*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

232,998 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Trucker 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LOL F bomb
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Calhoun!
WestTexasAg
AG
Man do we need a third baseman.
xjrayx
AG
Pucker time...
xjrayx
AG
Damn that sucks
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Well crap.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Dammit
Trucker 96
Playing awfully shallow. I get wanting to be ready to throw a guy out off a single, but that seemed really shallow
sburg2007
Two nights in a row love the fight. Gibson another gem. Oh well.
KT 90
AG

xjrayx
AG

I'm wondering why Woody doesn't consider flipping Gallo and Adolis at this point. At first I was happy to see Gallo getting on base as much as he is rather than striking out, but he just hasn't been as productive as he should be IMO.
Trucker 96
I think Gallo's OBP in front of Adolis who is actually driving the ball is ok. But if Gallo wants fo keep taking pitches like he's Choo, maybe he should hit 1st or 2nd like him
xjrayx
AG
Yea, good point. As frustrated as I am, I've gotta think it will turn around soon for him
Grapesoda2525
This is the worst series of the season so far!
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
TexasAggiesWin
S
Basement dwellers.... not sure it is going to get better with this roster
DallasAg 94
Proposition Joe
Holy sample sizes.
DallasAg 94
Proposition Joe
I was looking more at you referencing 6 AB or that 73% of the time Adolis gets out when Gallo is on base.

You post mounds and mounds of data, but you don't really understand how to draw any kind of meaningful conclusions from it. You'll have a guy be a future #2 SP after 3 good games that will wind up being sent down 2 months later.

Hypothesizing on small sample sizes where Adolis Garcia needs to be in the lineup in order to best complement Joey Gallo is rather pointless when Adolis Garcia it putting up numbers through 3 weeks that have almost zero chance of continuing.
investorAg83
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

xjrayx said:

I'm wondering why Woody doesn't consider flipping Gallo and Adolis at this point. At first I was happy to see Gallo getting on base as much as he is rather than striking out, but he just hasn't been as productive as he should be IMO.
Gallo has been on base 35 times in 20 Games and has scored 9 Runs.

I've been explaining this for several years.

OBP is meaningless in today's baseball. It is neat. It if fun. But, relatively meaningless.

Case in point (This is not to tote Odor, but to compare statistics):

12 GP, 5 R, 8 RBI, .175 BA, .250 OBP <- Odor batting #7-9 in 8G, 6th in 2, 4th in 1
20 GP, 9 R, 7 RBI, .226 BA, .442 OBP <- Gallo hitting 3rd in every game
21 GP, 14 R, 11 RBI, .286 BA, .375 OBP <- Solak hitting 2nd (3), 4th(5), 5th (6), 6th (5), 7th (2)

20 GP, 8 R, 13 RBI, <- Odor projected out to 20G.

NYY is getting more production from a guy hitting mostly 7-9... than they are from the guy hitting exclusively at #3... and guy that hits 75% of the time from the 2,4, 5

I love the productivity we've gotten out of Solak... and I really like Gallo's approach. Both are very in line with the traditional baseball I've grown up with.

But the Big Bang Theory has overtaken the Chip-Away Theory.

The same people complaining about Gallo 'not hitting' when he's getting on base at well over a .400 clip are the ones upset he was hitting bombs but striking out a ton in years past.
AgBQ-00
AG
It is possible to hit a ton of homers and also be disciplined at the plate. I have no problem with Joey swinging for the fences, I do have a HUGE problem with chasing crap out of the strike zone and doing absolutely nothing but wearing a path between the plate and the dugout.
powerbelly
AG
investorAg83 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

xjrayx said:

Gallo has been on base 35 times in 20 Games and has scored 9 Runs.

I've been explaining this for several years.

OBP is meaningless in today's baseball. It is neat. It if fun. But, relatively meaningless.

Case in point (This is not to tote Odor, but to compare statistics):

12 GP, 5 R, 8 RBI, .175 BA, .250 OBP <- Odor batting #7-9 in 8G, 6th in 2, 4th in 1
20 GP, 9 R, 7 RBI, .226 BA, .442 OBP <- Gallo hitting 3rd in every game
21 GP, 14 R, 11 RBI, .286 BA, .375 OBP <- Solak hitting 2nd (3), 4th(5), 5th (6), 6th (5), 7th (2)

20 GP, 8 R, 13 RBI, <- Odor projected out to 20G.

NYY is getting more production from a guy hitting mostly 7-9... than they are from the guy hitting exclusively at #3... and guy that hits 75% of the time from the 2,4, 5

I love the productivity we've gotten out of Solak... and I really like Gallo's approach. Both are very in line with the traditional baseball I've grown up with.

But the Big Bang Theory has overtaken the Chip-Away Theory.

The same people complaining about Gallo 'not hitting' when he's getting on base at well over a .400 clip are the ones upset he was hitting bombs but striking out a ton in years past.
Both are issues. Everything isn't binary.
DallasAg 94
xjrayx
AG
Trucker 96
Yang seems like a guy who could get hitters out while also ruining the curve in calculus
Trucker 96
David Murphy likes new Star Wars better than the original trilogy. I will never look at him the same way
powerbelly
AG
Fore Left! said:

David Murphy likes new Star Wars better than the original trilogy. I will never look at him the same way
That checks out for a guy who eats his hotdogs plain.
DallasAg 94
Trucker 96
That awesome starting pitching has gone back closer to what we expected
KT 90
AG
Fore Left! said:

That awesome starting pitching has gone back closer to what we expected

Yep, with the relatively small sample size we are probably in the middle of the pack now in the stats rather than leading the pack.
jtstanley4621
AG
I could see Gibson sustaining success. As bleak as it feels I would be excited if we could turn him around for some good prospects as we should have done with both Minor and Lynn. Please lock JD out of the room when discussing trading Gibson
gigem1223
jtstanley4621 said:

I could see Gibson sustaining success. As bleak as it feels I would be excited if we could turn him around for some good prospects as we should have done with both Minor and Lynn. Please lock JD out of the room when discussing trading Gibson

Agreed about Gibson but Lynn got us a pretty damn good prospect in Dunning...,
DallasAg 94

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.