and money on food / stuff.

If they get bored during the game, take them to the bobble heads in the center field area (4th level I think?). There is also an open area up there as well with stuff to keep younger kids busy for a bit, and you can still watch the game (albeit from a ways away).

My kids are older, but we went up there to take some pictures with the bobble heads. If they watch the games on tv very much I am sure they have seen the bobble heads, seeing them and taking a couple of pictures up there might help them "remember" the game.

And if you are buying from the Ranger website, don't forget that you save some money on the ticket price after you enter the code that Mr. Gigem provided for us. It might enable you to move a section or two closer possibly.

Enjoy the game. That is a great age to get the kids interested in baseball, if they aren't already.
gigem1223
Anyone heard if Joey or Adolis are considering (or being considered) for the home run derby?
planoaggie123
AG
Went with Section 223. Should give them a good "field of view" for the game although the players may look a tad smaller. I bet we spend a decent amount of time running around the park and at the concession stands.

I need the wife to run by the lexus dealership to get a Lexus parking pass....
DallasAg 94

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.