*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,836 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
sburg2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's precisely what they're trying to do. They've cut tons of affiliates at the lower level because they know they're going to have to pay minor leaguers more.
wbt5845
AG
Maybe ASG in Arlington? (hahaha)
alvtimes
DallasAg 94 said:

sburg2007 said:

I'm sure I'll get hammered for my synopsis, but they're requiring I'd for voting. The left says it's racist because minorities are poor and can't get an ID due to placement and hours of ID centers (DL Offices.)
Ironically... you can't buy tickets without an ID and you can't pickup tickets from Will Call, without an ID.

The Rangers were cashless in 2020, so you can't buy anything, without an ID.

why are the Rangers cashless?
Trucker 96
Covid. No currency going back and forth
alvtimes
so people get Covid from money now???
Trucker 96
A lot of places went to this in the past year. I don't mind it. Paying in cash is like paying with a check now, just slows things down. Or having a flip phone.
alvtimes
hope u dont get in a line behind me.... cash it is!!!!
Trucker 96
Ok boomer
alvtimes
that sounds stupid!!!! how about tired of having money ripped out of account due to POS and card scams. Tired of fighting with banks to get the money back... tired of dealing with fraud reports.. one day you'll understand.... kid.
Trucker 96
I'm Gen X

Correction. I'm Gen X!!!!
wbt5845
AG
alvtimes said:

that sounds stupid!!!! how about tired of having money ripped out of account due to POS and card scams. Tired of fighting with banks to get the money back... tired of dealing with fraud reports.. one day you'll understand.... kid.
You can input your credit card info into the Ballpark app and just scan the QR code at the stands. It's a fairly fraud proof system. And even if you use a card, you put it in the reader yourself so the people at the stand have no access to your card.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I'm Gen X and I use cash most of the time. The main reason is that it limits my spending and makes me think about what I'm buying and whether I really need or want it. It's psychological for me. No other reason.
Trucker 96
Dave Ramsey checking in
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Nope, not a Dave Ramsey follower. Trust me, I have plenty of debt!
Mr Gigem
AG
alvtimes said:

TXAggie2011
AG
sburg2007 said:

That's precisely what they're trying to do. They've cut tons of affiliates at the lower level because they know they're going to have to pay minor leaguers more.
Fill me in on what you mean. MLB got that law through Congress a few years ago allowing them to not have to pay minimum wage or overtime to minor leaguers. And then have ransacked the minor leagues anyways.

sburg2007
I think they see the writing on the wall that eventually it will happen. In addition, they now have full control over affiliates and are paying even less salaries.
TXAggie2011
AG
sburg2007 said:

I think they see the writing on the wall that eventually it will happen. In addition, they now have full control over affiliates and are paying even less salaries.
I think they (MLB) found a way to make themselves more money and spend less money. Period.
Mathguy64
AG
NM. Sorry. Clicked a thread without looking.
LonghornDub
You may want to modify your pick for AL West. The A's are breathing the Astros' gas fumes.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

DeangeloVickers
AG
Manfred should be fired. Mlb is already losing fans..now this. They've lost their damn mind
sburg2007
It's funny because the cancel culture folks won't flock to baseball and become fans. They will have one goal in mind and that is to come after the next non-issue they have a problem with.
hawk1689
AG
He should be fighting like hell to get Bally Sports to negotiate with streaming services instead. I'm considering leaving the whole damn game behind. Tired of the bullsh.
DeangeloVickers
AG
TV Casualty
AG
It's concerning to me how a narrative gets crafted by the media and then the wave of virtue signaling begins. I doubt anyone at MLB even knows what is specifically in the voting law.

I don't understand the desire of these large institutions to get involved in politics. Just another way that social media has exerted pressure on society. Mighty institutions will just bend the knee to whatever the latest round of emotional screeching exists on Twitter.
KT 90
AG

DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Txhuntr
AG
hawk1689 said:

He should be fighting like hell to get Bally Sports to negotiate with streaming services instead. I'm considering leaving the whole damn game behind. Tired of the bullsh.

Can we just get fox sports with their scorebox graphic back instead of the abomination this Bally's one is?
Trucker 96
Yeah, I could get used to the format, but the full out Bally's ad with slogan is ridiculous
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

KT 90 said:

Hmmm... "Bally Sports Southwest."

Don't get.

Can't watch.

Yeah, it was kind of strange I knew nothing about the switch from FSSW to Bally. Or was it a buyout? On Directv it's on the exact same channel. But now some of you don't have Bally in place of FSSW, so maybe it wasn't a buyout.

Would've been nice for y'all to know about this ahead of time. Or maybe I just missed the announcement.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm not too fond of the new one, but the Fox Sports regionals are no more. Sinclair Media that owns them sounds like they're a pain in the ass since these channels are practically not on any providers since they bought them.
Trucker 96
Disney bought Fox. Because Disney already owned ESPN, the Justice Dept made them divest Fox Sports channels. So Sinclair media bought them.

As time has gone on, fewer outlets are carrying it because of the $$$ Sinclair wants. This is where cord-cutting is starting to get squeezed; hard to provide the pricing cord cutters want while meeting the ever growing price leagues are demanding to broadcast their sport. But it's beyond just streaming in this case because the other non-streaming services are trying to stay price competitive to mitigate losing customers to cord cutting. All while Sinclair is trying to make $$$ on their $10 billion investment
jtstanley4621
AG
Fitting that this terrible team is on a network like that
hawk1689
AG
I got back to the days of HSN. I always hate change.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.