*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,972 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Khris Davis DFA'd. Eli White recalled from the minors.
Trucker 96
Good. His only value was if he could play well enough to be flipped, but all he did was confirm he's got jack **** left in the tank. In the roid era, hitters like Davis could be productive to mid to late 30s. I think we're seeing some guys age out in their early 30s again like the old days
wbt5845
AG
So Kyle Gibson will be the interesting trade. Dude can make a case not just for being an All Star, but STARTING the All Star game. Still leading the league in ERA.
alvtimes
Hop back to draft real quick...What level of minor league ball does Vandy/Sec equal to.... I think its crazy when mocks have falling Leiter/Rocker and rising HS ss. The 2 Vandy pitchers have excelled at highest level in college but where does it fall on the minors level...... very good AA?????
Schall 02
AG
I presume the easiest way to compare would be average age.
wbt5845
AG
alvtimes said:

Hop back to draft real quick...What level of minor league ball does Vandy/Sec equal to.... I think its crazy when mocks have falling Leiter/Rocker and rising HS ss. The 2 Vandy pitchers have excelled at highest level in college but where does it fall on the minors level...... very good AA?????

I've seen the argument really good D1 baseball is the equivalent of AA ball. College pitching though is typically not that good though. The good pitchers typically go pro right away.
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
And Gallo hits a screaming line drive into the right field stands.

THOSE PEOPLE HAVE CHILDREN JOEY!
KT 90
AG
Gallo with another laser to get the out at the plate. Wasn't even close.

Trucker 96
I guess they built the roof high enough
dave94
AG
At the park for the first time. I like it but still miss the old girl.

We're actually playing pretty well except for that horrid error by Lowe and now this lead off home run.
cmiller00
dave94
AG
HOLY F*CK
Tastybrisket10
AG
That loss would've been tilting if I cared...geez.
EastSideAg2002
They played a close game until the end in which they then improved their draft slot.

DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
Gallo got dinged up last night as well. Not in the lineup today:

KT 90
AG
And it's an early start today (1:05pm) for the WFH crowd.

DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
jtstanley4621
AG
What do y'all think is going to come of the pitchers using foreign substances investigations? Feels like it's gaining more traction. Apparent Gerrit Cole fumbled his answer when someone asked him if he'd ever used them. I seem to remember a lot being made about his spin rate increasing when he went to the Astros. Would be funny to see them get yet another asterisk on that title run.
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
MLB has a tough sell. They have to attract younger fans. So they need games shorter - BUT they need lots of scoring.

You can have short games and lots of scoring in football and basketball since they're on a clock. Baseball has no clock.

I know this is heretical, but I'd consider a 7 inning game. Flame me - just trying to think outside the box.

And Gibson is smokin' today.
DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
wbt5845 said:

two solo bombs for the Giants in the 5th to make it 2-0.

KT 90
AG
wbt5845 said:

MLB has a tough sell. They have to attract younger fans. So they need games shorter - BUT they need lots of scoring.

You can have short games and lots of scoring in football and basketball since they're on a clock. Baseball has no clock.

I know this is heretical, but I'd consider a 7 inning game. Flame me - just trying to think outside the box.

Baseball needs more action plays. I don't have the stats, but you see reference to how few balls are being put in play (i.e. too many strikeouts). And then when they do put the ball in play, too many are being hit into the shift.

Lower the mound a bit to help cut down on velo and strikeouts. I don't think it is realistic to move the mound back; pitchers have trained for years throwing from certain distance; plus the logistics of moving the mounds on the fields and bullpens for Majors and minor league parks, plus I'd assume that the college and high schools would adopt the same distance eventually? Not realistic imo, but they are experimenting with both lowered mounds and moving the mound back in some lower level minor leagues this season.

I also think baseball needs to reign in the shift. They are also experimenting with this in the lower level minors. I'd say make teams keep four infielders with their feet on the dirt, but you can move around as you like. But whatever works. You'd like to think that the hitters would adjust, but it just doesn't seem to be happening.

Flame me....

Trucker 96
I start with legislating the shift out of the game. As far as purists that object, the game right now is pure crap. After a season or two of seeing that impact, lower the mound if the product still needs work
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I've been against banning the shift. I'm coming around to the idea though.
AgBQ-00
AG
What will fix this team
KT 90
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

What will fix this team

Better players

Which would take better drafting and development. Hopefully we don't screw up our upcoming first round pick in the draft.
KT 90
AG
Holy moly, this reliever for the Giants throws so side-armed it looks like he is about to fall over when he throws
wbt5845
AG
Longest. Video. Review. Ever
KT 90
AG
wbt5845 said:

Longest. Video. Review. Ever

And still looked like they got it wrong...

Tastybrisket10
AG
Ban the shift. Let hitters mash and fielders field.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.