*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,703 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are the rangers an eternally rebuilding team? When and where are the signs of progress?
DallasAg 94
South Platte
We should give Woodward until 5/31 to get the team playing better or he's gone. The past 9 games might be the worst stretch of baseball played by any MLB team in years. Seems like a nice guy with decent pedigree but even in year where we aren't expected to compete for a playoff spot, this is way past ridiculous.
powerbelly
AG
South Platte said:

We should give Woodward until 5/31 to get the team playing better or he's gone. The past 9 games might be the worst stretch of baseball played by any MLB team in years. Seems like a nice guy with decent pedigree but even in year where we aren't expected to compete for a playoff spot, this is way past ridiculous.
I'm not sure there is much he could be doing better.
CampingAg
AG
South Platte said:

This is absurd. We're currently in the middle of playing the best team in the NL on the road, then ten straight @Hou, vs. NYY, vs. Hou. What were you expecting in that stretch? I would've liked to win more than one so far too, but it happens. Were you praising Woody when we won series vs. Toronto, Tampa, and Boston?
South Platte
If so, then fire him tonight. This series reminded me of our hopeless '98 and '99 playoff appearances vs. NYY where we could barely muster a hit.

Now watch us sweep Houston this weekend.
powerbelly
AG
South Platte said:

If so, then fire him tonight. This series reminded me of our hopeless '98 and '99 playoff appearances vs. NYY where we could barely muster a hit.

Who would you hire that would do better?

He is outperforming expectations this year until this last bad stretch.
South Platte
powerbelly said:

South Platte said:

I have no idea who we should hire. Hopefully management has a list of guys on a list somewhere in their desk drawer.

2019 was nothing special, 2020 we were on a pace to win 60 games, and any hope of finishing within shouting distance of .500 is circling the drain. We've been no-hit twice already and had the embarrassing grand slam stretch last year.

What evidence do we have to keep him? The nice series we had vs. Boston and Minnesota? Finishing 5-5 vs. Houston last season?
alvtimes
makes more sense to fire Daniels or ownership..... they served up this roster..$80million a yr in TV money and this is the best roster they could come up with.
powerbelly
AG
South Platte said:

powerbelly said:

South Platte said:

I have no idea who we should hire. Hopefully management has a list of guys on a list somewhere in their desk drawer.

2019 was nothing special, 2020 we were on a pace to win 60 games, and any hope of finishing within shouting distance of .500 is circling the drain. We've been no-hit twice already and had the embarrassing grand slam stretch last year.

What evidence do we have to keep him? The nice series we had vs. Boston and Minnesota? Finishing 5-5 vs. Houston last season?
Do you think we have the players to be doing better? There is only so much a manager can do and it wouldn't matter if we had Torre or La Russa or Stengel running the show.
South Platte
powerbelly said:

South Platte said:

powerbelly said:

South Platte said:

Do you think we have the players to be doing better? There is only so much a manager can do and it wouldn't matter if we had Torre or La Russa or Stengel running the show.
I guess I see the role of the baseball manager extending beyond in-game strategy. He has to find a way to get the most out of his players on the roster and determine which players in spring training can help the team win.

Let's take Cleveland. They are sitting at 23-18 in a soft AL Central. Look at their roster. Total garbage. They've recently lost Brantley, Kluber, Bauer, Miller, Lindor, Clevinger, Hand, Santana and I'm sure there are others that I can't think of. Do they still compete because of amazing player development? Francona? What gives?

The Oakland A's.

It really isn't that hard to win baseball games. It's not, yet we've found a way to make it hard.
powerbelly
AG
South Platte said:

powerbelly said:

South Platte said:

powerbelly said:

South Platte said:

I guess I see the role of the baseball manager extending beyond in-game strategy. He has to find a way to get the most out of his players on the roster and determine which players in spring training can help the team win.

Agree, but you can only do so much when the GM wont get you players and you have a weak farm system.

It really isn't that hard to win baseball games. It's not, yet we've found a way to make it hard.

Rangers history seems to show winning baseball games is very hard.
You can't turn chicken **** into chicken salad.
jtstanley4621
AG
alvtimes said:

makes more sense to fire Daniels or ownership..... they served up this roster..$80million a yr in TV money and this is the best roster they could come up with.

Would absolutely love to have new owners. This current group will never ever be elite spenders, and that's what you need to have success

Daniels needs to be fully gone from the organization. I don't like that Young is our new GM but yet Daniels is still hanging around. That cannot play well in terms of the power dynamic
CampingAg
AG
South Platte, you didn't post on this thread until the most recent stretch. Feel free to join us when things are going well too. The team was actually overachieving and playing a fun brand of baseball prior to this meat grinder portion of the schedule. Looks like you just started watching one week ago though.
Txmoe
AG
Looking for suggestions for a group of family members (around 10) to get group seats or a suite at Globe Life. I've heard they have several fun sections but I know nothing about the new ballpark. TIA!
DallasAg 94
South Platte
CampingAg said:

South Platte, you didn't post on this thread until the most recent stretch. Feel free to join us when things are going well too. The team was actually overachieving and playing a fun brand of baseball prior to this meat grinder portion of the schedule. Looks like you just started watching one week ago though.

Ha. I posted a bunch of times last year. On that ridiculous trash talk thread as well. I've been addicted to the penny stock thread on B&I board lately. But we win only 40% of our games so waiting to post until we win might take a while.

I don't watch much of the games but check the boxes. Other than it's not very nice to fire a nice guy after 2.5 seasons, can anyone provide a reason why Woodward deserves to stay? And the reason can't be because mgmt gives him crappy players. What has he done that makes us think he could manage a team deep into the playoffs?
DallasAg 94
Tastybrisket10
AG
Manager is the least of my concerns with this franchise right now. Actually might be one of the few bright spots.
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Txmoe said:

Looking for suggestions for a group of family members (around 10) to get group seats or a suite at Globe Life. I've heard they have several fun sections but I know nothing about the new ballpark. TIA!
Mr GigEM is the one you are looking for.

Hello

Email me and I can help you out. jchance@texasrangers.com

And don't be like grapesoda and introduce yourself as grapesoda. You can give me your actual name when you email me
Grapesoda2525
I went to a game recently and can say that mr.gigem does all he can to help us out. He will suggest the best seats for your price range and give you the best parking he can.

Guy deserves his promotion! Use him when you need tickets!
KT 90
AG
Ugh, maybe the knee injury will give the shoulder time to get really really healed up good The draft woes continue:

South Platte
Grapesoda2525 said:

I went to a game recently and can say that mr.gigem does all he can to help us out. He will suggest the best seats for your price range and give you the best parking he can.

Is this the artist formerly known as AccidentProne?
DallasAg 94
dave94
AG
Thanks for asking, I've been wondering too!
Grapesoda2525
South Platte said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Who is that?
Mr Gigem
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

South Platte said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Who is that?

No idea
gcracker13
AG
Haven't seen it mentioned but the good guys are facing former Ag Tyler Ivey tonight. Making his big league debut
xjrayx
AG
Grapesoda2525
gcracker13 said:

Haven't seen it mentioned but the good guys are facing former Ag Tyler Ivey tonight. Making his big league debut
Hopefully Ivey pitches a good game and the rangers still win.
xjrayx
AG
Welcome back, Brock Holt!
xjrayx
AG

Awww poor guy
xjrayx
AG
Nice hit from Adolis, but got a little greedy trying to get to third. Nice relay there from the Astros.
gigem1223
Just gave them 2 outs that inning with stupid base running
xjrayx
AG

That seems decent.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.