*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

233,007 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Super Aggie 64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Odor to the Yankees?
toucan82
Will he have to shave his beard?
KT 90
AG
CDowsk09 said:

Odor to the Yankees?

LaMahieu a$$ going to the bench now in NY.... lol.

KT 90
AG

Mr Gigem
AG
Getting a couple of prospects in return. I'm intrigued. The Yankees have a deep farm system
Proposition Joe
wbt5845 said:

There was no line at all at the gate behind home plate where I entered. I think most people tried to enter the north side because most parking is on the north side.

Yeah, that's kind of my point about already having a couple of large events to "get it right"... the Rangers know that 80% of traffic will flow in from the outfield (especially on Opening Day), so you would have thought they would have either over-staffed the outfield gates or funneled some of those people to the alternate entrances.
Proposition Joe
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

One issue I had that I failed to mention earlier is that I prepaid parking in Lot V. Lot V was full two hours before game time and we for rerouted to Cowboys lot 4. The problem is, I had no clue where that was. Asked numerous people and they kept point towards Cowboys stadium. Finally found it and got hassled because I was in the wrong spot. They finally let us park after they spoke with their supervisor.

The upside of that was that it was a short walk before and after the game. Entrance into the park at the home plate entrance was fast, no lines. The walk back to the lot was easy post game and traffic getting out was pretty easy.

Just need to clean up the prepaid parking situation a little.

Yeah prepaid can get complicated because they oversell the lots and on Opening Day entrance traffic is such that if you have to re-route then you're possibly adding 20+ minutes to your arrival time.
Mr Gigem
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

One issue I had that I failed to mention earlier is that I prepaid parking in Lot V. Lot V was full two hours before game time and we for rerouted to Cowboys lot 4. The problem is, I had no clue where that was. Asked numerous people and they kept point towards Cowboys stadium. Finally found it and got hassled because I was in the wrong spot. They finally let us park after they spoke with their supervisor.

The upside of that was that it was a short walk before and after the game. Entrance into the park at the home plate entrance was fast, no lines. The walk back to the lot was easy post game and traffic getting out was pretty easy.

Just need to clean up the prepaid parking situation a little.

Yeah prepaid can get complicated because they oversell the lots and on Opening Day entrance traffic is such that if you have to re-route then you're possibly adding 20+ minutes to your arrival time.
Yeah that's real interesting because when you go through the purchase flow, it seems that you are purchasing a specific lot. However, for the regular cash lots that is not necessarily the case, and it is very misleading. I've had multiple people mention this to me today.

The only lots that are guaranteed are the season lots B, C, and R.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Quincey P. Morris
AG

The punch is in his farewell tweet.
wbt5845
AG
Ranger #007 said:

Stowers played at Louisville and was a very good college player. Not projected to do much - NYY #33 ranked prospect.

Cabello is a catcher who converted to CF and has been quite good. He is NYY #11 prospect. Much more than I thought we could get.
powerbelly
AG
Ranger #007 said:

The punch is in his farewell tweet.
It is by far the best thing he did as a Ranger.
KT 90
AG
wbt5845 said:

Ranger #007 said:

Stowers played at Louisville and was a very good college player. Not projected to do much - NYY #33 ranked prospect.

Cabello is a catcher who converted to CF and has been quite good. He is NYY #11 prospect. Much more than I thought we could get.

Ditto.
TV Casualty
AG
With the Rangers' luck Odor will go to the Yankees and turn it around. It would be annoying to watch him play well in pinstripes.
KT 90
AG

J.P. 03
AG
I'll admit my interest in (and knowledge of) baseball have decreased significantly these past few seasons, but is it normal now to brag about hitting .250?
wbt5845
AG
J.P. 03 said:

I'll admit my interest in (and knowledge of) baseball have decreased significantly these past few seasons, but is it normal now to brag about hitting .250?

When compared to Odor, yes.
Disco Stu
AG
When you're 17-18 years old, maybe
DallasAg 94
Trucker 96
It's mostly a bag of baseballs in return. Harder to evaluate these minor leaguers with no 2020 games, but Stowers was a college draft pick that is long in the tooth for A-ball. So they are offloading a bust. Cabello is at least still young to where who knows. Maybe he'll have some sort of surprising developmental spurt
wbt5845
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Quote:

3:52pm: The Yankees aren't paying any of Odor's salary,

That's simply not true. They have to carry at least the MLB minimum.
wbt5845
AG
And the Rangers ought to at least get one horse back.
Grapesoda2525
The rangers got a few prospects and more importantly finally move on from this embarrassment. There were several years there where we stubbornly ran out a guy who was playing double AA caliber baseball as an everyday major leaguer and he played 150+ games to boot. His batting average and strike out numbers were so terrible that it was probably a distraction for the team.

Now we don't have to worry about people watching the team struggling this year and suggest that we call odor back up to the big club for a " shot in the arm". If the Yankees fix him, I don't care because he certainly wasn't going to be fixed or straightened out here.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
J.P. 03 said:

My interest and knowledge certainly haven't waned (I guess maybe my knowledge because the game is changing) but I had the same question. .250 seems pretty middling if you ask me. I guess minor league rosters have to be filled too.
wbt5845
AG
In summary - since they were going to pay Odor anyway, they now are paying him and getting two prospects - which is two more than they were going to get with an outright release. One is an ex college player who has already been in the minors too long. The other might end up being decent. I've seen him ranked anywhere from 11-20 in the NYY system.
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

wbt5845 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Quote:

Maybe I read this wrong... maybe you can help...

What's wrong is it violates the CBA.
powerbelly
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

wbt5845 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Quote:

Maybe I read this wrong... maybe you can help...

I dont think the reporter is correct. IIRC the CBA required the team that rosters the player to at least pay the minimum
TwoTimeAg
AG
Any idea when July single game tickets will go on sale?
Mr Gigem
AG
No clue yet. May tickets will go on sale soon. If you need to buy tickets right now, then I can help you out if you want to email me
DallasAg 94
toucan82
DallasAg > Jon Heyman
Grapesoda2525

DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Knowing JD, I doubt it was about the prospects. Cabello hasn't played C in the minors. Why tout him as a C?

JD would make the NYY trade if only to force Odor to shave his beard. That is how petty JD is.
He only has to shave his beard if he actually makes it to the major league level.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.