*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,809 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
TDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need more Michael Young cards tbh
DallasAg 94
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Ryan and Beltre are my two favorite Rangers of all time. The one with everybody else I only put one in per player.
CampingAg
AG
Nice cards.

I started a project during covid trying to collect a card of every player who has ever played in a game for the Rangers. It's been fun - seen names I never would have thought of again in my life. You'd be surprised at who all had a card made. There's a few who played in just one or two games with the Rangers who have cards. Still, some don't though. For those I try to find a card of them on a different team. If not I just put a piece of paper with their name on it in their slot in my binder.
DallasAg 94
CampingAg
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

CampingAg said:

Nice cards.

I started a project during covid trying to collect a card of every player who has ever played in a game for the Rangers. It's been fun - seen names I never would have thought of again in my life. You'd be surprised at who all had a card made. There's a few who played in just one or two games with the Rangers who have cards. Still, some don't though. For those I try to find a card of them on a different team. If not I just put a piece of paper with their name on it in their slot in my binder.
How many players is that?!
I've collected 454/1003 and that's not counting any new players from this year. Pulled a report from Baseball Reference for any player whose games played was >or equal to 1.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That is really cool
Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

WestTexasAg said:

WOW! What if this Adolis Garcia dude is for real?! What if Nate Lowe continues to produce at this level?

What if we added a big time 3rd baseman to the mix at the trade deadline to go along with Gallo, Garcia, Lowe, Solak, etc? Suddenly we don't look too bad at all!

Ok......I'm getting ahead of myself a little.

He hasn't been touted as a big prospect, but he has sure looked good offensively and defensively as well. It'll be interesting to see if he can keep it up at the plate as teams get more and more film on him. Plus he plays with some energy and spark.

We have to hope he's smart and not just a meat head. The case that we will always be able to point too is roogie odor. Odor did good his first year and half, but then the league adjusted. The hitter has to adjust to the league and roogie was never able to do that.

Garcia has to draw walks and show some kind of mastery of the strike zone to have staying power. Teams will test him in all sorts of ways. It's up to him to keep teams guessing.
alvtimes
Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

WestTexasAg said:

WOW! What if this Adolis Garcia dude is for real?! What if Nate Lowe continues to produce at this level?

What if we added a big time 3rd baseman to the mix at the trade deadline to go along with Gallo, Garcia, Lowe, Solak, etc? Suddenly we don't look too bad at all!

He hasn't been touted as a big prospect, but he has sure looked good offensively and defensively as well. It'll be interesting to see if he can keep it up at the plate as teams get more and more film on him. Plus he plays with some energy and spark.

We have to hope he's smart and not just a meat head. The case that we will always be able to point too is roogie odor. Odor did good his first year and half, but then the league adjusted. The hitter has to adjust to the league and roogie was never able to do that.

Garcia has to draw walks and show some kind of mastery of the strike zone to have staying power. Teams will test him in all sorts of ways. It's up to him to keep teams guessing.

I'll play the "what-if" game also..... but instead of chasing a 3rd baseman..... Im gonna try and chase Trevor Story from Colorado..he' from Texas.... then I move IKF back to 3rd.
1.IKF 2. Solak. 3. Gallo 4. Story or Odalis. 5. Lowe 6 Story or Odalis
Fun to think about!!!!!
gigem1223
alvtimes said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

WestTexasAg said:

I'll play the "what-if" game also..... but instead of chasing a 3rd baseman..... Im gonna try and chase Trevor Story from Colorado..he' from Texas.... then I move IKF back to 3rd.
Fun to think about!!!!!

WHAT IF your top prospect (Jung) gets called up and is as advertised?
alvtimes
gigem1223 said:

alvtimes said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

WestTexasAg said:

Fun to think about!!!!!

Well with the lack of minor league ball last season..combined with foot surgery this spring.....Im just going to assume he stays in minors all season..... but in this hypothetical world... Story would be the prize!!
DallasAg 94
rbtexan
S
Draft related: FWIW, regarding the concerns over Rocker's drop in velocity, this is from MLB.com's latest draft report.

Quote:

Rocker entered the year as the Draft's consensus top prospect and now ranks third on MLB Pipeline's list behind Leiter and Lawlar. His mid-80s slider may be the nastiest secondary pitch in the entire Draft, though his fastball velocity dipped into the low 90s for three starts before returning to 93-98 mph last Friday, when he shut out Tennessee for seven innings. Scouts still would like to see him improve his changeup and command and dominate more consistently, yet he leads NCAA D-I with eight wins to go with a 1.64 ERA, 81 strikeouts (third in the nation) and a .151 opponent average in 55 innings.
"Kumar's ability to land and draw whiffs with his two plus-plus breaking balls are a separator, and the fastball is playing better than it did in high school," an AL scouting director said. "His fastball command isn't at Jack's (Leiter) level but it's enough, and he's learned to hunt at the top of the zone late for K's. Both are potential frontline arms, but there's more horsepower to the Rocker repertoire and the body is built for the long haul."
Schall 02
AG
Trevor Story is from Irving. He knows his time with the Rockies is done (see: Arenado, Nolan), and that he'll likely be traded before the deadline. I can't see the Rangers moving chips in to make that happen without an extension in place. If Story is traded to a winner, I don't see him then signing back with the clearly-rebuilding Rangers.

But I hope I'm wrong. He's a great player.
Carlo4
AG
And... very quietly... the Texas Rangers starting rotation leads the AL in ERA.
jtstanley4621
AG
Gotta say I do not think we are one player away from contending, or that it would be smart whatsoever to try and make a trade. Sucks, but it is what it is. Going to be interesting to see what our pitching looks like as the season goes on/the league adjusts
DallasAg 94
toucan82
gigem1223 said:

alvtimes said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

WestTexasAg said:

Fun to think about!!!!!

Is that even possible?
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
One of the hardest things to do in a rebuild is remember you're in a rebuild when you play well. If we want to go ahead and extend some guys who we think are long term pieces here, that's fine. But we should NOT be going after anyone at the trade deadline.
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

wbt5845 said:

One of the hardest things to do in a rebuild is remember you're in a rebuild when you play well. If we want to go ahead and extend some guys who we think are long term pieces here, that's fine. But we should NOT be going after anyone at the trade deadline.
One of the hardest things to do in a rebuild is... to know when to exit the rebuild.

I think teams will decide earlier this season about where they are. I think more teams will be sellers, unless there is more certainty about the CBA.

But, does anyone have enough talent to beat the Dodgers? That rotation is incredible.

I agree with you in that this year is a total crapshoot. Can you imagine if we'd held onto Lynn? If sellers vastly outnumber buyers, does less buy more?

I just think this rotation and bullpen will revert to form by July 1. Arihara is the real deal and I'd consider extending him. Folty might actually be worthy of extending if his arm troubles are behind him and his velocity holds. And I'm kinds getting sold on Dunning.
DallasAg 94
CampingAg
AG
Random question. Have the Indians quietly changed their mind about the name change? Everything still says Indians. On the website, in stadium, even on the jerseys.
sburg2007
They weren't doing anything until they came up with one.
KT 90
AG
Ranger #007 said:

It's similar. I got the ones I have from Michael's. That Pinterest one looks nicer.

I've also got two Aggie football ones with our guys that have gone pro in their A&M uniforms.

If anybody finds these at Michaels let me know. I can't find them on their webpage. I'll have to stop by a store sometime soon to look i person, some stores don't list all of their stuff online.

If you click on my pinterest link up above, you eventually end up on a site called: checkeredflagproducts.com However, they don't not have the smaller size like the image on my link shows available, they just have a huge one that holds 187 cards it says. I like the smaller size, which is similar to what Ranger #007 posted pics of.

I'll keep looking around, somebody probably has them. There are quite a few online that have a door that opens and closes, but I don't like that as well as what Ranger #007 posted (and my pinterest pic from the link).
CampingAg
AG
sburg2007 said:

They weren't doing anything until they came up with one.
Ha! That's how offensive it is. So offensive that for the time being until they find a non-offensive name they are still leaving the name in every visible location possible.
sburg2007
Yup
Quincey P. Morris
AG
It looks like they're gone now. There are some on eBay, but they're pretty pricey.
Trucker 96
In the words of Winston Wolf, "lets not start sucking each other's d***s yet, gentlemen." The pitching is encouraging. No way it holds anywhere near this. But at least we'll get interesting baseball this year
wbt5845
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Anyone else shocked by the A's start to the season? Weren't they a pick to be in the playoffs? You can't win the division in April, but you sure can lose it
12-1 since you posted this, including the last 11 straight. Way to go, Idaho.
Mr Gigem
AG
wbt5845 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Anyone else shocked by the A's start to the season? Weren't they a pick to be in the playoffs? You can't win the division in April, but you sure can lose it
12-1 since you posted this, including the last 11 straight. Way to go, Idaho.

Anyone else shocked by how the A's have turned it around?
Grapesoda2525
The Saturday game is on fs1 for all you folks who have been screwed by the Bally negotiations.

I'm excited because this will be my first game to watch this team.
_lefraud_
AG
I bet you've watched a ton of Yankee games though.
DallasAg 94

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.