*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,977 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Schall 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree that baseball is in trouble but it is not because of politics. It's because there is too much dead time. I sat at the Rockies game last night timing how long pitchers warmed up between innings and then sat perplexed wondering why the good-old-last-warmup-pitch-throw-to-2B still happens. What a waste of time.
Mr. White
Is it more dead time or shortened attention spans?

Trucker 96
The length of game is growing every year. They've got to figure out how to get them back to around 2:45.
KT 90
AG
hawk1689 said:

I got back to the days of HSN. I always hate change.

HSE I think it was. Norm Hitzges and whoever else were the announcers from old Arlington Stadium. Lots of bad baseball back in those days.
Trucker 96
Merle Harmon. The world was a better place when more guys named Merle were in it
KT 90
AG
Gallo with a first inning bomb against old friend Mike Minor. Up 2-0 in the 2nd
bigcat22
AG
Schall 02
AG
Mr. White said:

Both, for sure. But MLB can't change attention spans.
J.P. 03
AG
The Ticket guys were saying that apparently the plan is for Sinclair to offer Bally Sports directly to consumers in 2022 without having to go through a provider, which may explain their lack of motivation to get more deals done this season.
wbt5845
AG
Good to see Mike Minor attacking the strike zone like he always did for us.
tk for tu juan
watch out for that sun
KT 90
AG
Arihara was sharp the first time through the lineup, second time through they are catching up to him. Still lead 4-3.
DallasAg 94
PatAg
AG
I don't care at all about their personal lives. They just need to play for the same team for an extended period if time.
KT 90
AG
And for the second game in a row, our bullpen sucks balls.

Down 6-4, Royals still batting.
Trucker 96
It's looking like 0-162 is in play
PatAg
AG
KT 90 said:

And for the second game in a row, our bullpen sucks balls.

Down 6-4, Royals still batting.

I imagine having to pitch 8 2/3 the previous game didn't help
Our pitching staff as a whole is bad
DallasAg 94
tk for tu juan
Build a lead thru 5 and hope for rain to end the game, too bad they now have a roof
jtstanley4621
AG
This is going to be a loooonnngggg season. Absolutely think we'll be in play for the first overall pick
PatAg
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

PatAg said:

I don't care at all about their personal lives. They just need to play for the same team for an extended period if time.
Sure you do. It may not be their personal life off the field... but it damn sure is their personal life on the field.

Who is your favorite player?

You probably attached personally to a player because of an experience. It is that attachment that is necessary.

My example was how I was able to get people females to love a sport they had no interest in liking.
I just said I dont care about anything they do off the field, which is their personal life. What they do on the field is in no way their personal life. They need to play here for a couple of years, and then you can form an attachment. It helps if the team plays well too, but its not required.

Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Mr. White said:

I believe it is just an overall lack of attachment.

Dead time in the game is natural and actually part of the game. It is a social sport where you immerse in the experience. Father-Son. Debates.

FA kinda killed it. Players swapping to other teams hurt baseball more than any other sport.

When I was at A&M, I had several girls I dated who grew to love baseball. How did I do it, other than being incredibly awesome and forcing them to watch/listen? Personalize the players. "He is married, two kids, born in DR, favorite color is green."

Why were Michael Young and Rusty Greer so popular? Because fans could attach themselves to them. Ruben Sierra was not a popular player because fans never attached to him. Pudge was an easy one... "He got called up and decided to marry his fiance that day." Then, he'd engage with the fans.

Fewer players do that, today. And when they do... they leave. Andrus was a fan favorite.

If you are a Rangers fan... there are no players to really attach to. You know Gallo is gone. IKF seems likeable. But nobody on this roster is "I've gotta watch that player."

If I'm attached to players, I can deal with watching 5 players hit, waiting for my player to come up.
If I'm not attached to a player. I become indifferent to the actual team.

Sadly, I'm more inclined to follow the A's, than I am the Rangers. At this point, I am more attached to Andrus and Moreland... than I am anyone on the Rangers.
Odor was popular because he punched Bautista.
Grapesoda2525
My advice to the big stink at his next location :

Clean your helmet
Button up your shirt
Clean up your beard
Stop showing off your jewelry
Stop bat flippin' on a 4 ball walk
Stop acting like you are 6' tall
Focus on playing Baseball, the other stuff didn't work.
BCSWguru
jtstanley4621 said:

This is going to be a loooonnngggg season. Absolutely think we'll be in play for the first overall pick

The Pirates will have something to say about that
Trucker 96
It's bad enough that we have to watch this suck team, but can you at least stop posting about Odor? FFS, get a ****ing life. Pathetic
Grapesoda2525
Fore Left! said:

It's bad enough that we have to watch this suck team, but can you at least stop posting about Odor? FFS, get a ****ing life. Pathetic
Didn't take long for the first post - odor rage post. I just had to throw in my .02 on the odor situation. No need to bite my head off.
jtstanley4621
AG
LSCSN said:

jtstanley4621 said:

The Pirates will have something to say about that

They might, but I would say we have easily one of the worst starting rotations and bullpens in the MLB. That combo right there is going to lose us a ton of games.
Schall 02
AG
I should say, I am Pro-Tanking.
KT 90
AG
Guzman and Hein get a shot today.

jtstanley4621
AG
Serious question: does any other team in the MLB have a worse starting rotation than we do? Arihara and Dunning are the only pitchers who remotely inspire any sort of excitement for me and that's just more in a developmental sense than anything.
rbtexan
S
Wouldn't it be funny if Lyles winds up being our best starter?

Check that.

It wouldn't be funny, it would be nauseating.
Mr Gigem
AG
Is the camera operator in CF having a seizure? What's with all the shaking?
CampingAg
AG
Member when Brady Singer fell into our lap in the 2018 draft and we took high schooler Cole Winn who has 18 appearances in A-ball a new UCL?
Trucker 96
That line drive by Gallo back at Singer. Singer should have worn the brown pants today
Trucker 96
CampingAg said:

Member when Brady Singer fell into our lap in the 2018 draft and we took high schooler Cole Winn who has 18 appearances in A-ball a new UCL?

Why would you take a college pitcher who had proven himself to be fantastic and absolutely dominant against by far the toughest conference in college baseball when you could take a risk on a HS arm?

I swear the draft mindset of this team has been absolutely horrific.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.