*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,722 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Deadline is tomorrow afternoon and both Kennedy / gibby not moved yet.

Cmon front office.. after trading Gallo there's no point in keeping these guys. They must be moved.
I think Scherzer gets traded before we hear rumors about Gibson.

I would expect Kennedy to be a late trade.
Scherzer to the dodgers. Market should be zeroing in on Gibby now.
investorAg83
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Deadline is tomorrow afternoon and both Kennedy / gibby not moved yet.

Cmon front office.. after trading Gallo there's no point in keeping these guys. They must be moved.
I think Scherzer gets traded before we hear rumors about Gibson.

I would expect Kennedy to be a late trade.
Scherzer to the dodgers. Market should be zeroing in on Gibby now.

And Turner. Holy chit.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Dodgers are like "hey, Max, try not to ass rape any unconscious girls like our last big pitching addition"
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Schwarbee to the Red Sox. Does it just seem like this is the most active deadline in years?
Grapesoda2525
Quincey P. Morris said:

Schwarbee to the Red Sox. Does it just seem like this is the most active deadline in years?
It definitely is and it's long over due. I've made fun of the Yankees the last few years for hoarding prospects and not going for it lol and then they inevitably lose in the playoffs.
Grapesoda2525
https://www.mlb.com/news/joey-gallo-trade-prospects-on-the-rise?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage

Quote:

Josh Smith, SS (No. 7)
A second-round pick out of Louisiana State in 2019, Smith batted .324/.450/.477 in his pro debut at short-season Staten Island and immediately became the repeated subject of trade inquiries. He has outstanding bat-to-ball skills, makes the most of his solid raw power and has a chance to stick at shortstop but ultimately may wind up at second base. After missing the start of this season with a hand injury, the 23-year-old has hit .324/.448/.641 with nine homers in 39 games between Low-A and High-A.

Ezequiel Duran, 2B/SS (No. 8)
Issues with the registration process in the Dominican Republic pushed back Duran's signing two years before he finally turned pro for $10,000 in 2017. After posting the third-lowest OPS (.562) in the Rookie-level Appalachian League during his U.S. debut in 2018, he bounced back to lead the short-season New York-Penn League with 13 homers the next summer while showing off explosive bat speed and high exit velocities. The 22-year-old has batted .290/.374/.533 with 12 homers in 67 High-A games this summer and has used his solid speed to steal 12 bases.
Quote:

Trevor Hauver, 2B (No. 19)
Hauver raked as an outfielder at Arizona State and went in the third round of the 2021 Draft, after which the Yankees moved him to second base. He's an advanced hitter who makes a lot of loud contact -- he homered in each of his first five games while making his pro debut in May -- but his infield defense is very much a work in progress. The 22-year-old has batted .288/.445/.498 with nine homers in 66 Low-A games.
Glenn Otto, RHP (No. 25)
Though Otto starred as a reliever and made just four starts in three seasons at Rice, the Yankees took him in the fifth round of the 2017 Draft with the plan of making him a starter. A blood clot in his pitching shoulder and a ribcage injury limited him to 91 2/3 Minor League innings before 2021, but he has broken out at age 25 with a 3.33 ERA, .216 opponent average and 115/17K/BB ratio in 75 2/3 innings between Double-A and Triple-A. His best pitches are a 12-6 spike curveball and a mid-90s fastball, and his changeup and control have improved this year.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Lowest OPS of those 3 guys this year is .907. Josh Smith is up at 1.100.
DallasAg 94
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Seems like best case for them they're able to trade him off at a bargain basement price. The best case scenario here as far as he goes is that he's an extremely weird dude into some messed up stuff that teams aren't gonna want to deal with. Goes without saying that nothing is going to happen while the legal side is still ongoing.
DallasAg 94
jtstanley4621
AG
Trade Gibson and Kennedy or I'll burn JD's house down
Grapesoda2525
Go ahead and call your shot. How many trades do we make today?

I'm guessing 2.

I think we send Kennedy and Gibson to the same team for a better return and then another team gets either Lyles or another reliever we have on the cheap.
DallasAg 94
Quincey P. Morris
AG
MLB site just predicted Kennedy to the Phillies and Gibson to stay put due to his untimely slump.
Proposition Joe
Gibson's last game was 6IP/2ER against a likely division winner.

I think most teams know Gibson is going to turn back into a pumpkin, so the return was never going to be great. It's basically a good team looking for a 4th starter.
jtstanley4621
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Gibson's last game was 6IP/2ER against a likely division winner.

I think most teams know Gibson is going to turn back into a pumpkin, so the return was never going to be great. It's basically a good team looking for a 4th starter.
Even if that's true I would rather get SOMETHING for him than waste yet another SP on a very bad team
Grapesoda2525
Quincey P. Morris said:

MLB site just predicted Kennedy to the Phillies and Gibson to stay put due to his untimely slump.
The pitching market is too hot this year for Gibson to stay put. He also pitched 5 or 6 innings in Houston without getting totally crushed so I don't see the alarm there.
hawk1689
AG
I think there is zero chance they trade Dunning. He's part of the future.
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

I think we trade Gibson, Kennedy, Dunning, and Culberson.

Culberson will be a bench add-in to a NL that is looking for some versatility.

I think Dunning has increased value for a team looking for a cheap option to add depth.

With Scherzer going to the Dodgers, I think teams who were in on him have committed to adding a SP and having lost out, realize not only did they want SP, him going to the Dodgers... they need a SP even more.

I'm hoping the Rangers are looking at the prospects of multiple teams checking on Gibson and once Gibson is traded, the Rangers could say, "You know... if you still want to add a SP, we have Dunning."

Milw for example might like Dunning who is cheap and under team control.
The rangers probably view dunning as a part of their future. I agree on the other 3 tho. It's all about the farm and tanking so I'm hoping as many guys move as possible. The only one I wouldn't trade is Garcia because he's an all star making hardly any money at all ( for a mlb player) and we have 5 or 6 years more control.
Grapesoda2525

Please someone give us a decent offer.
DallasAg 94
WestTexasAg
AG
Gibson's slump was untimely indeed. Hopefully other teams will buy in to the "distracted by trade rumors" line of thinking.
KT 90
AG
With Gallo gone now, Garcia will have zero protection around him in the lineup. Those numbers will have an even harder time recovering to his early season numbers.
investorAg83
AG
Phillies showing interest in Kennedy and Gibson; Spencer Howard rumored to be part of the return.

Make. That. Happen.
jtstanley4621
AG
investorAg83 said:

Phillies showing interest in Kennedy and Gibson; Spencer Howard rumored to be part of the return.

Make. That. Happen.
13 career starts, 5.81 career ERA.... Gotta say that doesn't excite me much
DallasAg 94
Proposition Joe
Gibson/Kennedy to the Phillies
DallasAg 94
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Howard has high potential. The Phillies were really counting on him out of the bullpen this year then switched horses in midstream and sent him down to stretch him out.

I'd take Howard as a piece in a heartbeat!

ETA: adding Howard to the rotation for '22 gives us some young, controllable arms with good potential and big league experience. Dunning (assuming he isn't traded) Allard, Howard.
wbt5845
AG
I think Spencer Howard is a great get in return for Gibson. I'd like to send him down and get things worked out.

If it's Howard for both Gibson and Kennedy, I'm not quite as sure. Let's see what the full deal is.
wbt5845
AG
wbt5845
AG
Wow, Phillies fans hate this trade. Must be good.
Proposition Joe
If just one of the other two prospects is decent this is a dynamite trade.
investorAg83
AG
Because it is. Howard has a pretty good ceiling if he can figure out his control. 4 better than good pitches but no GREAT one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.