*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,630 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quincey P. Morris said:

I hear you on that, but As I recall Gallo has said he wants to stay in Texas and has indicated he doesn't need to a ridiculous contract to do it. I know how Boras operates, but he has been overridden by his clients before.

But we've also heard similar things from players before too. Maybe it's genuine, but good chance it's just posturing as well.

STEP 1: Tell the media you want to stay in Texas and willing to work something out.

STEP 2: Play hard ball behind closed doors

STEP 3: When team doesn't meet your demands, nudge local reporter (*cough* Engel *cough*) to write a front office / Daniels hit piece about how we're going to lose this generational talent (the same talent that said writer likely knocked in a piece a week prior as being not worth the money).

STEP 4: Team either cracks under the pressure and meets demands, or player walks but the locals all assume it was the front office that couldn't get it done and wasn't the player demanding too much.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
jtstanley4621
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Please, baseball gods, let him develop into a homegrown top of the line starter. Have we not suffered enough?
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
I'm sticking by what I said all along. Give me a vandy pitcher. Prefer Leiter, but still would be stoked to get rocker.
jtstanley4621
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

I'd love to see the Rangers sign a #1 this offseason to a 5 year contract (with a 6th year vesting based on IP), with the idea they'd mentor and pour into the young guys. I don't know if that is a Lance Lynn, GIbson, or someone else.

Count me among those who would be stunned if this ownership group shelled out the money to sign a number 1 for that long
wbt5845
AG
Maybe Allard needs to go with Gallo tomorrow to pitch for him in the Derby.
KT 90
AG
wbt5845 said:

Maybe Allard needs to go with Gallo tomorrow to pitch for him in the Derby.

Make it three bombs allowed thus far today. 3-0 A's
KT 90
AG
Cole Winn allowed a solo hr in the first inning of the Futures Game. Retired the other three batters. Was hitting 94-95 with his FB.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
AggieEP
What's sad is that in the past 2 years there have been nice pieces available like Bumgarner and Castellanos that wouldn't have taken insane money to sign and would have upgraded the the big league team in a big way. Imagine Castellanos behind or in front of Gallo and what that would do to help Gallo put up better numbers. Lineup depth is really important, and right now the Rangers are like 2.5 deep with big league quality hitters.

I'm hoping this off-season the rangers find a way to acquire 2-3 more big league caliber players. One kind of under the radar guy is check up on would be Byron Buxton. Injuries have battered him, but at some point his luck has to improve and it looked like he'd finally figured it out with the bat earlier this year. See if you can find the Twins trying to sell him off in conjunction with extending him.

I'd also check in on Rendon, the Angels have a big decision looming because Ohtani looks like he could be a 30 million dollar player. Get the Angels to to eat a big portion of his money and fix the hole at 3rd base.

C - Huff
1B - Jung or Rendon
2B - ?
SS - Kiner-Falefa
3B - Rendon or Jung
LF - ?
CF - Buxton
RF - Gallo

That's a lineup that starts to look a lot more like a MLB level offense.

I think Leiter is the safe pick tonight, but hopefully whoever it is becomes a star for us, it's been way too long since we have drafted and developed a star and it feels like we are due.
DallasAg 94
planoaggie123
AG
Kids had a good time at the game today. Enjoyed the new stadium. Seems to lack the same experience from an older, outdoor stadium but after Jerry World
and others that clearly is the trend and new requirement.

investorAg83
AG
The Davis kid is really intriguing. Plus bat, plus arm

I'm fully prepared for us to do something completely random and somehow piss away this opportunity. T minus 1 hour.

I do agree with that tweet thoughI'm not as high on rocker. While I prefer Leiter by a landslide, an argument could be made for a position player. Every day contributer, higher likelihood of making impact in the bigs than pitchers, etc. I still take Leiter if he's there.
investorAg83
AG
Nvmmisheard tv from a distance.
Grapesoda2525
Espn has live draft coverage. A rare thing for mlb? Live draft coverage.

Right now.
KT 90
AG
Pirates took Davis, catcher.
KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Espn has live draft coverage. A rare thing for mlb? Live draft coverage.

Right now.

Also on mlb channel
investorAg83
AG
Davis really made a name for himself at the 'combine' held recently.
Super Aggie 64
AG
Jack Leiter
KT 90
AG
Leiter!!
rbtexan
S
Maybe the Rangers finally got it righ.....

And there's the Tommy John surgery.

I kid, I kid
Grapesoda2525
Probably won't find many ranger fans who don't like the pick. Good job front office.
TDub
AG
THANK GOD
KT 90
AG

KT 90
AG

Grapesoda2525
Sports-Ag
AG
Great pick up
Silvertaps
AG
Cowser the highest Sam Houston player ever drafted?
jkag89
Silvertaps said:

Cowser the highest Sam Houston player ever drafted?
The highest overall before today was Glenn Wilson who was picked 18th overall by the Tigers in 1980.
Grapesoda2525
No matter how it turns out I can't criticize this easy to criticize front office because I would have done the exact same thing if I was making the pick.

Really hope his floor is a solid #2. Leiter is already rated as the #40 overall prospect in mlb now. It's also probably a good sign that the Red Sox tried to bully us into not taking him.
WestTexasAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

No matter how it turns out I can't criticize this easy to criticize front office because I would have done the exact same thing if I was making the pick.

Really hope his floor is a solid #2. Leiter is already rated as the #40 overall prospect in mlb now. It's also probably a good sign that the Red Sox tried to bully us into not taking him.
What did the Red Sox do?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.