*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,900 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
alvtimes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
has this thread already done "who should the Rangers draft next month"? I cant remember but Im going with Jack Leiter
DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
I still think we need to draft the best college pitcher available. They aren't guarantees, but that's the best shot at improving the pitching for the long haul vs. the short term gap fillers we always get.

What happened to drop Leiter and Rocker a few slots down in the projections? I do recall Rocker having a couple outings where he gave up multiple bombs.
powerbelly
AG
KT 90 said:

I still think we need to draft the best college pitcher available. They aren't guarantees, but that's the best shot at improving the pitching for the long haul vs. the short term gap fillers we always get.

What happened to drop Leiter and Rocker a few slots down in the projections? I do recall Rocker having a couple outings where he gave up multiple bombs.
Rocker had a velocity drop for a few starts during the season but seems to be back to normal lately.
DallasAg 94
Tastybrisket10
AG
I am just hopeful they stay away from HS in the top 10 as much as possible. There's something off in the scouting, development, and conditioning department to where I don't trust their ability to develop an 18 year old into a quality player like other strong organizations, I just don't know what it is.
DallasAg 94
rbtexan
S
Personally, I don't put much stock into mock drafts. They're a decent barometer, but the up & down fluctuations whenever a player has a bad game or two are most likely knee jerk reactions of writers, not scouts & organizations.
I suspect the Rangers know who they're going to select and have for a while now. Given their track record, whoever it is will be a stiff, but hey....even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then, so maybe we'll get lucky.
Tastybrisket10
AG
I saw that and it concerned me.
Tastybrisket10
AG
I'm not convinced our scouting department doesn't depend on mock drafts.
Grapesoda2525
Tastybrisket10 said:

I'm not convinced our scouting department doesn't depend on mock drafts.
If they did, they would actually draft better.
Trucker 96
It would be very Rangers to draft a C. That said, the Davis kid can friggin hit. Better college stats than Jung. I read an article about him a few weeks ago. Hits for average. Hits for power. Strikeouts are pretty rare. Whoever wrote it saw him have 10 plate appearances over 2 games and he swung and missed once.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Fore Left! said:

It would be very Rangers to draft a C. That said, the Davis kid can friggin hit. Better college stats than Jung. I read an article about him a few weeks ago. Hits for average. Hits for power. Strikeouts are pretty rare. Whoever wrote it saw him have 10 plate appearances over 2 games and he swung and missed once.

The Rangers coaching and development staff would rectify that real quick!
Tastybrisket10
Grapesoda2525
Fore Left! said:

Would that mean they are already giving up on the legendary Sam huff who we hear so much about but rarely see?
wbt5845
AG
Gibson activated and starts tonight.
DallasAg 94
CatD11Ag
AG
Saw this in a mock draft - written by Keith Law, with The Athletic. Admit I know nothing about this kid but interesting if JD goes with a SS at #2. Henry Davis - catcher at Louisville is who he is referring to.

rbtexan
S
Lawler is very highly regarded as a prospect. Someone on here made a comparison to Alex Rodriguez, which is inaccurate from all the scouting reports I've seen. He compares more closely to Derek Jeter, which is still a HOF level shortstop.

I think who they choose will be an indication of how long (or short) they view this rebuild as taking. If they take Lawler, they likely feel that they aren't close to contending for 4/5 years or so. If they take a college player, particularly one of the pitchers, they likely feel they will have things turned around sooner.

Whichever direction they decide to go, rest assured they will blow it and it'll be the wrong choice. It's the Ranger way.
CatD11Ag
AG
Thank you - the feedback is much appreciated. If he is anywhere close to Derek Jeter potential then draft him!

DallasAg 94
CatD11Ag
AG
Can someone explain why Jason Martin is on the big league roster??? He is hitting 0.077 and as I watch him play I have no clue who decided he was ready for the big leagues.
wbt5845
AG
Where I sat today - was awesome.

Tastybrisket10
AG
That projected 2023 rotation makes me sad.
Mr Gigem
AG
I'm in that picture

DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
CatD11Ag
AG
Michael Wacha takes the mound for the Rays today. One of my favorite Aggie baseball players; leaves me conflicted.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Trucker 96
I answer the phone for any and everyone on this roster. But no one is going to give up great assets for Adolis based on what he did for 2 months at 28 years old. But if he keeps it up, maybe by the end of July there's a decent offer, but I still doubt it being worth it
Tastybrisket10
AG
All of the Adolis trade conversation makes too much sense, they won't do it. They've got him on the cheap for a long period of time.
DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
I've only seen bits and pieces of the game today, but nice outing for Dunning. 5IP, 3H, 0R, 2BB, 6K.

KT 90
AG
Martin even got a hit! Raised that average all the way up to .118

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.