*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,673 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Trucker 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not an Odor fan at all and ready to move on, but that said, it's basically junk behind him until Jung is ready. Since they have to pay him anyway, I'll just be shocked if he's gone before Jung os ready
TXAggie2011
AG
It would be pretty shocking if Odor isn't on the opening day roster.

I can't/didn't read that story but I did see the Woodward quote. Kind of just seemed like coach speak. Some serious coach speak. But still coach speak.

Is this just the media making a story out of coach talk? Or is there more behind it?
KT 90
AG

We will find out soon. Apparently they've told several if they are on the MLB roster or not, some due to contract opt outs. Holt is on the roster, they had to make a decision or let him become a free agent. I believe Tuesday is the deadline for Culberson to either be placed on the roster or let him become a free agent. Apparently they have not told Odor one way or the other if he is on the roster; but of course he is getting $27 or so million either way due to his contract. Article mentioned that Odor is hitting .200 or so this Spring, including 2 for his last 20 (or something like that).
DallasAg 94
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Wow. Didn't make the Opening Day roster.
sburg2007
And there it is.
TXAggie2011
AG
Well, I'll be damned.
KT 90
AG

KT 90
AG
LeClerc to have TJ, which we pretty well knew was coming already. Probably should go ahead and do Hernandez as well and start getting him ready for next year as well.

DeangeloVickers
AG
Who is going to close Ian Kennedy?
Trucker 96
DeangeloVickers said:

Who is going to close Ian Kennedy?

Chuck Morgan is just going to pick a fan of the game who gets to close
rbtexan
S
So this is what rebuilding looks like....
AgBQ-00
AG
I got to admit I'm shocked and happy Rougie is gone.
sburg2007
I mostly like Evan even if disagree with him when it comes to social issues or politics, but he is way out of touch here. How many millions has rougie had making how many millions? These guys get to close to the players, I guess. Yea, he lost his job so someone else is gonna fill it!
Trucker 96
I'll cry 24 million tears for Odor if he'll pay me $1 for each one
Schall 02
AG
So with Odor gone, what are people gonna argue about on here now?
AgBQ-00
AG
Schall 02 said:

That may be the thing I'm most excited about. No more rehashing those season long arguments about odor
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Odor is going to go to another team and rake. He'll bat .290 with 30 HRs and people will complain we didn't give him enough time.

ETA: I'm responding to Shall's question about what people will complain about now with Odor gone.
IronAg45
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Odor is going to go to another team and rake. He'll bat .290 with 30 HRs and people will complain we didn't give him enough time.

ETA: I'm responding to Shall's question about what people will complain about now with Odor gone.

Geez this made my BAS (Ranger style) rear it's ugly mug...
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Couldn't disagree more. Yes, he's made millions. I'm not saying the guy is to be pitied, but rejoicing over it is kinda s****y. I'm also not going to pretend I've never been guilty of it, but I think people get too tied up in them making a big salary therefor they don't deserve any kind of grace when these decisions get made.
DallasAg 94
hawk1689
AG
I'm not against getting rid of Odor. What I don't understand is why they would waste money like that to keep a guy like Charlie Culberson. At best, Culberson matches Odor's production in his down years.
DeangeloVickers
AG
hawk1689 said:

I'm not against getting rid of Odor. What I don't understand is why they would waste money like that to keep a guy like Charlie Culberson. At best, Culberson matches Odor's production in his down years.

Best guess is he's a turd in the clubhouse
Trucker 96
hawk1689 said:

Yeah, very Rangers-like to finally replace Odor after all this time, and do it with a guy whose career K rate is even higher than Odor's. Culberson is ****in terrible
toucan82
Schall 02 said:

I vote Willie
sburg2007
For someone that his been given chance after chance, I just don't have any pity or sympathy. People lose their jobs because they aren't good at them all the time. It's part of life. How come nobody is ever happy for someone getting a new job that takes his place?

I've been an odor apologist since he came up. I don't really care one way or another because it's not like he's blocked someone else.
KT 90
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

hawk1689 said:

I've never heard that about him before, but Elvis is gone now and Odor also knew he wasn't part of the future here anymore, so that is definitely possible.
Trucker 96
If Odor is a clubhouse problem, they really did a helluva job keeping it quiet. As relieved as I am of no more Grapesoda posts, I guess I just don't see the logic on finally doing this now with the absolute crap they are going to roll out in his place. I'd pray for a hot start and then flipping him for a little something
KT 90
AG
toucan82 said:

Schall 02 said:

I vote Willie

Not Willie! That guy can't catch a break, he's always getting hurt, including right now.

You need somebody with a bad contract to really hate on them. Do we even have any bad contracts left? Fielder... gone. Choo... gone. Odor.... gone. What's left? I guess you could say Lyles' is a bad contract since he is terrible, but it's not for that much money.
J.P. 03
AG
KT 90 said:

Do we even have any bad contracts left?

Does the amateur scouting department count?
KT 90
AG
J.P. 03 said:

KT 90 said:

Do we even have any bad contracts left?

Does the amateur scouting department count?

Yeah, we need some upgrades there. Maybe we can poach somebody from Tampa. They ooze young talent on a continual basis it seems.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
sburg2007 said:

For someone that his been given chance after chance, I just don't have any pity or sympathy. People lose their jobs because they aren't good at them all the time. It's part of life. How come nobody is ever happy for someone getting a new job that takes his place?

I've been an odor apologist since he came up. I don't really care one way or another because it's not like he's blocked someone else.

Nothing wrong with being happy for the guy that gets the job. Most people get fired for lack of effort, not because they just couldn't achieve at the job. I think sports are a different animal than most jobs. You can have all the try in the world and still not make it. I think it's a little different when the guy busted his ass and couldn't get it done than when somebody say on their laurels. That's why I feel bad for the guy. He put in the work and it didn't work out. Doesn't mean he gets to keep the job, but I'm not gonna celebrate it either.
PatAg
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

hawk1689 said:

addition by subtraction
chick79
AG
This team is still going to suck but at least I don't have to see Odor at the plate again or screw up in the infield. This is already a good start to the season for me.
wbt5845
AG
Schall 02 said:

So with Odor gone, what are people gonna argue is Grapesoda going to post about now?
FIFY

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.